June 15, 2024, 05:44:59 PMLatest Member: FirbageUSALP
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Any wise Apple people, please answer.

Any wise Apple people, please answer.

Started by Jeffalo13, October 30, 2011, 07:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffalo13

I have an old iPhone 3GS, 32GB white, on AT&T. It works perfectly, with only a few scratches. Should I sell it jailbroken on iOS 5, or keep it unjailbroken? The jailbreak is untethered, as for some reason the tethered jailbrake works as an untethered one on the first iPhone 3GS's. So, ideas?
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Pokeh

Don't jailbreak it, and give the buyer the option to jailbreak it. Since you can't un-jailbreak it. Just in case the buyer is worried jailbreaking will void any warrenty, etc.

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Pokeh on October 30, 2011, 07:24:13 PM
Don't jailbreak it, and give the buyer the option to jailbreak it. Since you can't un-jailbreak it. Just in case the buyer is worried jailbreaking will void any warrenty, etc.

You can un-jailbreak it by restoring it, lulz.  I know that some people might not want it jailbroken, but I'm thinking 'What if there is someone that wants it jailbroken, but doesn't know how/is afraid they'll **** it up?' 
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Pokeh

not really. If you restore it theirs still signs that the ipod/phone has been jailbroken. Apple checks these when doing repairs and stuff.

If you really want to unjailbreak, you'll have to wait for the next ios update. Then download it, install it on your phone/ipod, and then it's unjailbroken. 99% of the time when it's done this way, it's almost impossible to tell if it ever was jailbroken.

& if their afraid, give them the facts. & tell them how to (youtube it, etc.)

denilligaal

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on October 30, 2011, 07:22:05 PM
I have an old iPhone 3GS, 32GB white, on AT&T. It works perfectly, with only a few scratches. Should I sell it jailbroken on iOS 5, or keep it unjailbroken? The jailbreak is untethered, as for some reason the tethered jailbrake works as an untethered one on the first iPhone 3GS's. So, ideas?

do not jailbreak it it isn't even worth it i know this because i have a jailbroken ipod (my old ipod touch) and its AWESOME for the first months but after like 3 months u got al the games u wanted for free and now when an ipod update comes u cant update or ur ipod will crash so u cant play the games anymore so after al a jailbreak suck just keep it normal its so much better

mhj

Do not sell it jailbreaked. It will only scare more away than lure more. If they ask for it then just tell em how. I am pretty sure it's a bad idea selling it jailbreaked.

|More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.|

Jeffalo13

Quote from: denilligaal on October 30, 2011, 07:43:04 PM

do not jailbreak it it isn't even worth it i know this because i have a jailbroken ipod (my old ipod touch) and its AWESOME for the first months but after like 3 months u got al the games u wanted for free and now when an ipod update comes u cant update or ur ipod will crash so u cant play the games anymore so after al a jailbreak suck just keep it normal its so much better

No one jailbreaks just so that they get free games, lol.  If you do, you're dumb/very young.
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Iridion

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on October 30, 2011, 09:26:50 PM
Quote from: denilligaal on October 30, 2011, 07:43:04 PM

No one jailbreaks just so that they get free games, lol.  If you do, you're dumb/very young.
wat other uses

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-