May 23, 2024, 12:19:29 PMLatest Member: MichaelAvend

I was told

Started by zepher2211, January 18, 2012, 02:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerPig

Quote from: Yz on January 18, 2012, 11:37:55 PM
Quote from: asmit10 on January 18, 2012, 11:37:04 PM
"If part of pvp is being able to deal with those obstacles than saying flop is the best map to pvp on is just an excuse to not have to deal with any obstacles, right?"

that actually makes sense.

it would if holo wasn't like 80% lag ::)

ur 100% lag  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Yz

fku pig lol!!

cbf quoting so

"Just another statement that means nothing at all o-o, more negative stuff to make me look bad, while trying to put yourself in a better light, still doesn't make sense, never has"

lolk if u really think so buddy
DISCORD killyzkill

sasuke6548

lol muncay wanna vs me right now??

KillerPig

lol sasuke theyve changed topic completely now

Allie

"If part of pvp is being able to deal with those obstacles than saying flop is the best map to pvp on is just an excuse to not have to deal with any obstacles, right?"

That would, if I didn't already mention that point that muncay decided to totally skip over.
Without obstacles is raw pvp skill -- this is the skill that is judged primarily as it judges your actual ability to pvp.
With obstacles blurs the skill -- using the obstacles to your advantage.
If you ask me to repeat again I'm leaving this thread lol.

zepher2211

Quote from: Yz on January 18, 2012, 11:34:57 PM
k ill just ignore everything that's retarded and say your opinion doesn't mean shit when it comes to pvp to anyone but yourself okok thx 8) 8)

Highlighted the negative part in red

k ill just ignore everything that's retarded and say your opinion doesn't mean shit when it comes to pvp to anyone but yourself okok thx 8) 8)

Highlighted the accusation in green, there was no proof so I had nothing to highlight

I highlighted the only part of the post a person needs to read to get the point of the post, since there's nothing more to it

^My point

@Allie: My point is you're wrong, raw pvp skill includes being able to use all parts of bots pvp to your advantage, otherwise you can say, "Well, I'm really good at part of pvp."
Powersurge
Headstrong

asmit10

Quote from: Allie on January 18, 2012, 11:44:01 PM

That would, if I didn't already mention that point that muncay decided to totally skip over.
Without obstacles is raw pvp skill -- this is the skill that is judged primarily as it judges your actual ability to pvp.
With obstacles blurs the skill -- using the obstacles to your advantage.
If you ask me to repeat again I'm leaving this thread lol.

It still takes training, and a lot of skill. Just a different type of skill.
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

KillerPig

holo takes jumping, camping, shooting, and push skill  :D :D :D

Yoshi91

raw skill = pro @flop. You prove yourself to be a legitimate pvp'er without the interference of that many obstacles, hence the name RAW skill.
"blur" skill = pro @holo. Although you're not entirely great at all the aspect of what makes a pvp'er good at pvp you're still okay at the aspect of acclimating with the obstacles of lag and campingHolo and using it to your advantage.

raw skill also mean you can move with agility that overcome that of your opponent and beat'em. kk i tink i no make sense anymaor. i stop

Pokeh

Hey guys im the best login pvper

zepher2211

Quote from: Yoshi91 on January 19, 2012, 12:00:27 AM
raw skill = pro @flop. You prove yourself to be a legitimate pvp'er without the interference of that many obstacles, hence the name RAW skill.
"blur" skill = pro @holo. Although you're not entirely great at all the aspect of what makes a pvp'er good at pvp you're still okay at the aspect of acclimating with the obstacles of lag and campingHolo and using it to your advantage.

raw skill also mean you can move with agility that overcome that of your opponent and beat'em. kk i tink i no make sense anymaor. i stop

smh, you restated what the other people said D; I'm not getting it though, is it not raw skill to be able to use every resource to your advantage, especially when those resources are in 75% of the maps o-o
Powersurge
Headstrong

-PeaceLover-

January 19, 2012, 01:04:01 AM #41 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:05:51 AM by -PeaceLover-
Quote from: zepher2211 on January 19, 2012, 12:13:51 AM
Quote from: Yoshi91 on January 19, 2012, 12:00:27 AM

smh, you restated what the other people said D; I'm not getting it though, is it not raw skill to be able to use every resource to your advantage, especially when those resources are in 75% of the maps o-o
Even though i'm not a great not even a average pvper I will put a say into this
@Muncay Yes if you know how to use the obstacles as advantages you got the upper hand but i mean like think if it was just a plain match no detraction who will win the person who concentrate on the obstacles or the person who concentrate on winning the game. It goes both ways. So the person who use the obstacles vs not use the obstacles are the same skill level. Example the person who use the obstacles can beat the person who doesn't on the obstacle map. And the person without any obstacles win because the person who does obstacles is clueless on the no obstaclemap kinda get my point.

iwasbobo

Flop's set up in a great way, and it has it's own obstacles to overcome. Height differentials - holo has none of this. Generally, on Flop, you want to be above your opponent (other than a few situations or if you're trying to lure them in a particular way). The spacing between jumps is great, i.e. side fence to second highest platform. The many different heights makes it possible to run away from trans, but still difficult, making the meta game prominent, yet not absolutely primary to the point where mastering trans and sucking at everything else can still win you games. Many different opportunities for luring, whereas in holo it's essentially limited to jumping at your opponent, then turning back. Pros and cons for multiple skills, though in holo there are some that are obviously above the rest (not completely overpowered, but definitely gives the advantage.) This one isn't huge, but flop gives the opportunity to differ from breakfall without imminent death. Charge can be deadly if used correctly, although it's a double-edged sword in the way that you can get ground hit. =/

I'll continue if you wish...

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

zepher2211

Quote from: iwasbobo on January 19, 2012, 02:00:10 AM
Flop's set up in a great way, and it has it's own obstacles to overcome. Height differentials - holo has none of this. Generally, on Flop, you want to be above your opponent (other than a few situations or if you're trying to lure them in a particular way). The spacing between jumps is great, i.e. side fence to second highest platform. The many different heights makes it possible to run away from trans, but still difficult, making the meta game prominent, yet not absolutely primary to the point where mastering trans and sucking at everything else can still win you games. Many different opportunities for luring, whereas in holo it's essentially limited to jumping at your opponent, then turning back. Pros and cons for multiple skills, though in holo there are some that are obviously above the rest (not completely overpowered, but definitely gives the advantage.) This one isn't huge, but flop gives the opportunity to differ from breakfall without imminent death. Charge can be deadly if used correctly, although it's a double-edged sword in the way that you can get ground hit. =/

I'll continue if you wish...

But that doesn't make it any different from any other pvp map, it's just the one people get used to, like you said it has it's own obstacles, saying it's the best map for pvp is just having a preference, shouldn't be treated like fact; on top of that other maps contain key elements that make pvping on that map worth it, imo we just have a bunch of republican old players who hate change, so we're stuck on this selection of one boring map
Powersurge
Headstrong

iwasbobo

Quote from: zepher2211 on January 19, 2012, 06:44:31 PMBut that doesn't make it any different from any other pvp map, it's just the one people get used to, like you said it has it's own obstacles, saying it's the best map for pvp is just having a preference, shouldn't be treated like fact; on top of that other maps contain key elements that make pvping on that map worth it, imo we just have a bunch of republican old players who hate change, so we're stuck on this selection of one boring map

I gave you multiple reasons why flop is the ideal PvP map, you just chose to ignore them. A main one is how it's set up in such a way that running from a trans is still possible.

Give me another map, and I'll tell you why flop is better than it. Maybe that will help. >_>

Quote from: Pokeh'this is called the blockimus-glieicha, also known as the block glitch'

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-