April 28, 2024, 01:33:48 AMLatest Member: lmhbk1234
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Feedback/Rants » Disappointed

Disappointed

Started by Gramps, July 01, 2012, 05:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rettknight

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on July 03, 2012, 10:12:22 PM
I totally agree with Gavin's post a few pages back.  All BoutCheetah is anymore is just grinding sector - I don't even really feel much nostalgia from Acclaim's BOTS, since, as Gavin said, only 20% of the greatness of BOTS is present in the current BoutCheetah. 

My $0.02:

I think PvP/BvB exp should be drastically increased.  You may say 'NO!!  PEOPLE WILL ABUSE THAT AND LEVEL UP FAST!!'.  Well, to that I say how is someone abusing PvP/BvB any different from getting a level 1, finding a friend that is 221, having them grind 228 in 2 minutes on hard and getting 10k exp.  I'd rather have two revived modes that a small minority will abuse for exp than have one legitimately playable mode.  For most people, I think, sector only has a limited amount of interest compared to the other two modes.  I mean, for God's sake - you play the same identical thing EVERY time (which is the computer), when you could be playing against the other players of the game.  I would take a game that everyone is maxed out in level and just PvP/BvBs much rather than a game with monotonous repetition of the same level, playing against the computer.  How is that any different than a game in which it is easy to abuse the multiplayer part of the game?  I mean, I don't even really know the rates in PvP/BvB as there is no one to ever play them in, but I know that they are not very high.  What if you doubled, even tripled or quadrupled that amount?  Especially in BvB, it is very difficult to get exp, which is why no on is ever in that mode.  That would make GP and exp actually possible to attain in PvP, and you would actually have fun doing it.    For example, an OK game of base would 15, maybe 20 minutes long.  In that time, you would earn probably a few hundred, maybe a couple thousand (over-estimate), exp.  If you spent 10 minutes of 228 on hard during 3x, you earn 40k+ exp, assuming you're taking 2.5 minutes each round.  Because of this, there are virtually no new players (i.e. not from BOTS Acclaim) that want to spend a longer time obtaining almost no exp. 

I think a reset of GP + 30 member limit would be best for guilds.  It would probably be best to split the current amounts into some type of archived section, so that people that spent a lot of time would still have the proof of their hard work somewhere.  However, now that BoutCheetah is much less hackable than before, the new GP amounts would be much more credible.  A lower limit for max players in a guild would allow for more competition between guilds, as all of the more experienced players could not all be in a couple of guilds, so there would be more than two or three rivalries.

The market is beyond repair.  +8 would be ridiculous, and when you have a paid section of the game, it is almost impossible to have a legitimate economic system.  It just doesn't work.

Sooooo...... that's 4/5 ;o.
You are very clever, I totally agreed with you in the PvP/BvB rates increase part but Idk if it can get implemented, it would be fun, tho..

IGN: RetKiss | Ret | | -Ret- | Gora

Zack66775

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on July 03, 2012, 10:12:22 PM
I totally agree with Gavin's post a few pages back.  All BoutCheetah is anymore is just grinding sector - I don't even really feel much nostalgia from Acclaim's BOTS, since, as Gavin said, only 20% of the greatness of BOTS is present in the current BoutCheetah.  

My $0.02:

I think PvP/BvB exp should be drastically increased.  You may say 'NO!!  PEOPLE WILL ABUSE THAT AND LEVEL UP FAST!!'.  Well, to that I say how is someone abusing PvP/BvB any different from getting a level 1, finding a friend that is 221, having them grind 228 in 2 minutes on hard and getting 10k exp.  I'd rather have two revived modes that a small minority will abuse for exp than have one legitimately playable mode.  For most people, I think, sector only has a limited amount of interest compared to the other two modes.  I mean, for God's sake - you play the same identical thing EVERY time (which is the computer), when you could be playing against the other players of the game.  I would take a game that everyone is maxed out in level and just PvP/BvBs much rather than a game with monotonous repetition of the same level, playing against the computer.  How is that any different than a game in which it is easy to abuse the multiplayer part of the game?  I mean, I don't even really know the rates in PvP/BvB as there is no one to ever play them in, but I know that they are not very high.  What if you doubled, even tripled or quadrupled that amount?  Especially in BvB, it is very difficult to get exp, which is why no on is ever in that mode.  That would make GP and exp actually possible to attain in PvP, and you would actually have fun doing it.    For example, an OK game of base would 15, maybe 20 minutes long.  In that time, you would earn probably a few hundred, maybe a couple thousand (over-estimate), exp.  If you spent 10 minutes of 228 on hard during 3x, you earn 40k+ exp, assuming you're taking 2.5 minutes each round.  Because of this, there are virtually no new players (i.e. not from BOTS Acclaim) that want to spend a longer time obtaining almost no exp.  

I think a reset of GP + 30 member limit would be best for guilds.  It would probably be best to split the current amounts into some type of archived section, so that people that spent a lot of time would still have the proof of their hard work somewhere.  However, now that BoutCheetah is much less hackable than before, the new GP amounts would be much more credible.  A lower limit for max players in a guild would allow for more competition between guilds, as all of the more experienced players could not all be in a couple of guilds, so there would be more than two or three rivalries.

The market is beyond repair.  +8 would be ridiculous, and when you have a paid section of the game, it is almost impossible to have a legitimate economic system.  It just doesn't work.

Sooooo...... that's 4/5 ;o.

Example:

16:46 BvB game gives 110 exp
http://i48.tinypic.com/35lr9ky.png

1:38 Sector game, level 215 doing level 66 gives 120 exp
http://i48.tinypic.com/2rlyohi.png
Totally agree with Jeff here.

Goals:
100 posts [X] 500 posts [X] 1000 posts [X] 1500 posts [ ] 2000 posts [] Member [] << D:
Forum Mod [ ]

Gramps

^^meaty, muncay, zom & kenny <3

KillerPig

actually read all that horry shi-

why is it that people only listen when someone with good grammar writes a paragraph  :(
people have been suggesting more exp for pvp and bvb for aeons now  >:(

(click to show/hide)

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Iridion

Quote from: KillerPig on July 04, 2012, 09:27:31 AM
actually read all that horry shi-

why is it that people only listen when someone with good grammar writes a paragraph  :(
people have been suggesting more exp for pvp and bvb for aeons now  >:(

(click to show/hide)

in italian its different aha

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Gramps

I think this is a pointless topic now, lock time.

Corr

@ ENES- Wait.. So you are telling me that after I had to leave ROSS ONLY LASTED FOR 4 MORE MINUTES....

/facetree. >_______________>

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Gramps

Jeffalo13

Quote from: Corr on July 04, 2012, 03:32:32 PM
@ ENES- Wait.. So you are telling me that after I had to leave ROSS ONLY LASTED FOR 4 MORE MINUTES....

/facetree. >_______________>

Naw, I have pics that show our base had HP left and yours was dead, but it didn't kill your base :(

Ross is just that ****ing good...
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Corr

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Gramps

Not that ancient yet, still know whats best for game/has all his marbles.

Epic xD

Honestly, I'm surprised you're only disappointed now. The whole guild system in Bots is just pathetic. Ranking a guild by points is a really stupid concept. All it does is show how much people play the game in the first place. You want guilds to be competitive over points? Imo, a guild should be competitive within itself over a specific game mode (sector, PvP, BvB). At least that way, the players actually do something interesting, have fun, and get better at the game.

/bai

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Pokeh

Quote from: Epic xD on July 05, 2012, 02:53:21 AM
Honestly, I'm surprised you're only disappointed now. The whole guild system in Bots is just pathetic. Ranking a guild by points is a really stupid concept. All it does is show how much people play the game in the first place. You want guilds to be competitive over points? Imo, a guild should be competitive within itself over a specific game mode (sector, PvP, BvB). At least that way, the players actually do something interesting, have fun, and get better at the game.

/bai

one step at a time. bc can't handle excellency.

KillerPig

Quote from: Epic xD on July 05, 2012, 02:53:21 AM
Imo, a guild should be competitive within itself over a specific game mode (sector, PvP, BvB).

wtf ur suggestion is worse than the current one

U literally just said players in a guild should be competing with each other

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Epic xD

Why not? Competing with fellow guild mates allows you to play a game mode and become better at it. When I played Evo, I really only played BvB with people in cb420swag because people outside of that guild were terrible (and still are).

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-