September 28, 2024, 09:16:06 PMLatest Member: Allameelt
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Suggestion

Suggestion

Started by Cooky, November 05, 2012, 12:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooky

Is there any chance it could be made so that I have the ability to announce when I am going to have a race? people message me a lot saying they missed the race or when is the race going to be and most people miss out because they are in a room. Since I am sure giving me the ability to announce anything is out of the question, perhaps a simple command where I type like @race  and it announced 'Cookys having a race soon, go to lobby' or something like that.

Your thoughts?

Selene

November 05, 2012, 12:58:30 AM #1 Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:58:48 AM by Selene
Player Sponsored Events It wouldn't be fair for the others if you got the ability to have that kind of power.

Only read first line.

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 05, 2012, 12:58:30 AM
Player Sponsored Events It wouldn't be fair for the others if you got the ability to have that kind of power.
Only read first line.
I disagree and I also think my race event should be the exception because of how successful of an event it is. I have invented (with Kennys help of course) a whole new game mode, and I dont think simply being able to tell people when I am going to be hosting a race is that much power.

ZeroUH

Quote from: Cooky on November 05, 2012, 01:01:56 AM
Quote from: Selene on November 05, 2012, 12:58:30 AM
Only read first line.
I disagree and I also think my race event should be the exception because of how successful of an event it is.
Even if it was successful or not, your rights of hosting events are the same of all other players. Post your event announcement there like everyone else does.

Cooky

im not asking for different 'rights' im just asking for some way I can let all players know when I am going to be doing a race

and dont say to post on thread because not enough people look there

Selene

"Find someway", you just say in lobby or on forums.

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 05, 2012, 01:31:07 AM
neither are efficient enough

maybe make a new item in shop that lets you make an announcement?

Selene

No.

It's players sponsored event.

ZeroUH

Quote from: Cooky on November 05, 2012, 01:28:37 AM
im not asking for different 'rights' im just asking for some way I can let all players know when I am going to be doing a race

and dont say to post on thread because not enough people look there

Quote from: Cooky on November 05, 2012, 01:32:32 AM
Quote from: Selene on November 05, 2012, 01:31:07 AM
neither are efficient enough

maybe make a new item in shop that lets you make an announcement?

We are using that section for a long time and it's working very well. We are not going to make any item because that can be used to spam.

Rossbach

November 05, 2012, 01:37:41 AM #9 Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:39:24 AM by Rossbach
Quote from: Selene on November 05, 2012, 01:34:10 AM
No.

It's players sponsored event.

"Maybe make a new item in shop that lets you make an announcement? " Did not mean to give Cooky just that item. Cooky basically suggested a new item to be available to everyone in the game, thus making no unfair advantage between players, besides the cost of the item.  ::)

So besides saying just "no," it should have a legitimate vote of + or -, and a reason why (like Zero did.)

Omnomnom eating toast.

ZeroUH

Quote from: Rossbach on November 05, 2012, 01:37:41 AM

"Maybe make a new item in shop that lets you make an announcement? " Did not mean to give Cooky just that item. Cooky basically suggested a new item to be available to everyone in the game, thus making no unfair advantage between players, besides the cost of the item.  ::)

Quote from: ZeroUH on November 05, 2012, 01:36:59 AM
We are using that section for a long time and it's working very well. We are not going to make any item because that can be used to spam.

Rossbach

November 05, 2012, 01:42:36 AM #11 Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:47:45 AM by Rossbach
Quote from: ZeroUH on November 05, 2012, 01:40:03 AM
Quote from: Rossbach on November 05, 2012, 01:37:41 AM

Quote from: ZeroUH on November 05, 2012, 01:36:59 AM

Yes, that is nice Zero, you stated why you did not want it implemented, however your also not the only person here, let other people vote. Also, where did this "we" come from?

Besides, let them use it to spam and waste all their Gigas, Coins, or BS..  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

ZeroUH

Quote from: Rossbach on November 05, 2012, 01:42:36 AM
Besides, let them use it to spam and waste all their gigas.  ::)
Suggestion of price.
I really don't know... I was thinking in 10m Gigas  = 5 Announcements.

Pokeh

Quote from: ZeroUH on November 05, 2012, 01:45:59 AM
Quote from: Rossbach on November 05, 2012, 01:42:36 AM
Besides, let them use it to spam and waste all their gigas.  ::)
Suggestion of price.
I really don't know... I was thinking in 10m Gigas  = 5 Announcements.

that could work. and it kills gigas, so why not

Rossbach

November 05, 2012, 01:56:25 AM #14 Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:58:17 AM by Rossbach
Ross is thinking it would be like the "GM chat," as in when someone says something in the lobby, everyone can hear it, even when playing a game. So they could buy a 5 pack from the shop for 10m Gigas, and use the command; "@acc xxx", where xxx = w/e they want to say. Such as "@acc Room 5 for sector race!" You can also set a time limit, for example you can use it 5 times per hour, or 1 time per 10 minutes, to help prevent flooding the game with spam.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-