June 01, 2024, 10:01:31 AMLatest Member: TrevorESORN
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » The forum needs this.. desperatley

The forum needs this.. desperatley

Started by Cooky, December 21, 2012, 02:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooky

This thread is not to cause drama or insult staff, it is simply a suggestion that I feel will help the forums greatly.

I was banned on Pokemon Online for 'advertising' bout cheetahs link..and a friend of mine on Pokemon Online who is a moderator told me to post in the appeals section of the forum. He directed me to it and sure enough.. theres a section for 'Appeals'. This is where people who got in trouble post and say why they think the wrong decision was made and reasons why the decision should be changed. Staff approach this section in a respectful and understanding manner, all voices are heard as equal, and an attempt is made to satisfy all parties involved. Staff will discuss whether or not the person was indeed wrongfully punished or not, and come to a fair conclusion.

We have to face the facts.. anyone who opposes staff or questions one of their decisions gets in trouble for it or attacked by staff and (occasionally) immorally humiliated in front of everyone. This is wrong. We need a place besides the 'feedback and rants' section where people can express their disapproval with decisions staff have made. As it stands now whenever someone makes a topic suggesting they were wrongfully punished or that a wrongful decision was made, the thread is usually followed with a condecending comment by staff telling the person how bad they are for making the topic.. told to not make another topic.. and the thread gets locked. This is not fair.

An Appeals section would reduce the drama on the forums and improve the ever important relationship between players and staff. It will give players a voice and give them the feeling that staff are there to help make the situation right for both sides, not to make a decision and punish anyone who publically disagrees with it or questions it.

My advice for rules of this section would be as follows:

You can only make an appeal thread about a decision or punishment that was made about you, you cannot appeal something that happened to somebody else, thats up to them to do.
No one can post except for staff and the person who started the appeal thread.
The appeal thread is not the place to simply insult staff. If staff feels the user used an appeal thread as a way to insult staff, that user will face a punishment.
What staff decided on the appeal thread is final, and no 2nd or 3rd appeal thread may be created or the user may face a punishment.

Again, this is not to cause drama or insult staff, it is simply a suggestion that I feel will help the forums greatly.

Rossbach

December 21, 2012, 02:18:36 PM #1 Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:20:34 PM by Rossbach
Staff will probably say no because their ego the staff always think that the person who got warned deserved it no matter what / they too lazy. Anyways Ross will +1 this.  ::)

// For staff who think it is useless:

If a person is upset about their warning and they believe they do not deserved it, however they do deserve it they may not ever learn from that experience. Those who feel like the warning was misplaced can use this section and even if they get proven wrong by the staff, they can learn why it is not allowed, and how they can learn from it. Simply warning someone with a 3 word explanation may not always be enough. Of course there should not be any fighting between staff and this.

Plus it can also help ragging members keep their cool and post their topic in that section, rather than all over forums (/mainly rant section.) 

Omnomnom eating toast.

MagicXR

Quote from: Rossbach on December 21, 2012, 02:18:36 PM
Staff will probably say no because their ego the staff always think that the person who got warned deserved it no matter what / they too lazy. Anyways Ross will +1 this.  ::)

If a person is upset about their warning and they believe they do not deserved it, however they do deserve it they may not ever learn from that experience. Those who feel like the warning was misplaced can use this section and even if they get proven wrong by the staff, they can learn why it is not allowed, and how they can learn from it. Simply warning someone with a 3 word explanation may not always be enough. Of course there should not be any fighting between staff and this.

Plus it can also help ragging members keep their cool and post their topic in that section, rather than all over forums (/mainly rant section.) 
I agree 100%

DarkShadow89

December 21, 2012, 03:14:45 PM #3 Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:18:31 PM by DarkShadow89
I think everyone here takes this game a bit too seriously, go get fresh air and sunshine if you're banned or have a warning. The fact is, its not the staffs fault.... i bitch at staff all the time.. without sounding like an offensive retard that rages, and I dont get warned? You have to be careful who you pick your battles with and how you battle broskies. Not to mention if we had a section... no one would use it anyway. And even then, staff dont tend to reply because usually they dont give a ****. They know why they gave you that warning, and complaining about it makes it worse O_o. When i got warned, i just didnt play for like a week... I came back and I was fine... but sometimes staff extends warnings/bans according to how you act when receiving a punishment. Maybe instead of having a sections where everyone can rage cause theyre banned, I just think everyone just needs to grow up.

Quote from: Rossbach on December 21, 2012, 02:18:36 PM
Staff will probably say no because their ego the staff always think that the person who got warned deserved it no matter what / they too lazy. Anyways Ross will +1 this.  ::)

Actually, if you read the rules after your punishment you can kind of figure why you got banned or warned. I dont know why you need a staff to tell you why you got banned? You mean you want some kind of 2nd chance or something? Because trust me, when you get in trouble... you KNOW what you did wrong. People just bitch and complain to get a 2nd chance, not to "figure out why and become a better person" this section would be garbage on the forums and is not needed.

Just PM if you want to know why.
<br />BoutCheetah: DankBudz420 | 150 | Vanquish<br />
Quote from: yeritsyaboy1 on July 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM<br />Food For Thought .<br />

Selene

December 21, 2012, 03:18:42 PM #4 Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:21:13 PM by Selene
It should be that only staff and the player who made the topic to only see it.

Making a new section is useless to me. If you have a problem with your warning/moderation/banned PM one of the higher staff members.

DarkShadow89

December 21, 2012, 03:20:12 PM #5 Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:22:24 PM by DarkShadow89
Quote from: Selene on December 21, 2012, 03:18:42 PM
If you have a problem with your warning/moderation/banned PM one of the high staff members.

No need to cause drama publicly. Good point Selene. Also dont we have a section for rants?
Quote from: yeritsyaboy1 on July 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM<br />Food For Thought .<br />

Cooky

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on December 21, 2012, 03:20:12 PM
Quote from: Selene on December 21, 2012, 03:18:42 PM
If you have a problem with your warning/moderation/banned PM one of the high staff members.

No need to cause drama publicly. Good point Selene. Another reason why this sounds like a stupid idea, also DONT WE HAVE A SECTION FOR RANTS?

I do not feel that is a fair nor effective way of appealing a punishment.

DarkShadow89

Really? Sounds dandy to me.

Why waste the time to make a section to rage about punishments, when you can just PRIVATELY message an Admin about your problem. You know, if you ACTUALLY cared about becoming a better person.

Xx Itz Ian

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on December 21, 2012, 03:23:46 PM

Why waste the time to make a section to rage about punishments, when you can just PRIVATELY message an Admin about your problem. You know, if you ACTUALLY cared about becoming a better person.

like admins are going to respond to your rage pm's
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Cooky

DarkShadow you clearly arent understanding the purpose of an Appeals section. Do you not know what the word Appeal means?

By you saying 'dont we already have a rants section' shows how much you dont understand it. A rant is not an appeal.

And I feel that 'PMing a staff to resolve the issue' is not an effective way of doing it because you can only PM one person at a time and so not all staff are on the same page (unless every user forwards all of their posts to every staff member) , this also leads to staff splitting which is where a user gets an answer he doesnt like and so he asks another staff in hopes of getting a different answer.

'PMing a staff member' is not an effective way of appealing a punishment. Yes, maybe its less work for staff, but it is no way nearly as effective as a section devoted towards Appeals where all staff can view it, be on the same page, and come to a resolution.

Also, I dont appreciate the way you are coming off in your posts.

You know, if you ACTUALLY cared about becoming a better person.

Quote from: DarkShadow89 on December 21, 2012, 03:14:45 PM
I think everyone here takes this game a bit too seriously, go get fresh air and sunshine if you're banned or have a warning.
I just think everyone just needs to grow up.

I appreciate your opinions, but the implications your posts are making are not neccesary.

Rossbach

Quote from: Xx Itz Ian on December 21, 2012, 03:25:33 PM

like admins are going to respond to your rage pm's

Exactly. The chances they will read and reply to it is slim. Plus it would be basically 1 on 1 talk (/unless staff talk about it to other staff). It should be a discussion of at least 2+ staff with the person making the appeal to get more than just one opinion.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Toast

There was actually an appeals section before.
I don't know what happened to it.

NeoKiller

Quote from: Toast on December 21, 2012, 06:04:41 PM
There was actually an appeals section before.
I don't know what happened to it.
It was for ingame only. They removed it though, forgot for which reason.

spiderstar

I think it's a good idea. 
People should deserve a second chance and appealing it is a good way to make a person see what he did wrong and how he can fix it. 
However, if this is implemented it should only be between staff and the individual player that broke the rule.  This way it will be handled in a professional manner instead of some of the appeals turning into Community vs Staff fights. 

There should also be an appeal format so people realize that it can't be a 2-4 worded appeals like "I'm sorry" and "I did something wrong".
Something along the lines of this.

IGN:
Reason for Punishment:
Why this was wrong:
How will you change yourself to make it better?:

Cooky

Quote from: spiderstar on December 21, 2012, 10:52:56 PM
if this is implemented it should only be between staff and the individual player that broke the rule.  This way it will be handled in a professional manner instead of some of the appeals turning into Community vs Staff fights. 

I agree

I said that in my post when I listed the rules

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-