April 26, 2024, 12:48:38 PMLatest Member: AudreaHind
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Announcements » Seeking a new In-Game Moderator

Seeking a new In-Game Moderator

Started by Selene, June 08, 2013, 08:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godz

Quote from: medchiller on June 15, 2013, 04:28:36 PM
Quote from: Godz on June 13, 2013, 08:22:11 AM
Quote from: Selene on June 12, 2013, 11:42:19 PM
8 more days! If you haven't yet made an application you still have time. Remember to double check your grammar and neatness.
You can be good in grammar but bad at moderating the game.
We shouldnt care about grammar!
Grammar is an important key in a Moderator application. It shows that you took time to fix your mistakes and care enough about it to proof read it. In a way grammar can also be important as a Moderator. If someone asks you a question and what you answer is unreadable then you may have failed in helping that person. I see where you're coming from though Godz ;)
if your grammar is good enough to answer those game questions then you're fine?
Or you have to be grammar master?  :-\

hur9

Quote from: Godz on June 15, 2013, 07:03:54 PM
8 more days! If you haven't yet made an application you still have time. Remember to double check your grammar and neatness.
Grammar is an important key in a Moderator application. It shows that you took time to fix your mistakes and care enough about it to proof read it. In a way grammar can also be important as a Moderator. If someone asks you a question and what you answer is unreadable then you may have failed in helping that person. I see where you're coming from though Godz ;)
^

medchiller

8 more days! If you haven't yet made an application you still have time. Remember to double check your grammar and neatness.
No ones grammar is perfect but it has to be understandable. As I said before I can see where you are coming from Godz but in a Mod application the grammar should be good. It shows how much time and effort you're willing to put into being a Moderator. ;)

hur9

I putted all my effort. Hope that works

Cooky

Grammar is not that important as long as you can speak English you are fine

Rossbach

June 16, 2013, 04:06:56 AM #50 Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:18:41 AM by Rossbach
Grammar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTwCCrMRTxE

0:40 if you want.  ::)

Anyways gl everyone on your application.

Omnomnom eating toast.

zomniethe4

Grammar is always important no matter what. Every country abides by its own grammar rules, possibly the same as others, and if a foreigner comes in and speaks with their understanding of grammar, they will be looked down upon as an idiot.
Sad, but true.

Zom

Purple

Quote from: zomniethe4 on June 16, 2013, 04:46:06 AM
Grammar is always important no matter what. Every country abides by its own grammar rules, possibly the same as others, and if a foreigner comes in and speaks with their understanding of grammar, they will be looked down upon as an idiot.
Sad, but true.
I never really considered that they may actually be following a certain set of rules for Grammar. Thanks for posting that.

^**** im special xd

Iridion

what if you emailed ea because your brand new game has some bugs and the reply you get is barely understandable and doesnt help you at all?

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Cooky

why is it taking so long?  anyone who hasnt seen this thread and applied by now either doesnt want to be a mod or isnt active enough

Cooky

No offense but Selene has bad grammar and she is Head GM so please stop acting like you have to have perfect grammar to be a good staff member because that's just not true. Its a helpful skill to have but its not what makes a staff member good or bad (unless its really really bad).

zomniethe4

Zom

JustRK

With the few instances talking with Selene I didn't think she had bad grammar. Sure speaking English is probably the bare minimum, but like what med said you want someone to read what you're saying without laughing at you or having to knit pick at what you say. You also have to take into consideration that some people have their doubts and probably the large amount of people who have applied for the position. Perhaps the want to see who is more worthy between candidates? It's not something you can expedite.

Anyway good luck to those who applied :p

Cooky

Godz

Quote from: Cooky on June 16, 2013, 08:50:49 AM
No offense but Selene has bad grammar and she is Head GM so please stop acting like you have to have perfect grammar to be a good staff member because that's just not true. Its a helpful skill to have but its not what makes a staff member good or bad (unless its really really bad).

This^^

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-