May 23, 2024, 02:54:29 AMLatest Member: MichaelAvend
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » GFX » Comments and Criticism?

Comments and Criticism?

Started by NotAnon, August 14, 2013, 08:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotAnon

I was never very good, but I'm trying to get back into it. If corr asks I did this right after I finished his masterpiece. If anyone else asks tell em the same thing lol.

Please and thank you

Dark_Wolf

Quote from: NotAnon on August 14, 2013, 08:35:46 AM
I was never very good, but I'm trying to get back into it. If corr asks I did this right after I finished his masterpiece. If anyone else asks tell em the same thing lol.

Please and thank you

I'm not soo hot on the skills of GFX and sigs and all but i like this. Good job.

Allie

I love the colour and blending, but it took a really long time staring at it to see what the render was, or what direction it was facing.
Need a tiny bit more contrast there, imo.

antisickness

didn't know you were a tagger ._. can you post previous stuff so I can compare?

in regards to this one though, I think the cohesive presence of blue adds to the mood of the sig
I disagree with Allie saying that there's not enough contrast. I think that there is a bit too much. You can tell just by looking at the sharp highlights clashing with the pitch black.
The render is a bit dodgy, I gotta agree. His mask almost seems clipping masked + is therefore hard to distinguish

couple more things but I gotta eat so

6/10

NotAnon

August 14, 2013, 09:52:02 AM #4 Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:58:23 AM by NotAnon
@Antisickness: The original render shows half of his body disintegrating. So I thought, why not make this a Melancholy piece? I'm so damn lost in Gimp now I had to fumble through all of it. Do you have any tips?

Oh and this is the only kinda recent one I could find without searching fervently.

@Allie: Really all I have down is color and blending. I'm terrible with light sources and text. Would you have any tips too?

@Dark wolf: Thanks man, greatly appreciated.

antisickness

I like the bit of smudge on that one. especially in unison with the light on his shoulder. too much black present in the sig is the biggest issue for me, though.

I don't know much about gimp cause im a ps user so the only tips I'd be able to offer are probably through cnc

if you have them, try gradient maps. they're a great finishing touch adjustment especially on blend modes etc.
oh yeah, try creating some depth too. blurring bits like the bg, crawling into a bit of the bubbles, can help you achieve it.

NotAnon

August 14, 2013, 10:20:43 AM #6 Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:37:31 AM by NotAnon
I've tried to use Photoshop but after learning everything on gimp it just confuses the hell out of me. Since I'm lost in gimp now I'd hate to see what PS would do to me now haha. Thanks for the heads up btw, I do have too much empty space in most of my tags, and depth has never been a strong point for me.

I think everyone's noticed by now but blues my favorite color haha.

KillerPig

I cant figure out render what is it

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

ghostkid17

Cool, nice job  ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้
-Oreos-
Quote from: Materger
I am now an Oreos fan!
Quote from: Allie
Oreos was a failed project.

mo9

i'm a big fan of the colour dominance
lighting is really off x_x
the flow is pretty decent , but it doesn't follow through to the background
there's too much going on near the render , and not enough going on the rest of the tag
good job tho
6/10

concerning gimp and ps
i tried both , they're pretty much the same i just got lost in gimp waaay more often
it's down to preference tho so it doesn't really matter which one you choose 
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Corr

Never have I seen people here CnC like they know what they're talking about.

Wheres ma mastarpiece?! ;O

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

NotAnon

Quote from: Corr on August 15, 2013, 04:44:24 PM
Never have I seen people here CnC like they know what they're talking about.

Wheres ma mastarpiece?! ;O

:( I've been unmasked. I still haven't done it. DONT HATE ME BB

@mo9: What can I say, I got colors down. Nothing else is down lol. Thanks for the Cnc.

Selene

Not my style but it's pretty good I would have to say. Without text would have been better in my opinion.

NotAnon

Quote from: Selene on August 17, 2013, 03:00:20 AM
Not my style but it's pretty good I would have to say. Without text would have been better in my opinion.

Yeah, I was thinking that after I uploaded it. To me with the txt it feels like some kind of Ad. haha

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-