June 16, 2024, 05:29:15 PMLatest Member: anjalisingh8
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Spam » DJ RK (not really). Give me a song to mix!

DJ RK (not really). Give me a song to mix!

Started by JustRK, October 15, 2013, 02:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iridion

Quote from: Cooky on October 15, 2013, 05:27:19 PM
Quote from: Yz on October 15, 2013, 04:53:35 PM
Quote from: Madprox on October 15, 2013, 04:51:41 PM
was ur mixing test supposed to sound good? or was it just meant to show us that u have a dj pad and can press buttons?

what the ****?

LOL

please guys apparently hes a much better "music producer" than everyone

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

antisickness

was ur mixing test supposed to sound good? or was it just meant to show us that u have a dj pad and can press buttons?

one recently made famous dj who's gotten quite popular uses one of these launch pads

madeon

Cooky

Quote from: Iridion on October 15, 2013, 06:06:35 PM
please guys apparently hes a much better "music producer" than everyone

DJ MAX

JustRK

Quote from: antisickness on October 15, 2013, 06:31:35 PM

one recently made famous dj who's gotten quite popular uses one of these launch pads

madeon

madeon and m4sonic are probably my (and most launchpad users') biggest inspirations  ;D

and seriously max lol. The technicality goes beyond pressing buttons, you have to create your own samples and a lot of great edm/dubstep music as well as instrumentals for hip hop have been made just by using this "dj pad" lol. So that's a pretty ignorant thing to say.

Yz

can't forget keeping rhythm, accuracy and flow with the mixing with the launchpads transitionsss
DISCORD killyzkill

Cooky

JustRK

Quote from: Cooky on October 15, 2013, 06:53:52 PM
Love this video  you should check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALAQc-aX1s
I've seen that before! it's really awesome! I'm going to take piano classes in college next semester and hopefully I'll be able to come up with better material when I can make my own piano riffs and samples.

Quote from: Yz on October 15, 2013, 06:48:52 PM
can't forget keeping rhythm, accuracy and flow with the mixing with the launchpads transitionsss

this is one of the rare instances where I didn't use a metronome because I was just free forming a demo.

but definitely well said, since I didn't learn how to play the piano when I was younger so multi-tasking both hands is still a challenge and I have to really think about it still.

So when are you going to grace us with your DJ skills again  ;D

Madprox

Quote from: JustRK on October 15, 2013, 06:45:34 PM
and seriously max lol. The technicality goes beyond pressing buttons, you have to create your own samples and a lot of great edm/dubstep music as well as instrumentals for hip hop have been made just by using this "dj pad" lol. So that's a pretty ignorant thing to say.
Oh i know, I didn't mean to insult you though, i was hoping for an answer or a new video or something..
the sound you made in that vid didn't sound good to me.
the only thing i liked was the ending 2 seconds, that sound was fun to end ur mixing with, but the whole other part sounded bad imo.

Again, i don't want to insult you, but i'm pretty sure u can do much better with the sounds you currently have set up on that pad.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Yz

i got banned from youtube for 6 months like 3-4 months ago RK so i havent been doin anythin for now. break :}
DISCORD killyzkill

JustRK

Quote from: Yz on October 15, 2013, 07:00:25 PM
i got banned from youtube for 6 months like 3-4 months ago RK so i havent been doin anythin for now. break :}

whaaaat, how did that happen  >:(

Quote from: Madprox on October 15, 2013, 06:57:14 PM
Oh i know, I didn't mean to insult you though, i was hoping for an answer or a new video or something..
the sound you made in that vid didn't sound good to me.
the only thing i liked was the ending 2 seconds, that sound was fun to end ur mixing with, but the whole other part sounded bad imo.

Again, i don't want to insult you, but i'm pretty sure u can do much better with the sounds you currently have set up on that pad.

Oh yeah, it was a pretty random filler. I was going to make a thread for the mash ups people had requested and hopefully it will sound better since I will use a metronome to keep the beats more fluid like tricky pointed out.  Also I will record the feed into the laptop and not record the audio using the camera because the reverb from my room makes the echo's crash.

sorry I misunderstood   :o

Cooky

Quote from: JustRK on October 15, 2013, 07:04:38 PM
whaaaat, how did that happen  >:(

for copyright issues and stuff (he uses other peoples music in his songs)

Yz

we all misunderstood tbh lol

and copyright issues got me banned as cook said, daft punk mix with like 15k views in a few days :/ removed n 6 month ban
DISCORD killyzkill

Selene

Madprox

Quote from: JustRK on October 15, 2013, 07:04:38 PM
sorry I misunderstood   :o
Good luck, I look forward to hearing more.

Let me try to explain better:

For me, you just captured different sounds, and pressed them pretty randomly in hopes of something good coming out, then ended the song with a pretty cool finish.

What i mean is, if you look at this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLo1AJ7mBfs, he actually tried to create a whole song, rather than just random noises.
He has somewhat of an intro, peaks, downs, idk proper dj terms, but i hope you understand what i try to say.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Yz

DISCORD killyzkill

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-