March 29, 2024, 10:40:38 AMLatest Member: podo6886
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Homeschooling

Homeschooling

Started by -PeaceLover-, November 14, 2013, 10:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-PeaceLover-

Hello, it me Peacelover, today I have a weird debate thread that might fail, might succeed, but I want to know if you agree or disagree on homeschooling. Let the best debater convince me. :D

medchiller

If that's what you would rather do then do it. As long as you're getting the knowledge you need. I don't think that parents should force homeschooling on a child because it can cause the child to become anti-social and could develop social issues later in life. As I said before as long as you have the choice. :)

Selene

Moved to Off-topic.

It's harder to make friends.

Roky

November 14, 2013, 10:05:50 PM #3 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:07:54 PM by Roky
I done homeschooling from years (school  years) end of 8- end of 10, I went to a school for the end to take my GCSE's at a school. It wasn't bad , but when you don't keep social contact during the time you can get antisocial, when you don't stay focused you'll fail.
Edit: My personal view on it: I think school is better as you need social contact as it might affect you in someway.

Purple

As long as you have friends already then ye go ahead

but if you moved or smth then I wouldn't suggest it.

^**** im special xd

-Speedy-

Quote from: Purple on November 14, 2013, 10:07:16 PM
As long as you have friends already then ye go ahead

but if you moved or smth then I wouldn't suggest it.
Yea i agree, I moved from Canada to USA and if i hadn't gone to school i would have had no friends or anything and it would have been bad.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Cooky

homeschooling is so rare because the role the parent has to play. its a full time job u don't get paid for. then there's the possibility of raising an anti-social child on top of that.

-PeaceLover-

lol same answer every time lol

-Speedy-

Quote from: -PeaceLover- on November 14, 2013, 10:54:29 PM
lol same answer every time lol
Do you plan on being home schooled?

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

hur9

i also had a debate about xbox and ps @ school rofl

people that do homeschooling probably think they are better cause they have their own teachers and full of their attention.
idk if that can help :P

Thornz

I been homeschooled all my life, and I feel that it's actually made me MORE social.  I was in charter/homeschool K-8 and then full on homeschooled through high school.  I've made plenty of friends through the charter school, and also through local music festivals, fairs, etc. I have plenty of friends that I hang out with regularly, just like any other kid.  Idk about full on homeschooling for K-8 though. I think the charter school really helped in the long run.

It really comes down to how well the parent does, and the child's attitude towards it. I've met some pretty antisocial kids, but the majority of homeschoolers that I meet are fun-loving and rather adventurous, especially since your schedule is a lot more open for trips and field trips, and other such activities. As long as you can nail down at least a few solid friends, it's a really great way to go....

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Roky

Quote from: Cooky on November 14, 2013, 10:31:28 PM
homeschooling is so rare because the role the parent has to play. its a full time job u don't get paid for. then there's the possibility of raising an anti-social child on top of that.
The parent doesn't teach when you home school unless they have the knowledge from their job(teacher), because they wont remember what they did in school so long ago unless they will learn the whole book.
Quote from: hur90 on November 15, 2013, 02:02:50 AM
i also had a debate about xbox and ps @ school rofl

people that do homeschooling probably think they are better cause they have their own teachers and full of their attention.
idk if that can help :P
Where did you get this from?

Cooky

Quote from: Roky on November 15, 2013, 06:05:20 AM
The parent doesn't teach when you home school unless they have the knowledge from their job(teacher), because they wont remember what they did in school so long ago unless they will learn the whole book.

don't know where you got that idea, but as far as I know that's just not true

the parent would purchase lesson plans, supplies, and agendas to teach to the child

obviously they don't just magically remember everything from their school days and teach that to their kids

Are you suggesting that home schooling is done by hiring a teacher to come to your house and teach your child? If so, where did you get that idea from? I've never heard of that and I can't imagine anyone doing that.

I did a lot of google research on 'how to homeschool' and never is it anywhere mentioned the act of someone else teaching your kids. Its the parent(s) that do it, and they don't have to be teachers.

Roky

Quote from: Cooky on November 15, 2013, 06:29:29 AM
Quote from: Roky on November 15, 2013, 06:05:20 AM

don't know where you got that idea, but as far as I know that's just not true

the parent would purchase lesson plans, supplies, and agendas to teach to the child

obviously they don't just magically remember everything from their school days and teach that to their kids

Are you suggesting that home schooling is done by hiring a teacher to come to your house and teach your child? If so, where did you get that idea from? I've never heard of that and I can't imagine anyone doing that.

I did a lot of google research on 'how to homeschool' and never is it anywhere mentioned the act of someone else teaching your kids. Its the parent(s) that do it, and they don't have to be teachers.

I was refering for it to be a full time job for a perant, I done home schooling before and yes they have to buy packs ect.

Materger

At the end of the day it all depends on the person, some people are pretty much just naturally antisocial, awkward or seen as plain old weird, with homeschooling or not. In my opinion I think home schooling could actually provide a better education for a child since many distractions are taken away, friends for one, are pretty distracting in school. I'm pretty sure someone has missed a lesson or two in school because they were too busy talking to their friends rather then listening to the teacher, of course that's not the case all the time, but I do honestly think more can be learned while being home schooled.The only thing I think would be different is the chances of becoming less social with homeschooling since you don't have that many people to interact with.

so basically i think kids who attend school have a higher chance of being social, but have a less of an education.
and kids who are home schooled will have more of an education , but have a higher chance of being antisocial.

all that being said it depends on the person for the most part

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-