April 27, 2024, 02:03:45 AMLatest Member: exclusively
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Homeschooling

Homeschooling

Started by -PeaceLover-, November 14, 2013, 10:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eat4two

November 15, 2013, 02:32:58 PM #15 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:06:25 PM by Eat4two
Both parts have their advantages (the post by mat) and disadvantages, so it depends upon the person. I'd say homeschooling requires a greater liability from the person and chance is more vague of having a fine connection with your teacher/s. Also about being prepared for lessons on every subject homeschooling means a more independently way of working by the student. Just by being in school and actually listen only to the main points the teacher is providing may be more informative than you think. Homeschooling is better adapted for a person who prefers to schedule their work in an independent way and somewhat reject convenient help from teachers. Not to mention the socialization issue, obviously there's a risk of getting a worsened competence of interacting with others, homeschoolers don't get as many opportunitys to socialize as they are working at home.
  Another disadvantage about homeschooling is that I (take me for example) wouldn't  feel the same pressure to be punctional, such as arrive in time for lessons, thus potentially mess up the balance of my daily rhythm and miss out events, and so on. At home you're most likely to be be connected to the internet too, social networks and more can be precisely as distracting as friends in school, which is a huge problem for some.

tl;dr homeschooling may be the better alternative for someone who's disciplined af and can take full responsibility themselves, of their work, socially and financially.

Assuming you have a task about this in school, and will take parts of the answers you agree with. :P

Iridion

imo things should be seen on different perspectives in younger ages, so im more for the normal school

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Jeffalo13

whole point of high school is friends

don't get homeschooled
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Bombz

homeschool is better but like really hard to make friends.  :'(

MedicaL

Regular school. Less likely to be anti-social & schools have resources that  homeschoolsmay not have.

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Jeffalo13

Quote from: nanak tatum on November 16, 2013, 03:28:51 AM
Quote from: Jeffalo13 on November 15, 2013, 07:47:29 PM
whole point of high school is friends

don't get homeschooled

Unless you already have friend then it really doesn't matter. High school is just easier for everything in general and resources etc though.

ok so maybe you have like 3 friends if you're homeschooled.  that's not a very large social group at all.  that's 3 friends.  you miss out on all the parties, all the females, all the sports events to get turnt up at.  those people spend literally 8 hours a day interacting with friends and socializing with tons of people while your parents teach you at home and that's it.

idk what the hell the second part of your statement says
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Scythe

homeschooling is bad, i met alot of homeschooled kids and they were rlly rlly wierd

school>homeschool
Don't think, feel

Allie

Quote from: Jeffalo13 on November 17, 2013, 02:05:50 AM
ok so maybe you have like 3 friends if you're homeschooled.

Come on, how many friends do you need.
I only hang out with one of my high school friends, okay maybe two, but mostly the one and his family.
Unless you're a socially needy person, you're not gonna have more than 3 "best" friends that you actually care about.

Iridion

Quote from: Allie on November 17, 2013, 12:52:53 PM

I only hang out with one of my high school friends, okay maybe two, but mostly the one and his family.
Unless you're a socially needy person, you're not gonna have more than 3 "best" friends that you actually care about.
antisocial allie is antisocial
you might not need dozens of best friends but surely interacting with only 3 persons besides family is not the best thing

thats how we roll maddie

Allie

Quote from: Iridion on November 17, 2013, 01:09:35 PM
you might not need dozens of best friends but surely interacting with only 3 persons besides family is not the best thing

Why not?
You're never going to consider 4+ people absolute "best" friends. If you just want people to hangout with who are barely considered your friends go ahead, but that's not necessary and thus does not make for an anti-social home-schooled person.

Cooky

you miss out on all the parties, all the females, all the sports events to get turnt up at.  

I went to high school and I still missed out on all that  

Iridion

Quote from: Iridion on November 17, 2013, 01:09:35 PM

by interacting i mean the usual school relationship (that could eventually turn out to be deeper, y not) where you dont have any deep interaction but is still a relationship with someone

i myself have maybe 7-8 close friends that i do something with outside of school often, and 3-4 best friends but i alòso have "friends" that i meet at school and do usual stuff; and im not very social either

you miss out on all the parties, all the females, all the sports events to get turnt up at.  
that a very american-ish way of summarizing high school social side  ::)

thats how we roll maddie

-PeaceLover-

yeah i agree with jeff cmon the girrrrls

Jeffalo13

yeah i have one friend that's like family to me, but that doesn't mean i don't want other friends.  different people have different personalities and depending who i want to hang out with i'll hang out with them.  i have baseball friends, video game friends, friends from smart classes, really close friends, friends that are just chill and cool, friends i talk sports, friends i argue philosophical/political shit
  I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-