April 26, 2024, 04:40:48 PMLatest Member: onefungi420
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » BASE vs RACE: WHAT'S A BETTER MODE (POLL)

BASE vs RACE: WHAT'S A BETTER MODE (POLL)

Started by 123bomb123, December 26, 2013, 08:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BASE vs RACE

Base
27 (79.4%)
Race
4 (11.8%)
SELENES UNIMPORTANT OPINION
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Iridion

Quote from: qolderman on December 27, 2013, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: Iridion on December 27, 2013, 07:33:57 AM
"race mode" is just a minigame that has barely something do do with the game itself, and takes almost no skills to play
Oh, you think you don't need skill for race? You DO need skill for race. If you never played race, then don't say like that.
bombz pls
>almost

also any amount of skill needed to play race would be maybe 1/20 of the skills needed to play base

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Bombz

Quote from: Iridion on December 27, 2013, 05:31:41 PM
Quote from: qolderman on December 27, 2013, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: Iridion on December 27, 2013, 07:33:57 AM
"race mode" is just a minigame that has barely something do do with the game itself, and takes almost no skills to play
Oh, you think you don't need skill for race? You DO need skill for race. If you never played race, then don't say like that.
bombz pls
>almost

ok

123bomb123

To race all you need to do is know the map and perfect where/when to jump. After a while it'll get boring and repetitive. In Base (Or PvP) the players on the other side have strategy and can change whenever they want. The mercs also add even more strategy and care into the game. If Race could have hitting it would be great but, honestly, how would that work? If a player, on the prototype map you drew, was allowed to hit another, he could easily push and the race wouldn't even be a race, but more so PvP.

When you play Base you can change your strategy anytime because it's Player vs. Player. Race on the other-hand is pretty much Player vs. Map because there is no fair way to allow hitting in the map. Obstacles will bring fun for like a week then when people realize how to maneuver and understand the map it'll get repetitive, like I said above.

Base with no improvements >>>>> Race "revamped"
Base with more improvements/new maps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Race "revamped"
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Cooky

123bomb123 u made some really great points and you may be right that base is a better mode then race ever will be.. but look at how unpopular it is

seems like all the things u listed that are great about base.. are things most people aren't interested in

they rather the simple things like button mashing

which is why, in my mind, a revamped race mode would be more popular then a base mode

Rossbach

December 27, 2013, 08:37:37 PM #35 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:41:56 PM by Rossbach
When you think about it though, t-bots removed BvB, even t-bots knew that BvB was reaching a dead end.  If t-bots removed it, then BC might as well remove it as-well, as you know, they make good decisions. ::)

Jokes aside, why remove BvB for race? There is already a functional race mode without needing to remove base mode. Plus if Race ever gets revamped, then it can go and get revamped, and remain the same on how you can access it. Now you may say "this topic says nothing about removing base." Despite this topic not saying anything about removing base, it in turn is affected by Cooky's post about replacing Base with Race. Plus that is where the majority of comments are acting towards. Stop comparing them and just have both.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Cooky

Bombz

Quote from: 123bomb123 on December 27, 2013, 08:26:46 PM
To race all you need to do is know the map and perfect where/when to jump. After a while it'll get boring and repetitive. In Base (Or PvP) the players on the other side have strategy and can change whenever they want. The mercs also add even more strategy and care into the game. If Race could have hitting it would be great but, honestly, how would that work? If a player, on the prototype map you drew, was allowed to hit another, he could easily push and the race wouldn't even be a race, but more so PvP.

When you play Base you can change your strategy anytime because it's Player vs. Player. Race on the other-hand is pretty much Player vs. Map because there is no fair way to allow hitting in the map. Obstacles will bring fun for like a week then when people realize how to maneuver and understand the map it'll get repetitive, like I said above.

Base with no improvements >>>>> Race "revamped"
Base with more improvements/new maps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Race "revamped"

i agree with you!!!

MedicaL

I liek baiz because mai king jc was thar.
Although he doesn't play nemoar, he iz still king in my heart. <3

Iridion

Quote from: Cooky on December 27, 2013, 08:36:45 PM
123bomb123 u made some really great points and you may be right that base is a better mode then race ever will be.. but look at how unpopular it is

seems like all the things u listed that are great about base.. are things most people aren't interested in

they rather the simple things like button mashing

which is why, in my mind, a revamped race mode would be more popular then a base mode

its not unpopular lol its played amd discussed way more lolllllllll

thats how we roll maddie

Cooky

Quote from: Iridion on December 28, 2013, 05:43:19 AM

just cus its more popular then race mode doesn't mean its popular LOOLLL

Iridion

Quote from: Cooky on December 28, 2013, 10:16:34 AM
Quote from: Iridion on December 28, 2013, 05:43:19 AM

just cus its more popular then race mode doesn't mean its popular LOOLLL

the thread is about base or race, not base alone LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

thats how we roll maddie

Cooky

both race and base mode are unpopular

arguing one is more popular then the other seems pointless to me

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Corr

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.