May 01, 2024, 08:58:13 PMLatest Member: MINI
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » GFX » Request for photography watermark

Request for photography watermark

Started by Thornz, August 04, 2014, 03:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornz

I have a friend that is setting  up to be a professional photographer, and he's looking for someone that knows how to make the watermarks that go on photos that you don't want people to steal online.

He'd like it to say "M.H. Photography". An image of a camera would be nice, but is not required. I might be willing to pay with gigas for it if it's really good...

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Cooky

if hes got time to devote himself to be a professional photographer, hes got time to look up basic tutorials.

Thornz

Quote from: Cooky on August 04, 2014, 05:02:23 AM
if hes got time to devote himself to be a professional photographer, hes got time to look up basic tutorials.

He's 18 and has no skill at graphic design lol

Not pants

Meteor

Any specifics on what he wants the watermark to look like would be nice.

(click to show/hide)

Thornz

August 04, 2014, 01:11:25 PM #4 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:24:09 PM by Thornz
Quote from: Meteor on August 04, 2014, 05:25:38 AM
Any specifics on what he wants the watermark to look like would be nice.

Idk what he wants tbh, kinda wanted to surprise him for his birthday.

Maybe smth like the watermarks on the first couple of photos on this site?
http://htmlgiant.com/web-hype/pay-for-soup-build-a-fort-set-it-on-fire/

Something a bit more elegant would be another option...
http://www.ewingcreative.com/memories-forever-photography-logowatermark-before-after/

He might like an elegant looking one better, but not sure if he's willing to abbreviate "M.H. Photography" to "MHP", as that would prolly be easier to work with for smth like that. Idk. I don't mind multiple options I guess, and I can see which he likes, lol.

Willing to pay upwards of 10m gigas if it's good

Not pants

Madprox

You'll want M.H. Photography, and not M.H.P. as a watermark.
+ surprising him isn't gonan work.

If he's serious about it, he won't take any watermark to use profesionally on all his work.
He'll want and look for one that he wants, not one that you will want to surprise him with.

+ He can't create a watermark, but he wants to be a professional photographer?
How's he going to edit all the pictures taken?

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

FalseProphet

The guys just trying to do something nice for his friend ease up lol. Sure, his friend will be grateful if he uses it or not. Everyone starts somewhere if this is a mistake in his career path/road because he doesn't know how to do it then well so be it. We learn from our mistakes.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Thornz

Quote from: Madprox on August 04, 2014, 01:42:44 PM
You'll want M.H. Photography, and not M.H.P. as a watermark.
+ surprising him isn't gonan work.

If he's serious about it, he won't take any watermark to use profesionally on all his work.
He'll want and look for one that he wants, not one that you will want to surprise him with.

+ He can't create a watermark, but he wants to be a professional photographer?
How's he going to edit all the pictures taken?

Tbh he's prolly just lazy. Lol. He's great at editing photos, but not so great at coming up with an idea for a graphic and starting from scratch. I'm guessing he wants to be a photographer because he thinks it's the easiest thing to do for a living since he's already pretty good at it, and has a very nice camera.

It might just be a phase that he's going through idk, but I don't really understand why you staff ppl (besides Met) are going off-topic in my thread, lmao. It was a simple request for a watermark, who cares if you think he should have enough skill to make it himself, lol. He's the kinda guy that'll be happy with whatever he gets, since he doesn't want to go to the effort of figuring it out for himself.

Besides, he's still in High School. Not like he's very professional yet. He can always upgrade to a better watermark/one he makes himself later...

Not pants

Cooky

a friend of mine uses a simple water mark that just has his name and link to his website in white text but slightly transparent. its simple but formal enough and does the job while also advertising the website where u can find all his photos. i would recommend something like that.

Thornz

Quote from: Cooky on August 05, 2014, 01:20:20 AM
a friend of mine uses a simple water mark that just has his name and link to his website in white text but slightly transparent. its simple but formal enough and does the job while also advertising the website where u can find all his photos. i would recommend something like that.

He already has a very simple watermark that has a copyright symbol and the initials M. H. P. S. (MH Photography Studio)

Problem is there are much better options that would look more professional and he's not very skilled at making anything fancier than that...

Not pants

Meteor

Something like so?
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Cooky

Thornz

Fantastic, thank you so much. Would you like gigas or just pro bono? Lol