April 16, 2024, 09:48:17 PMLatest Member: Murraydah
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Tips and Guides » MedChill's BoutCheetah Texture FIle to Name List

MedChill's BoutCheetah Texture FIle to Name List

Started by medchiller, August 28, 2014, 03:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

medchiller

List Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z5Iu7JCo__MCbxp7gSamZHpT6cDqpxq-v1AZwsKi_Ww/pubhtml

What is it: So for the past few days I have been working on a project to help the community out with a problem that I have encountered many times in the time I've been playing BoutCheetah. The problem is when you're looking through all the model files while modding and can't (or it takes very long) to find the file you're looking for. So what I decided to do was make essentially a database that corresponds the model file names to their in-game/known names. Now I didn't have the software, time or money to be using some fancy dancy programs so I just used Google sheets.

How to use it: For this to be effective it has to be readily available and easy to use. Hopefully this will do both.

Step 1: Follow the link below in the spoiler or at the top of the page.

Step 2: Chose the category in which your texture would fall under.
(click to show/hide)

Step 3: Use the search function in your browser. For most it will be Ctrl+F.
(click to show/hide)

Step 4: Click on the search box and type the name of the desired texture. Ex. If I'm looking for the Liger texture I would type in the box "Liger" or "LigerHead" (Don't type the "s). Be mind full that all the coin heads (including LigerHead) are specific to their bot type so you have to make sure you're in the correct category.
(click to show/hide)

Step 5: Once you have found the correct texture you are looking for look to the left of it's name. There will be its file name.
(click to show/hide)

Step 6: Copy/remember the file name and open your Zylon Gaming folder.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Step 7: Type into the search bar the file name that you previously got and press enter. (Mine was az_750)
(click to show/hide)

Step 8: There will usually be multiple files so you'll have to pick the correct one. The way (easiest) is to see the file extensions and the one you're looking for will be a .ba0 or .oa0 extension. This is the file you are wanting to edit, it will also usually be the first file in the file search but its not guaranteed.
(click to show/hide)

Step 9: Mod away!

Things to note:
-In my list there will be brackets with words inside them, those signify something important or different about them make sure to pay close attention.

-(base blue) and (base red) signify the texture will be used when you're on the blue/red team in base or PvP.

-Some names, textures or letters may be wrong, out of place or might not make sense. If you come across anything of this sort please notify my via PM. There are bound to be mistakes in it when more than half of it was done after midnight.

-This is not a tutorial for modding it is only for the benefit of players who already know the basis of modding. (basically don't blame me if you mess something up)

-The letters UU stand for Unused/Unknown or both. They are usually put there if the texture isn't being used in-game and doesn't have anything to distinguish it by so I just left it at that.

-Items that were in the shop were named properly and I won't be making adjustments to those, just look the item up in the shop.

-Some textures don't have names (or ones known by me) so I gave them names hopping they could be guessed.

-As mentioned before coin heads correspond to a certain bot type so make sure you're looking in the right category for a head.

Objective and History:

Objective
(click to show/hide)

History
(click to show/hide)

Btw if anyone has a better title than the current one please PM me it, this one kinda sucks :P

Cooky

FalseProphet

holy pac-man. Must of taken some time, we appreciate the time/effort you put into this. Very nice!
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Thornz

Now I know what you were eluding to on skype :3

Very nice work!

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

-Speedy-

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

JustRK

well we spoke beforehand, but I'm glad you were able to share this  ;D great initiative indeed.

the old modding guide is a little old, this makes me want to make a voice over video tutorial of how to mod using photoshop or something (x

hawk5005

optisum1

Finelly, someone finished the work  ::)
Awesome Med  ;D

Cheapest Coins Shop!

| Bot: Patch | Level: 270 | Guild: Sympathy |
| Sympathy - Silence - Utopia Veteran |

Iridion

Can you link this in my modding guide pls would be very useful

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

medchiller

Iridion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

anaroy50

IGN : PT Roy(270)/PT Royster(262)
Guild : Prestige/Legion

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-