April 27, 2024, 10:37:42 AMLatest Member: fsglgsll
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » Player Sponsored Events » Max needs YOUR help!

Max needs YOUR help!

Started by Madprox, October 12, 2014, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madprox

Haiiii,

I wanna know what kind of events you all would like to see in the future.
What do you want to see come towards you all, what wouldn't you want to see happen.

I want to bring the community closer together, and do many more things, but to do so, I need you all to tell me what's missing or what's around plenty.

Do you want lobby events?
Sector? PvP? Base? Forums maybe?

What kind of prizes would you like to win?
Should there only be 1 prize? or also for rank 2 & 3?
Should there be a big pot of prizes, first to win, first to pick?

If you reply, you can say anything you want, but stay on topic, and please go in detail as much as possible.
I'll try to make up some great ideas (hopefully) from everything that gets posted here.

This isn't a rushed thing, so you can reply tomorrow, next week or next month..
I'll keep reading this thread.

Thanks up front, and I hope this can work out great in the near future and that you all appreciate the effort, because effort it will take.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

FalseProphet

I think the events should be fair to all players, and should try work around most timezones also. The prizes should just be one big prize, and 2, 3rd personally.

lobby events i dislike due to spam, Sector i'd say yes maybe a box/part accumulation event, most quickest time solo-ing a level?, PvP would only class as a fair playing field if there was set restrictions and level depending on the person playing, example get names random generator or tub of names to pick who plays who. Tbh, if someone loses because someone has/had more experience it's fair at the end of the day.

BvB, perhaps team events, most merc kills(without pushing).

Prizes like gigas, would help out a minority so i say no. It'd be best for items and find a item which is demanded by majority of the community to use as a prize, coins i think aren't as much as a good prize so try not to involve them if you can unless the winner requests it instead.

"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Madprox

Quote from: FalseProphet on October 12, 2014, 09:24:53 PM
I think the events should be fair to all players, and should try work around most timezones also. The prizes should just be one big prize, and 2, 3rd personally.

lobby events i dislike due to spam, Sector i'd say yes maybe a box/part accumulation event, most quickest time solo-ing a level?, PvP would only class as a fair playing field if there was set restrictions and level depending on the person playing, example get names random generator or tub of names to pick who plays who. Tbh, if someone loses because someone has/had more experience it's fair at the end of the day.

BvB, perhaps team events, most merc kills(without pushing).

Prizes like gigas, would help out a minority so i say no. It'd be best for items and find a item which is demanded by majority of the community to use as a prize, coins i think aren't as much as a good prize so try not to involve them if you can unless the winner requests it instead.

Thanks, you already made some really interesting points..
I like the 2 sector events you thought of.

Cooky

lobby events can be good like trivia for example but they need to have good rules or it turns into spam fest

timed events can be good however this restricts things as lots of people cant make the scheduled time

my favorite event is one thats ongoing, that you dont plan for you just have at random times whenever you feel like it

this not only means all players have a chance to participate in these events, but it rewards the most activate players because by chance they will most often be online when the events take place

for prizes, you need to not only award the 1st place player but also others. it doesnt necessarily have to be 2nd and 3rd.

my favorite way to do prizes is a continuous points system that rewards players for not only winning but for their activity.

keep track of points as standings, this gives people motivation to do good in your events, or to participate more

offer larger prizes for more points, etc  and be sure to give out participation awards occasionally if you notice players who are constantly at your events but never seem to win

have some sort of random prize thats given out, so even people who dont show up much or dont win much know that they have a chance to win something

encourage good sportsmanship and dont be slow to ban people from your events who just come to troll or cause trouble

these are some tips i just thought of, maybe ill add more later

goodluck

Madprox

Quote from: Cooky on October 12, 2014, 10:01:32 PM
goodluck
Thanks Cooky
(i read everything but i'm too tired to reply, sry :p
I'll take it all into account, so thanks for your time)

STC Zero

October 13, 2014, 10:13:29 PM #5 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:37:40 AM by Madprox
It will be possible to be an ANNIVERSARY OF BC!! EVENT it will be very great for all users and it will be for remember when was created BC and the prizes can be a items like a 2 or 3 years ago of the others events and new some rares and a grand prize like a super rare item only in sector and a log in daily reward like this
(click to show/hide)

it will be great an event of the Anniversary of BC!!  :D

Madprox

Quote from: policia2 on October 13, 2014, 10:13:29 PM
It will be possible to be an ANNIVERSARY OF BC!! EVENT it will be very great for all users and it will be for remember when was created BC and the prizes can be a items like a 2 or 3 years ago of the others events and new some rares and a grand prize like a super rare item only in sector and a log in daily reward like this
(click to show/hide)

it will be great an event of the Anniversary of BC!!  :D
I can't do that as a personal sponsored event :/
But you can suggest it for a global event maybe?

Madprox

Quote from: nanak tatum on October 14, 2014, 03:11:42 AM
I would like to see some BvB events or PvP subclass things (like elimination mode etc since that stuff is not played that often)
PvP Elimintaion games..
I can do that.. and than make that a weekly event, and maybe have like semi/quarter-finals, and then monthly finals?
Something like that?

For the weekly events we could have small participation prizes (for everyone), and the monthly finals could give a bigger reward?
So that both events, weekly & monthly, are worth showing up for?

Cooky

all this talk about events has me feeling anxious to start doing some like old times  :o

anaroy50

well why not?
more events > more prizes > more fun > more players! :D
more events will do the game a little bit more intresting.

IGN : PT Roy(270)/PT Royster(262)
Guild : Prestige/Legion

Madprox

Quote from: Cooky on October 14, 2014, 11:17:17 AM
all this talk about events has me feeling anxious to start doing some like old times  :o
You're free to hold your own events, but don't start doing it again because I am..
Do it because you want to give something to the community.
And i'd appreciate it if you wouldn't post about your own personal events on this thread, as this thread was meant to collect ideas for my future events.

Cooky

thanks i wanted to make sure it was ok with you

Madprox

Quote from: Cooky on October 14, 2014, 04:46:10 PM
thanks i wanted to make sure it was ok with you
Could've really PM'd me that :p
But yeah, who am I to say that you can or can not host your own events?
You've done some before, and you've done some of them reaaaally good.
So why not?

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-