April 24, 2024, 05:27:03 AMLatest Member: bluemagi
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » Hardcore story mode

Hardcore story mode

Started by Thornz, January 25, 2015, 09:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornz

January 25, 2015, 09:45:12 PM Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:54:27 PM by Thornz
Story mode with a twist: your hp doesn't go back to 100% at the start of each new map, it stays at what it was after killing boss of the previous map. And if you die, you lose and have start over from the beginning. The reward for completing the entire story mode would be a huge exp reward that would be comparable to if you had done a bunch of 258 in the same amount of time (make it a bit less tho). Make exp checkpoints as well, so you get a set amount of exp if you die after passing certain levels, but make beating the entire story substantially more rewarding.

It would be so fun to play all the old maps, and this would be a way to encourage ppl to do it...

Also do some sort of similar exp rewarding system for normal story mode :3

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

FalseProphet

As an addition the bots wouldn't be level 1 they would be like a 258 mob's sort of damage/health through the whole story so it wasn't just cake for first half :P +1
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Cooky

story mode definitely needs a revamp

i like both ideas. i think that instead of rewarding exp, it should be an item for beating the whole thing

since the people beating it are most likely going to be max exp anyway

trashburmy

Quote from: Thornz on January 25, 2015, 09:45:12 PM
Story mode with a twist: your hp doesn't go back to 100% at the start of each new map, it stays at what it was after killing boss of the previous map. And if you die, you lose and have start over from the beginning. The reward for completing the entire story mode would be a huge exp reward that would be comparable to if you had done a bunch of 258 in the same amount of time (make it a bit less tho). Make exp checkpoints as well, so you get a set amount of exp if you die after passing certain levels, but make beating the entire story substantially more rewarding.

It would be so fun to play all the old maps, and this would be a way to encourage ppl to do it...

Also do some sort of similar exp rewarding system for normal story mode :3

+1 Great idea!

Madprox

You literally can not complete all the maps with only 1 full hp bar and not die.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

FalseProphet

Quote from: Madprox on January 26, 2015, 12:39:51 AM
You literally can not complete all the maps with only 1 full hp bar and not die.

That's why there would be checkpoints part way through :P and it is possible, just need to be careful and clever with your moves.

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Cooky

it sound so fun  :D  with checkpoints

Madprox

Quote from: FalseProphet on January 26, 2015, 12:42:36 AM

That's why there would be checkpoints part way through :P and it is possible, just need to be careful and clever with your moves.
The only thing is, it's not.
+ He said if you die you have to restart all over.
He means checkpoints for set amount of exp rewards, not to continue the game from there on.

e.g. checkpoint at map 10 - 50k exp
meaning if u die at map 11, you'll get 50k exp, and restart at map 1.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

hur9

+1 if it comes that the room master gets a 1 use rb, might be too much work to code, but would be fun.

FalseProphet

Quote from: Madprox on January 26, 2015, 12:51:32 AM

He means checkpoints for set amount of exp rewards, not to continue the game from there on.

I know what he said i was suggesting as an adaptation after you mentioned :P. I didn't mean to relate to the post but can see why you did.

Thornz

January 26, 2015, 01:11:50 AM #10 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:16:03 AM by Thornz
Quote from: Madprox on January 26, 2015, 12:51:32 AM

That was partially my intention max, it would be fun to see how far you could get on 1 bar of hp. I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to beat the entire story, that's why there would be checkpoints so you would still get enough exp to make it worth it. Or if that's too hard to code, at least keep the perm death idea, but 1 bar of hp woulda be rly fun. Plus if normal story mode was revamped to be worth playing, hardcore story would be to test your skill for a chance at better rewards.

And @cooky I was thinking that about the item as well but I thought it might get abused by hackers :P  maybe an untradeable item, so it wouldn't ruin economy? That would be kinda cool...

@Prophet, I like the idea of making all the mobs have high lvl stats, that would be a good addition

Not pants

Cooky

1 bar of hp  would make everyone camp with counter  probly  :P

Thornz

Quote from: Cooky on January 26, 2015, 01:17:57 AM
1 bar of hp  would make everyone camp with counter  probly  :P

There's still map timers, so w/e they wanna do to survive haha

Not pants

qolderman

IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Corr

Let players use a certain amount of HP packs every 5 levels, HP packs that only give 1/4 your total HP? Item thing for a boss sounds good, make it non tradeable or whatever, 100% chance of dropping, one time event. Give it a name, nice looking shield or some shit like that.

These kind of events need to happen more often, in sector/pvp/bvb. Certain restrictions apply n crap.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-