May 23, 2024, 09:45:26 PMLatest Member: Ckilagotub
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Bots. the other server.

Bots. the other server.

Started by karman10, January 26, 2015, 02:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karman10

Hi, I was wondering why the other server of BOTS aint has free coins aswell, RB and HP pots dropped from mobs, and support of FIXED stuff like counter raising to 100 games, and stuff that should be like here.
as a player that likes lvlin in the other server i find it offensive we have so much low benefits.

Yz

Because it was designed as an exact replica as the original BOTS by Acclaim. Passive skills back then only had 25/35 games (forgot which) and everything else.  We wanted the game to be completely similar to the original.
DISCORD killyzkill

karman10

January 26, 2015, 02:56:39 PM #2 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:59:21 PM by karman10
Quote from: Yz on January 26, 2015, 02:48:15 PM
Because it was designed as an exact replica as the original BOTS by Acclaim. Passive skills back then only had 25/35 games (forgot which) and everything else.  We wanted the game to be completely similar to the original.

Thanks for the reply but first thing its not like the original BECAUSE mobs dont drop hp and rb's.
second, doing the same as the original is AMAZING because i love how it was, BUT !! doing free COINS like this server will bring BIG BIG AMOUNT of players because it is fair we will get atleast this benefit like this server does. so please, give it a though, its annoying that the players that do like lvlin hard, wont get amazing stuff like special trans, wings, flags, for free.
I am saying all of that because i do care bout this game and i can bring tons of people , its important for me and everyone who wanna come back to play bots, in the original server. the prob was always the coins.

Yz

Quote from: karman10 on January 26, 2015, 02:56:39 PM
Because it was designed as an exact replica as the original BOTS by Acclaim. Passive skills back then only had 25/35 games (forgot which) and everything else.  We wanted the game to be completely similar to the original.

Thanks for the reply but first thing its not like the original BECAUSE mobs dont drop hp and rb's.
second, doing the same as the original is AMAZING because i love how it was, BUT !! doing free COINS like this server will bring BIG BIG AMOUNT of players because it is fair we will get atleast this benefit like this server does. so please, give it a though, its annoying that the players that do like lvlin hard, wont get amazing stuff like special trans, wings, flags, for free.
I am saying all of that because i do care bout this game and i can bring tons of people , its important for me and everyone who wanna come back to play bots, in the original server. the prob was always the coins.

About the HPs/RBs I wasn't aware of that, I think they were added in a later update than what we're basing our server off of or it could have been harder to code or something. I'll find out about that for ya.

As for the coins - people have a huge mixed opinion about that. Some people liked full rooms of coinless players because they looked vintage, others liked playing the 'skilled way' which was coinless. It also maintains general balance in PvP and it'll mean that you either have to get good at Sector or play with friends. Who knows, there could be a change on coins in the future, but for now it was implemented that way with a reason. At least it costs half as much as original Bots coins.

But I get what you're saying and personally I'd like another look at our Bots server to add some of the quality of life stuff that we have here.
DISCORD killyzkill

karman10

Quote from: Yz on January 26, 2015, 03:04:19 PM
Quote from: karman10 on January 26, 2015, 02:56:39 PM

About the HPs/RBs I wasn't aware of that, I think they were added in a later update than what we're basing our server off of or it could have been harder to code or something. I'll find out about that for ya.

As for the coins - people have a huge mixed opinion about that. Some people liked full rooms of coinless players because they looked vintage, others liked playing the 'skilled way' which was coinless. It also maintains general balance in PvP and it'll mean that you either have to get good at Sector or play with friends. Who knows, there could be a change on coins in the future, but for now it was implemented that way with a reason. At least it costs half as much as original Bots coins.

But I get what you're saying and personally I'd like another look at our Bots server to add some of the quality of life stuff that we have here.

Wauw thanks for the great reply, I am aware ure doing the best u can .
As for the coins - it is a sensetive matter, as u can tell the other server aint flowing members, it has like 15 online all day. I get to know every player who is online, we talk to each other, we like the hard lvling and the experience, and not even one guy told me he hates it when we have free coins, infact, it is an important matter for us all. and I can guarante ill bring tons and tons of members if we will get this benefit, and if u think im wrong, just make a vote in forums, I guarante noone will vote no for the idea of the free coins. Please, give it a though, its important, I wanna keep playing and enjoy. thanks for ur time.

Yz

Thanks for the messages - also really great to hear that you all get to know each other and play together, that's pretty inspiring. Just PM me here if you have any other suggestions or requests.
DISCORD killyzkill

FalseProphet

:) I hope you don't mind me putting my 2-cents. But in the original bots, wasn't the only way to get coins from buying them through their website? I like to keep it the same way. I personally find that if we was to reward free coins for completing sector or the sorts then it might end up like how bc is with coins right now it used to be at a 100k - 10m ratio now it's down to 100k - 3m because of the decrease in gigas and high rate of coins. It's nice to be able to join a room and see people with coin items like oh wow, he has coin items that's cool or how that when someone joins it's like oh he may be able to help us better with his coin gear rather than seeing people everyday wearing coin items like it's nothing new or hard to get :P. Was it that server if you got gold bars you could sell for coins? Or am i thinking of something i shouldn't be talking about? I just get confused so easily at times lol, and haven't played the original in a while.

But i agree with you, if the playerbase was higher i'd enjoy playing it more i was speaking to a guy the other day in-game he said he'd even enjoy playing low server on b/c the only thing stopping him is 1. The amount of people playing and that there really isn't any, and it's hard to just find people to join and have room, and 2. The amount of locked, password, guildonly rooms so you can barely join anyone to play with.

I just find also the other server isn't as promoted as what this is, but it could just be because i don't visit the other website as much as i do this, so my opinion could be quite biased since i don't spend much time there.

But never the less, nice being able to find someone who enjoys the game and actually put's in the time to think of these things.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

redslayers

Instead of winning coins from matches, you should atleast include barrels that drop coin items or be able to win coins from events. Also not having HP and RB drops makes the game so much less fun as all you can do is either hit the monsters off the edge, or buy counter and use that on every virus. I used to play the original bots owned by acclaim and as far as i can remember, they had the barrels, the recharges, transups, hps, rebirths and later on that level 108 equipment. This is a lesser version of the original bots, probably why theres only 14 people online whenever i log in, would be nice for this game to be updated more often than boutcheetah or even a similar amount as from hearing peoples opinions, the only reason people play boutcheetah is to look good at high levels with good equipment, rather than having fun playing in teams.

redslayers

QuoteWas it that server if you got gold bars you could sell for coins?

Yeah you got that from base vs base, was a neat way of farming gigas with a friend hahahaha

Yz

Quote from: redslayers on January 26, 2015, 03:34:00 PM
Instead of winning coins from matches, you should atleast include barrels that drop coin items or be able to win coins from events. Also not having HP and RB drops makes the game so much less fun as all you can do is either hit the monsters off the edge, or buy counter and use that on every virus. I used to play the original bots owned by acclaim and as far as i can remember, they had the barrels, the recharges, transups, hps, rebirths and later on that level 108 equipment. This is a lesser version of the original bots, probably why theres only 14 people online whenever i log in, would be nice for this game to be updated more often than boutcheetah or even a similar amount as from hearing peoples opinions, the only reason people play boutcheetah is to look good at high levels with good equipment, rather than having fun playing in teams.

Just to be clear, the original Bots never capped past level 100. Barrels were added very late to the game (I believe its last update ever actually) and I'll look into adding the recharges/HPs/temp. coin drops probably.
DISCORD killyzkill

karman10

Quote from: redslayers on January 26, 2015, 03:34:00 PM

<< This. whole server there wants it, I my self promise ill bring more than 15 people not including the rest who will join.
Coins is a huge addition to the game, with special trans, wings, flags, and so on.  unfourtuantely thats the only thing that will revive the server. please. do it for us :)

redslayers

You can keep the level at 100, just saying that from what i remember the 'original bots' was like. All im asking is to add the HP, RB, Transup and Recharge drops to the viruses (maybe some of them electrical cage things), add some barrels that have a chance of dropping coin items and maybe include events like boutcheetah(which has a new event every 10 minutes). When i first joined this remake of bots, a level 55 and i think 32 came and joined my room. Im not lying, we did sector level 8 and we lost due to them both running out of health. How do you expect a level 8 to complete the level 8 sector if a level 55 cant?

Yz

Not to sound rude, but that level 55 must have been very, very bad or laggy. Also BoutCheetah is having its first event in almost a year.
DISCORD killyzkill

redslayers

The level 55, in my opinion, was acting like the level was easy and wasnt playing like he normally would, however even if he was messing around, he could have come back to the HP if there ever was one and continued to mess about. He did level 60 fine as well, although there are them floating spiders that drop health and other items. Im only making a judgement from the homepage of boutcheetah where it talks about halloween being a major event thing or something, i only started playin boutcheetah today tbh (and im level 139 i think lol). I hope you do look into the barrels dropping a day - 7 day coin items as well as the hps, rbs, transups and recharges being dropped by the viruses:) i assure more people will stop by and stay rather than leaving

Yz

I'm surprised it wasn't already like that, so yeah I'll definitely give it a check.
DISCORD killyzkill

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-