April 19, 2024, 02:19:26 AMLatest Member: WayneE5479
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » ReSkin of the rt3 set for patch.

ReSkin of the rt3 set for patch.

Started by Godz, July 27, 2015, 01:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see that mod implanted?

Yes
No

Meteor

Quote from: Bluepatchx on July 27, 2015, 04:00:15 PM
Its the screenshot; the texture is as tidy as you can get it on photoshop. Its not as simple as "making it a different colour". You're welcome to try make it tidy.
Weell to be quite frank from what I see you made the whole thing black, recolored some parts to red and some to white and added a few glow (brush?) effects here and there.
Aside from the GFX standpoint I'd say it kills off the concept for the RT3 sets. They were each given a specific color (red, purple, green) for a reason. Having it black would make no sense whatsoever.

That's my take on it, you can give it out to people that want to use it, idc.

(click to show/hide)

Bluepatchx

July 27, 2015, 09:33:40 PM #31 Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:15:03 AM by Bluepatchx
Quote from: Meteor on July 27, 2015, 08:13:24 PM
Quote from: Bluepatchx on July 27, 2015, 04:00:15 PM
Its the screenshot; the texture is as tidy as you can get it on photoshop. Its not as simple as "making it a different colour". You're welcome to try make it tidy.
Weell to be quite frank from what I see you made the whole thing black, recolored some parts to red and some to white and added a few glow (brush?) effects here and there.
Aside from the GFX standpoint I'd say it kills off the concept for the RT3 sets. They were each given a specific color (red, purple, green) for a reason. Having it black would make no sense whatsoever.

That's my take on it, you can give it out to people that want to use it, idc.

I changed the colour on request of someone. I saw that the initial one was just de-saturated, so I offered to make this version. And you're correct: I de-saturated it. Also played with contrasts to emphasize edges/vertices,  added glow-points to whites, then red to the Reds. And for all it's worth, I do think it's still not as simple as "making it a different colour". Have to plan where you do it, layer the colours, set up the layer types, understand how the texture actually wraps around the model, etc.  .The intention wasn't to re-make the design, but to give it a new lick of paint.  I do not believe my method is something that impacted the tidiness to the point of a negative judgement -  You can see in the raw that it isn't actually blurry like in the screenshot. :)

I make models for a living, and sometimes all our textures need is a simple air brushing. However, to be blunt but honest, even if green had a meaning, it didn't have the essence or the strong vibe the Ram set had. For example the Ram set brought out a unique perspective/dimension. Also, Feeling somewhat 'royal' and quite frankly different to almost anything else BC has, elements such as the maroon (red) and gold complement each other nicely. The shape is clearly highlighted and it really feels like a piece of intricate armour. Very much detailed and showcase-like. I particularly enjoyed how it was almost 'gilded' with gold. The patch set on the other hand was at most three shades of green (or green + cyan). It felt like someone painted it green, then chose some parts to work as a highlight colour. It  felt as if it had the depth for detail was not the primary focus, unlike what  the ram set presented. Nonetheless,I am confident  this would be  largely due to the lack of contrast (between Green + cyan) when compared to Red and Gold. I fiddled with the contrast on the raw too, it actually looks nicer with it. Even with the green scheme. Anyways, these are personal opinions on the Patch set.

As for the reason, well I might have missed the memo, but I don't see the connection . Maybe if it were Red,Green,Blue, (RGB), then sure. But its specified as purple by you, so idk.
But its alright, like I said earlier: this was made on request of someone and isn't my idea or original design.

Re-posting the raws as reference for this post.
(click to show/hide)

Edit: [This part is a little out there, don't take this too seriously]
I'm more than happy also to give the black justification:
(click to show/hide)
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

Cooky

July 28, 2015, 02:30:21 AM #32 Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:29:09 AM by hur9
nice post i enjoyed reading it ^

santa paid money for the current mods so i dont think hes going to just switch it out for a fan made one though. but at least people can download it for themselves

Edit: nvm i forgot baggie bought it not santa

Bluepatchx

Quote from: Cooky on July 28, 2015, 03:19:11 AM
nvm i forgot baggie bought it not santa

^ I started questioning about that after you last post haha :P
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-