April 25, 2024, 08:56:45 AMLatest Member: theSKY
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » history of bots?

history of bots?

Started by plasmodium, September 15, 2015, 04:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasmodium

I been wondering a lot of times , about how the ppl who created bots acclaim , how they made the idea to make that game with those 3 bot types , those items/item names etc.. Anyone knows? :P

z0co2

I don't think anyone would know such a thing except the developers who created it themselves.
I googled it and you pretty much only find information about the company itself and just basic stuff about the game.

Such as  ::)
BOTS!! - A multiplayer online fighting game in which players choose from one of three basic BOTS (Patch, Surge, and Ram) and then upgrade their character throughout the game. There are multiplayer story modes that include Sector (Player vs Virus), PVP (Player/Team vs Player/Team) and Base (Base vs Base). This game has been out since April 2006. Before the game's original release, a 2D promo of the game was available for a short amount of time.

Allie

First off, BOTS was created by N-Log, not acclaim.
Second, it was just game design. I don't particularly believe there was a reason behind the decisions that they made beyond that they thought it'd make the game fun.

What we can say, however, is that most of the names we're used to weren't the original names they had in development. I believe there was a different name for most things, including bot types between development, BOUT, and BOTS.

JustRK

Quote from: Allie on September 16, 2015, 01:17:18 AM
Second, it was just game design. I don't particularly believe there was a reason behind the decisions that they made beyond that they thought it'd make the game fun.

Actually NLOG (New Leader Of Game for those who didn't know) previously before creating BOUT had co-licensed a Bubble Shooter game in Korea which was their most popular game. They also had several other projects.

The purpose of BOUT was to be a cute / adorable children's game and many of the names / designs  paid tribute to their previous work in order to build loyalty and then to later allow those loyal gamers to use different more powerful transformations. Acclaim just messed everything up by putting their american twist on it. I found all this info on korean naver sites and it was really hard to translate :P

Here are some pretty cool original photo's of the BOUT 2004 concept for PC / Xbox.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Yz

i remember those being leaked in 09 and people went absolutely ape shit
DISCORD killyzkill

z0co2

Quote from: JustRK on September 16, 2015, 04:08:15 AM

Actually NLOG (New Leader Of Game for those who didn't know) previously before creating BOUT had co-licensed a Bubble Shooter game in Korea which was their most popular game. They also had several other projects.

The purpose of BOUT was to be a cute / adorable children's game and many of the names / designs  paid tribute to their previous work in order to build loyalty and then to later allow those loyal gamers to use different more powerful transformations. Acclaim just messed everything up by putting their american twist on it. I found all this info on korean naver sites and it was really hard to translate :P

Here are some pretty cool original photo's of the BOUT 2004 concept for PC / Xbox.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Those pictures look really cool, didn't knew there was such a history behind the game!  :o

plasmodium

Quote from: JustRK on September 16, 2015, 04:08:15 AM

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Oo,didn't knowed they even made it for xbox ,such a nice information you found!

Cooky

Quote from: z0co2 on September 16, 2015, 12:38:08 PM
Those pictures look really cool, didn't knew there was such a history behind the game!  :o

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-