May 17, 2024, 05:17:58 PMLatest Member: SiinFu
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » GFX » For Davey (Light)

For Davey (Light)

Started by Optimism, July 07, 2011, 05:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoS

July 08, 2011, 04:43:26 PM #30 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:44:23 PM by NoS
Not surprised you'd try to pull that one out.

For someone who talks so much about pulling depth and flow, your implementations of them haven't been good.
take the breath we breathe for granted

handle with care.

zepher2211

Changed your dimensions, sigs like that remind me of fat people.
Powersurge
Headstrong

Optimism

July 08, 2011, 04:49:11 PM #32 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:53:27 PM by Optimism
Quote from: NoS on July 08, 2011, 04:43:26 PM
Not surprised you'd try to pull that one out.

For someone who talks so much about pulling depth and flow, your implementations of them haven't been good.

So you agree opinions vary, with regard to aesthetic sense then? :P

Flow and depth are somewhat objective and remain external of "aesthetic perception"; i.e., your current signature lacks both flow with regard to render flow lines and depth [self-explanatory]. In addition to this, I deem it aesthetically sub-par >.>.

Both depth/flow can be objectively analyzed if one is educated in what to look for. The second, aesthetics, is always personal preference >.>. For example, you could have amazing depth/flow, but I may still consider the signature ugly ;p.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

NoS

You know what I feel is the problem. You seem too pretentious.

handle with care.

zomniethe4

tell me y that is so true

Zom

Optimism

July 08, 2011, 05:13:00 PM #35 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:14:49 PM by Optimism
Quote from: NoS on July 08, 2011, 05:08:20 PM
You know what I feel is the problem. You seem too pretentious.

Opinions vary, I suppose. If someone asks for a CnC, I'll try to analyze it without jumping to the conclusion that its ugly, i.e., looking for benchmark tools to gauge flow/depth. Also, if the focal has been preserved; other techniques to improve the sig (smudging for instance [maybe give some smudge settings for GIMP]), etc. Apologies for my expectations being higher for yourself, given your extensive history in the GFX community. If you find my corrective statements, pretentious, I can only say you've made an assumption of character and that this is not my intention.
- Opti -
- Retired -

NoS

Read what you've just said and you'll see why I say so.

I have a history. That's exactly it. History. How often do you see me churning something out now.

handle with care.

Optimism

July 08, 2011, 05:18:43 PM #37 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:19:11 PM by Optimism
Quote from: NoS on July 08, 2011, 05:17:14 PM
Read what you've just said and you'll see why I say so.

I have a history. That's exactly it. History. How often do you see me churning something out now.

Then give some fairer/more appropriate analysis, and you won't find myself "correcting" you.

You have no one to blame but yourself for my "pretentious nature".
- Opti -
- Retired -

zomniethe4

Zom

NoS

Have you considered how little of what you've got there lines up with itself?
Colors are all over the spectrum; needlessly so, the background looks like some messy flux, with a spam of mess of C4Ds accounting for your blending. The text isn't 'blended', it's just intrusive.
Looking at this, if you're going to ask me, is like looking at a car that was built from several different cars and then plastered with multicolor decals.

handle with care.

Optimism

July 08, 2011, 05:29:31 PM #40 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:30:04 PM by Optimism
Quote from: NoS on July 08, 2011, 05:28:29 PM
Have you considered how little of what you've got there lines up with itself?
Colors are all over the spectrum; needlessly so, the background looks like some messy flux, with a spam of mess of C4Ds accounting for your blending. The text isn't 'blended', it's just intrusive.
Looking at this, if you're going to ask me, is like looking at a car that was built from several different cars and then plastered with multicolor decals.

This is what I expect from you.

I knew it'd be a risky tag. I wanted to try it :P.
- Opti -
- Retired -

NoS

wonder who pulled this out

handle with care.

Optimism

July 08, 2011, 05:52:39 PM #42 Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:54:03 PM by Optimism
Quote from: NoS on July 08, 2011, 05:33:40 PM
wonder who pulled this out

Donno but its bad >.>. LQ resources.
- Opti -
- Retired -

NoS

Well, it's what you seem to be doing. And nothing was wrong with those resources.

handle with care.

Allie

i think miku is secretly homosexual
does anyone else think so too?

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-