April 27, 2024, 09:07:18 PMLatest Member: fsglgsll
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Evolution

Evolution

Started by Allie, September 19, 2010, 08:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

Xrow

September 19, 2010, 08:22:21 PM #1 Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:29:17 PM by Xrow
@ Allie

Quote from: Allie on September 19, 2010, 07:53:59 PM
Why don't we have wings?
Can you tell me why humans need wings to survive?
Planes are a luxury, not a need.

So,
Evolution is the ability to alter yourself in such a way so as to gain what you need to survive.

Quote from: Allie on September 19, 2010, 08:13:06 PM
People were able to fish before fishing poles.
A pole is a luxury, not a need.

Why do we have them then?
They are not a need, therefore they should not exist.

@ Opti:

Describe "evolution" in your own words please.

Allie

Humans like luxuries.
The border between luxury and necessity is apparently fuzzy.

Xrow

September 19, 2010, 08:30:37 PM #3 Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:32:50 PM by Xrow
Quote from: Allie on September 19, 2010, 08:24:14 PM
Humans like luxuries.
The border between luxury and necessity is apparently fuzzy.

Although they do like them and the line is fuzzy, they are not necessary to survive.
So, why did we "evolve" them, or the ability and knowledge to make them?

Styx

Evolution is not real. It's a myth.

Jonathan

Evolution is real. Various animals evolved in order to better adapt to their habitats. What would you call the changes that took places to them then?

Live the life you want. Don't let others control you.

Xrow

Quote from: Jonathan on September 19, 2010, 08:37:49 PM
Evolution is real. Various animals evolved in order to better adapt to their habitats. What would you call the changes that took places to them then?

No changes took place.

Styx

Quote from: Jonathan on September 19, 2010, 08:37:49 PM
Meh, I would go on, but can't be bothered D;. Gotta study.

Xrow

Can't tell if you're kidding or not.
And I'd ask you to prove that changes did actually take place... But I already know you can't. Lol.

If you ask me to prove they didn't, my answer:
I can't.
The only evidence that they didn't is that there are no half-"evolved" species, and there are 0 beneficial mutations. If there were beneficial mutations, there is virtually no chance that that mutation would get passed on to the mutated being's offspring, resulting in the loss of that single beneficial mutation.

:|..

Styx

GavinGill

Quote from: Xrow on September 19, 2010, 08:22:21 PM
Why do we have them then?
They are not a need, therefore they should not exist.
Human's have learned to make tools that make their lives easier. That's why we have them.

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Mihax

September 19, 2010, 08:53:15 PM #13 Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:55:41 PM by Mihax
Quote from: Xrow on September 19, 2010, 08:46:43 PM
Can't tell if you're kidding or not.
And I'd ask you to prove that changes did actually take place... But I already know you can't. Lol.

If you ask me to prove they didn't, my answer:
I can't.
The only evidence that they didn't is that there are no half-"evolved" species, and there are 0 beneficial mutations. If there were beneficial mutations, there is virtually no chance that that mutation would get passed on to the mutated being's offspring, resulting in the loss of that single beneficial mutation.

:|..

Heh, already shared my opinion about this subject.
"People will believe in whatever they consider right to believe. No matter how hard you guys try to prove your point, it won't help and surely won't change the other persons' opinion." Which is why I won't bother debating this. Will go endless, until someone gets bored of talking nonsense.

I pretty much agree that it can barely be proven, one way or another. The question is, why are you bothering with this if you can't prove it? What would be the point? Convincing others while you can't prove it yourself? lolol.

Edit: Gavin wins.

Jonathan

Explain Darwin's visit to the Galapagos Islands' then.

Live the life you want. Don't let others control you.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-