June 29, 2024, 07:46:01 PMLatest Member: Smisuamb
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Spam » I cant wait until SOPA or PIPA or w/e they call it now passes

I cant wait until SOPA or PIPA or w/e they call it now passes

Started by Santa, January 18, 2012, 02:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshi91

Allie

It is so being overdone..
SOPA will be basically the same as the DMCA in most cases however a force shutdown.
It'll mean youtube is shutdown, megavideo, etc, but things like BC won't.
Private servers of existing games that actually are going somewhere might.
Expo won't be going. Nor will Enigmata. Under the DMCA we could've been sued already. Did we? No.

It won't be the end of the internet. It'll be the end of most communities on the internet, possibly making it return to its original state (the internet was created for research and learning purposes only).

--I will let it be known that I am an extreme anti-SOPA person. However you're all overexaggerating SOPA's power. I've followed it since early December.

Corr

Quote from: Toast on January 18, 2012, 09:16:09 PM
if google is going to be shutdown, how the fk will i find information on school work. D:
It's called a library.

ZeaL - Rank 1 Hax, just because
I do it for the lulz.

Allie

Google won't get shutdown.
SOPA supports search engines.
Google plus might get shutdown. But google itself won't.

zepher2211

Quote from: Allie on January 18, 2012, 09:31:14 PM
Google won't get shutdown.
SOPA supports search engines.
Google plus might get shutdown. But google itself won't.

1/2 of all google's services can harbor piracy, that means that at least a part of google's services could be shutdown, having instant and easy communication is what makes the internet what it is today, without it we're just a bunch of loners o-o. I hope the piece of shit bill gets struck down and rewritten to actually make sense

@Kenny: You seriously think congress wouldn't care about complaints from the biggest internet giants, and most of the U.S population, whether they actually know anything about it or not
Powersurge
Headstrong

Toast

Quote from: Corr on January 18, 2012, 09:28:43 PM
Quote from: Toast on January 18, 2012, 09:16:09 PM
if google is going to be shutdown, how the fk will i find information on school work. D:
It's called a library.

a what???
jk.

Our school library sucks. And the public library, my library card is somewhere... :o

oprototype

Quote from: Allie on January 18, 2012, 09:28:04 PM
It is so being overdone..
SOPA will be basically the same as the DMCA in most cases however a force shutdown.
It'll mean youtube is shutdown, megavideo, etc, but things like BC won't.
Private servers of existing games that actually are going somewhere might.
Expo won't be going. Nor will Enigmata. Under the DMCA we could've been sued already. Did we? No.

It won't be the end of the internet. It'll be the end of most communities on the internet, possibly making it return to its original state (the internet was created for research and learning purposes only).

--I will let it be known that I am an extreme anti-SOPA person. However you're all overexaggerating SOPA's power. I've followed it since early December.
So what are the chances of websites like facebook and myspace etc getting shut down if SOPA passes?

Iridion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Iridion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Rossbach

Omnomnom eating toast.

kaos555

Personally I don't care, If we lose socializing in the internet, I can get back to my normal life easier.
If it doesn't then I get to talk to happy people online.
Yep.

The path is open.

Allie

SOPA was claimed to be redrafted today. The announcement came from Lamar Smith himself.
It's probly a lie, but whatever.

mo9

from what i understand is SOPA can shutdown a site if a user on it posted something which is copyrighted
if that's the case then technically they can shut down anything without any trouble ...
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-