March 28, 2024, 01:41:12 PMLatest Member: Danch
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Fitness Challange

Fitness Challange

Started by mo9, August 23, 2012, 03:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yz

Dumbbells are for beginners, IMO. Sure they are necessary but as u said firey pullups are what counts for arms and such, there are way better things to do than curl...
DISCORD killyzkill

Scythe

Don't think, feel

Yz

It's just what /fit/, myself and some bodybuilders I know think.
(go with what we say because we are better)
DISCORD killyzkill

Dewo

Quote from: Yz on August 24, 2012, 07:49:18 AM
Every bodybuilder on /fit/ and ones I know in real life don't use dumbbells and say they are for ***s.

10 Pushups is worth 50 dumbbell reps, I'm just sayin'...
Not completely true, when when you do pushups you lift your own weight. That's actually one of the reasons bodybuilders don't do pushups, because of their massive weight and big arms. Though, it will only work some parts of your body: chest and triceps. Dumbbells however can be used to more than just chest and triceps. By using dumbbells you can choose the weight you wanna work with compared to pushups.

X

loewe98

Quote from: Yz on August 24, 2012, 08:03:02 AM
Dumbbells are for beginners, IMO. Sure they are necessary but as u said firey pullups are what counts for arms and such, there are way better things to do than curl...

Dumbbells are for beginners that's true , but my mate is an ex bodybuilder and hes stil using them so , and me to they're good for building muscles , pullups are good to  i do both off them .To warm up i do 3 repeats off 12 pull ups and than i start whit the big weights ^^ .

antisickness

Everyone who said so stupid amounts of pushups / lifting everyday (like 60wtf) take no notice from. Your muscles tear when doing these things and need time to regenerate (bigger) so yeah you can do all you like but 1) you will wear your self out in a day 2) you wont manage the next day to do 10 and 3) it's utterly pointless and lowers self esteem. When you wake up tomorrow, if your arms/ anything else hurts don't do more for your own good.

Btw have you quit yet mo?  ;D

Yz

Quote from: antisickness on August 24, 2012, 09:16:02 AM
Everyone who said so stupid amounts of pushups / lifting everyday (like 60wtf) take no notice from. Your muscles tear when doing these things and need time to regenerate (bigger) so yeah you can do all you like but 1) you will wear your self out in a day 2) you wont manage the next day to do 10 and 3) it's utterly pointless and lowers self esteem. When you wake up tomorrow, if your arms/ anything else hurts don't do more for your own good.

It's meant to hurt. Then you rest 1 day and pick it up again - at least that's one method.
DISCORD killyzkill

antisickness

Quote from: Yz on August 24, 2012, 09:19:56 AM

It's meant to hurt. Then you rest 1 day and pick it up again - at least that's one method.

Yeah thats what i mean. Cept it later in the process it might be longer than a day maybe two or three.
And theres a difference between 'no pain no gain' and being stupid. Everyone has a limit

Scythe

Didn't say he should do that much from start,increase it bit by bit
and resting even a day makes you more tired and exhausts your muscles
Don't think, feel

mo9

August 24, 2012, 03:51:37 PM #54 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:53:12 PM by mo9
havn't quit yet , but i'm thinking of doing cardio before i go to school like waay early in the morning
and maybe if i have time later i'll add something to my daily routine
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Pokeh

Quote from: Yz on August 24, 2012, 07:49:18 AM
Every bodybuilder on /fit/ and ones I know in real life don't use dumbbells and say they are for ***s.

10 Pushups is worth 50 dumbbell reps, I'm just sayin'...

Edit; wow just read people telling you to do situps. You do situps and I honestly hope you kill yourself, don't put yourself through that shit. 300 Situps is basically a 10 second Plank (the one where you lift your legs up a bit and hold them with your torso)

Protein shakes are only good for building fat, not for maintaining health whatsoever - well maybe a little bit if you lack protein. Just stick to cardio and water if you don't have time, srs.

k well firstly mo's a beginner. Use dumbells, you probably can't do push/situps properly at first since we all start off weak.

+ with dumbells, you can just buy a small range from the store and lift at home. aand you dont need to buy expensive machines since you can workout pretty much every muscle in your body. it's super helpful imho. new lifter or experienced.

all i have is a treadmill and a set of dumbells, and i was up all night lifting till 7 am where i snoozed off and woke up at 2 like 30 minutes ago. felt amazingg

and protein shakes are the shit. just, you know, you won't be able to shit for days if you have too much. Buy some 100% whey (at least 25g per scoop, pure whey unflavoured so you can put it in anything.) and put like 1-2 scoops into a smoothie before or after your workout. mo's a skinny *** too so to even get some results you should bulk up a bit on protein.

/fit/'s tl;dr on lifting is simply lift 8-10 reps of max weights you can do, eat healthy, and get some protein in your diet.

oh ya and cardio's important. just as important as lifting. don't forget it, even if your a skinny ***.

Yz

LOL DO WHAT POKE SAYS CUZ HIS PIC IS FUNNY XD
DISCORD killyzkill

Pokeh

123bomb123

basketball better den lifting.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

loewe98

Quote from: Yz on August 25, 2012, 04:30:37 AM
LOL DO WHAT POKE SAYS CUZ HIS PIC IS FUNNY XD

Right , and eat mutch stuff whit mutch proteine or eat insects like that guy does on Survival lawl ;d it has mutch protein to :D !

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-