June 16, 2024, 10:39:14 PMLatest Member: JosephMaibe
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Where do you/ where do you want to work?

Where do you/ where do you want to work?

Started by ultranoob123, November 06, 2013, 06:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultranoob123

Title says it all, if you do work what do you do, and if not what do you want to do? :)

Personally I know I want a job that is computer based, I've been exploring my options for about 2 years having attempted to learn basic coding and binary etc. Networking and possibly GFX although I doubt it seeing as I'm not very artistic.

How about yourselves?
Slaughterking/Slaughterlord

toast <3

paranoia

EGK!

Cooky

over the last year and a half I have worked for 3 different cleaning companies, one at an airport, a shopping mall, and now an office building

starting to get real sick of it, as I am finding every place I go the people (mainly the ones in charge) are absolute idiots

my dream job is to work aboard a shipping vessel and get to travel the world

paranoia

Quote from: Cooky on November 06, 2013, 06:22:05 PM
over the last year and a half I have worked for 3 different cleaning companies, one at an airport, a shopping mall, and now an office building

starting to get real sick of it, as I am finding every place I go the people (mainly the ones in charge) are absolute idiots

Umm nice seems forfilling. You can do that now you know?
EGK!

ultranoob123

Quote from: Cooky on November 06, 2013, 06:22:05 PM

Being at sea is absolutely fantastic my friend, in my opinion there is nothing better than a few weeks at sea it's one of the most beautiful things you can ever see particularly a nice sunset.

toast <3

Cooky

Quote from: paranoia on November 06, 2013, 06:23:44 PM

Nah you cant, you gotta go to maritime school for years to get licenses and it costs a fortune too

main reason I went to college was cause I got accepted to local maritime university but I needed to get a trigonometry credit first, failing college pretty much derailed me

paranoia

Quote from: Cooky on November 06, 2013, 06:26:50 PM
Quote from: paranoia on November 06, 2013, 06:23:44 PM

Nah you cant, you gotta go to maritime school for years to get licenses and it costs a fortune too

main reason I went to college was cause I got accepted to local maritime university but I needed to get a trigonometry credit first, failing college pretty much derailed me
I said you can do it now you know. Did you understand what I mean't. You still have enough time to do it because your young ::)
EGK!

Xx Itz Ian

Quote from: ultranoob123 on November 06, 2013, 06:00:52 PM
Attempted to learn basic coding and binary etc. Networking and possibly GFX although I doubt it seeing as I'm not very artistic.

Lol kinda like my story, I started with gfx, enjoyed doing it however i did not feel like it was something i wanted to have as my job. It's something i do to kill time and i like to keep it as an hobby not my job. Started coding, enjoyed it a lot and now i am studying GameDeveloping.

Also got into modelling which i also learn in my study and i tried animations but thats just to hard for me and i can't bother learning it x)
League of Legends:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ianv
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=smurf+leblanc
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=qqdz

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Xx ItZ Ian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Meteor

Graphic design. I guess you could say I've had my fair share of doing it over here but I look to get into it more seriously in the future and actually find a place where I can do it for a living.

(click to show/hide)

Allie

coding/game development is every nerd gamers dream.
it's nothing like you want it to be, and even if you begin to scratch the surface, it isn't until you actually have to code that it becomes horrible. absolutely, absolutely horrible.

id suggest, if your dream job is game development (primarily because you like games), to focus on something like storyline development. It's highly unlikely you'll get the job, but if you do, you won't hate it. coding sucks.
Other fields, such as modelling, database administrator, etc are also slightly better. At least you can get creative with modelling though.

Networking..oh god, take it from a network administrator for 3 years, it's a ton, ton worse than you hope it is. Maybe you like that stuff, I thought I did too. It doesn't get much funner than crawling under tables and stuff ziptying every wire together, or programming the router/switches. It pays high for a reason, its..its horrible man.

but hey, do what you want. if you dont like it, move on to something else. just keep your options open.

ultranoob123

Quote from: Allie on November 06, 2013, 07:20:20 PM
coding/game development is every nerd gamers dream.
it's nothing like you want it to be, and even if you begin to scratch the surface, it isn't until you actually have to code that it becomes horrible. absolutely, absolutely horrible.

id suggest, if your dream job is game development (primarily because you like games), to focus on something like storyline development. It's highly unlikely you'll get the job, but if you do, you won't hate it. coding sucks.
Other fields, such as modelling, database administrator, etc are also slightly better. At least you can get creative with modelling though.

Networking..oh god, take it from a network administrator for 3 years, it's a ton, ton worse than you hope it is. Maybe you like that stuff, I thought I did too. It doesn't get much funner than crawling under tables and stuff ziptying every wire together, or programming the router/switches. It pays high for a reason, its..its horrible man.

but hey, do what you want. if you dont like it, move on to something else. just keep your options open.

:P I got interested in networking from my dad who was an assistant manager at citigroup in London for about 10 years, but his team did networking so he pretty much knows it inside out :) But I can understand why you'd say it's boring D:

toast <3

Allie

It's important to know networking though, dont get me wrong. I don't even use flash drives anymore, I transfer stuff through network sharing. It has a lot of common uses.

Madprox

I currently work as an orderpicker, but i would LOVE to have a job similar as the job i do for Zylon Gaming.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

qolderman

my job is to study... and i don't know who i want to be in the future ;>
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

droid zylon1

I do machine work. I run milling machines lathe's grinders CNC machines bench drills polishers and more. Its quite fun and interest me. I am going to school to be an engineer ( makes blueprints and programs machines and manages metal for big companies). Not to boast or brag but i can get anything i need down to size by a thousandth ( 1 thousandths of an inch). That pretty good. and one day i hope to be tool and dye (the best machinist). Tool and Dye is so good they make airplane parts and get the metal (parts) they wont down to size by a tenth of a thousandth.
     My dad has been doing this for years and as i grew up i went to work with him and it really made me enjoy it. My dad is the head figure of my life and spending time with him and doing what he does for a living makes it all worth it. As a little kid i always looked up to him and now that im old enough to have a job he got me a job working with him while also going to school, I have been working at the machine shop he works at for 2 years now. Where i work we do hydraulics and cylinders and pumps. Anything of that sort. Many of the people playing this game likes design and graphics and coding.  I also like doing this and i do it in my spare time.
     So... the reasoning of my career being a machinist is based upon me and my dads relationship and sharing something we both love, doing machine work. I am pretty good at mathematics and it makes the job a whole lot easier for me.
     It all boils down too what i have grown up around. My mom and dad has been separated for 9 years and i've been with my dad ever since. I see my mom on the weekends but since me and my dad spend time much time together and with me being a young man and living with my dad we have grown a tight bond together. He is someone who has always been there and always taught me anything i wont to know that he knows.
     Another hobby me and my dad has in common is building motors (race car motors, imports, hot rods, go kart motors, racing go kart motors, four wheeler motors and more).

Thanks for reading guys,
Ethan (G5 , PoKa)

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-