April 28, 2024, 11:57:22 AMLatest Member: gginn1541
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » religion

religion

Started by Iridion, March 31, 2014, 02:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

I didn't have that conversation with you, must be thinking of someone else. I believe fitness is important, in moderation.

I don't hold conversations over religion. I am partially agnostic, partially atheist, in that I believe if there's something responsible for us being here, they gave up on us long ago, or straight up refuse to aid or interfere. The proof is around you, I don't and you shouldn't buy any "gods will" bullshit. I don't debate it because I simply believe those who have faith are only lying to themselves, and if those who live by it are idiots.

I don't argue with people on a topic I think you're an idiot on. Not that there's anything wrong with anyone religious outside of that subject, most of the time.

medchiller

Religion is something that I try to distance my self from and will most likely distance any children I may have. There is proof that the Big bang happened to an extent but for god I cannot come to terms with any. I believe that you should live life the way in which you would like not in some pre-made template from long ago.

I have no problem with others having religions as that would go against what I said before about living life the way you want, if that's by a  template then be my guest.

Although if someone tries to push religion on me that's when I start to dislike religion as they are trying to change the way I live and how I think.

Do what makes you happy.

Pokeh

Quote from: Allie on March 31, 2014, 09:09:46 PM
I don't argue with people on a topic I think you're an idiot on. Not that there's anything wrong with anyone religious outside of that subject, most of the time.
Don't you think generalizing every religious person seems a bit like what religious people do to everyone else?

fair enough i guess

edit: people hold to theories a whole lot too. it doesn't seem scientific (ironically) to put so much faith in to theories like evolution and the big bang theory. 99% of the scientific community follow the same morals for a reason, expect their outcomes to be biased. (Not saying they can't be true, or that they sound more logical than "god did it", just think logically about)

daluzman123

I'm Christian.

I believe in God, and Jesus.

I don't believe in Churches, nor Priests or most of what the Bible says.

Priests are disgusting pieces of trash that most if not ALL of them have some sort of "fetish" towards little boys.

Churches are money hungry whore-houses.

The bible isn't 100% original, it's like a broken telephone and is ALWAYS changing.

LightRequiem

March 31, 2014, 09:57:56 PM #19 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:35:19 PM by LightRequiem
Quote from: daluzman123 on March 31, 2014, 09:24:50 PM
Priests are disgusting pieces of trash that most if not ALL of them have some sort of "fetish" towards little boys.
What? That isn't inherently true in any way, shape, or form. There are some priests that are pedophiles, but a vast majority of them are not bad people.

Most churches are actually not very greedy. Sure, maybe the mega churches that require you to pay a tithe are greedy; however, the reality is that most churches get just enough money to get by. They have to pay rent and other utilities. That stuff doesn't pay for itself.

Quote from: daluzman123 on March 31, 2014, 09:24:50 PMALWAYS changing.
What? The Bible itself doesn't change. The reason why the Bible might seem like it's changing is because different people have different interpretations. Yes, the fact that people cherry pick from the Bible and try to use these out-of-context examples in politics is a bad thing. However, any book will have a number of different meanings to different people.

Quote from: zomniethe4 on March 31, 2014, 06:23:03 PM
religion is useless
Maybe to you it is. It is to me, too. However, that does not mean that religion is useless to other people. Some people need to believe in something to make their lives worthwhile. Some people need a source that gives them rules to live by. That's just how they are. People are different; it's that simple. Even though these people need a book to live their life in a moral way may seem foolish to you, it does not detract from them being good people.

Quote from: Pokeh on March 31, 2014, 09:22:26 PM
people hold to theories a whole lot too. it doesn't seem scientific (ironically) to put so much faith in to theories like evolution and the big bang theory
The word theory is used in a different context within the scientific community. A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of the natural world that can be represented with a model. These theories are more-or-less fact (at least to our knowledge as of now) since countless experiments are executed in order to test the viability and reliability of the model. If the model is proven inaccurate, the model is modified to explain an additional set of criteria, or the model is scrapped for a new one.

Quote from: Allie on March 31, 2014, 09:09:46 PM
I simply believe those who have faith are only lying to themselves, and if those who live by it are idiots.
Some of the most intelligent people I know live by the Christian doctrine. Let's just say that my friend I have in mind has a 2250 SAT score, has never gotten below an A, is involved in several programs, and is doing research at a top university. That's  really unfair discrimination because you're judging people on something that proves little about their intelligence instead of judging them on their accomplishments.

Keep in mind that I am agnostic.

tincan

What i'm wondering is who or what created the particles to make the big bang happen? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
TinyBot aka TinyPatch

123bomb123

Glad LightRequiem still posts :)

IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

tincan

I'm Christian.

The bible isn't 100% original, it's like a broken telephone and is ALWAYS changing.
Churches are money hungry whore houses?
lol.
If you went to small churches you would see that the people are the church.
Without people, it's not church.
So please stop posting these comments when you've probably never gone to a church in your life.
TinyBot aka TinyPatch

daluzman123

Quote from: tincan on April 01, 2014, 12:46:33 AM
I'm Christian.

Churches are money hungry whore houses?
lol.
If you went to small churches you would see that the people are the church.
Without people, it's not church.
So please stop posting these comments when you've probably never gone to a church in your life.
\

LOL.

> Went to confirmation
>Did communions
>All SMALL churches.
>went to massive churches
>All handed out pans for "money donations"

I speak from experience, I highly doubt people who speak of churches or priest actually know what goes on behind the scenes.

-Speedy-

I need to see it to believe most thing about religion to be able to believe that type of stuff, that's just my personality. I think that there is probably a higher power but not like a true "god", if that makes sense.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Yz

Quote from: daluzman123 on April 01, 2014, 01:03:56 AM> Went to confirmation
>Did communions
>All SMALL churches.

You see that shit on TV you didn't even need to tell us.. and how about replying to LightReq as well rather than Tiny who was siding with Req but said his part a little more dumbed down? Or was that all you were able to reply too?
DISCORD killyzkill

daluzman123

Quote from: Yz on April 01, 2014, 01:48:29 AM
>Did communions
>All SMALL churches.

You see that **** on TV you didn't even need to tell us.. and how about replying to LightReq as well rather than Tiny who was siding with Req but said his part a little more dumbed down? Or was that all you were able to reply too?

There's just so much to quote, then to erase and stuff, It's a lot of work, I'll quote him and fix it on it;

But; most of what he stated is more opinion then anything, just like what I've stated, so there's really no point in replying to anyone.

Also; You won't see all that exploited Church & Priest shit on T.V, you gotta know someone or be deep within that garbage life. Most people who THINK they know shit about Churches & Priests are most likely on the wrong side of the road.

Yz

Nah to clarfiy I only meant that TV shows churches use the handout pan. That's pretty common tbh.
DISCORD killyzkill

daluzman123

Quote from: Yz on April 01, 2014, 02:05:54 AM
Nah to clarfiy I only meant that TV shows churches use the handout pan. That's pretty common tbh.

It'd be nice if people can elaborate on what they're trying to explain, I'm not a psychic I can't guess LOL.

Yz

April 01, 2014, 02:40:09 AM #29 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:42:15 AM by Yz
What else would I have possibly referred too when I said we see it on TV?

Quote from: Yz on April 01, 2014, 01:48:29 AM
>Did communions
>All SMALL churches.

You see that **** on TV you didn't even need to tell us.. and how about replying to LightReq as well rather than Tiny who was siding with Req but said his part a little more dumbed down? Or was that all you were able to reply too?

From that quote, I just don't see what else you could have gotten from my post or how I could have made it simpler. That's actually hilarious that you tried to take a jab at me but made yourself look so retarded without me having to do anything.

"Churches ask for hand out money"
"We know we see it on TV"
you still find a way to misunderstand. 8TH WONDER OF THE WORLD EL O EL
DISCORD killyzkill

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-