April 27, 2024, 11:30:48 AMLatest Member: fsglgsll
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Pray for Paris

Pray for Paris

Started by plasmodium, November 14, 2015, 06:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasmodium

KillerPig

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Purple

^**** im special xd

Vobck

Yz

Quote from: Mario666 on November 14, 2015, 09:14:28 PM
Quote from: KillerPig on November 14, 2015, 09:13:12 PM
cringe

Quote from: Purple on November 14, 2015, 10:05:25 PM
Why cringe

Probably because, while sympathetic and sad that humanity is the way it is, I'd rather 'mourn/grieve/pray' privately, some people dislike public displays n all that jazz  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DISCORD killyzkill

Purple

Quote from: Yz on November 14, 2015, 10:46:12 PM
Quote from: Mario666 on November 14, 2015, 09:14:28 PM
Quote from: KillerPig on November 14, 2015, 09:13:12 PM
cringe

Quote from: Purple on November 14, 2015, 10:05:25 PM
Why cringe

Probably because, while sympathetic and sad that humanity is the way it is, I'd rather 'mourn/grieve/pray' privately, some people dislike public displays n all that jazz  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I get that, just felt like saying cringe was a bit disrespectful considering the events that took place. I suppose I felt as though they should've just not posted, as posting 'cringe', and even worse just quoting what someone else has posted, makes it seem like they don't care about the situation.

just me tho

^**** im special xd

Mario666

My opinion is that we don't need Twitter hashtags and 1000s of pictures to show sympathy when something horrible has happened.

I feel like, as sad as it is, things like that just feed peoples wish to be trendy, and let people take advantage of an opportunity to publicly display themselves as kind and sympathetic. They say the people affected "are in their hearts and prayers" when they really only end up in their tweets, statuses, and Instagram posts, only to be forgotten about a week later.

I posted the quote of "cringe" in response to "plasmodium posting a thread on Pray for Paris," not to what happened in Paris.

Purple

Quote from: Mario666 on November 15, 2015, 12:35:10 AM
My opinion is that we don't need Twitter hashtags and 1000s of pictures to show sympathy when something horrible has happened.

I feel like, as sad as it is, things like that just feed peoples wish to be trendy, and let people take advantage of an opportunity to publicly display themselves as kind and sympathetic. They say the people affected "are in their hearts and prayers" when they really only end up in their tweets, statuses, and Instagram posts, only to be forgotten about a week later.

I posted the quote of "cringe" in response to "plasmodium posting a thread on Pray for Paris," not to what happened in Paris.

Completely understand where you're coming from.

^**** im special xd

Cooky

why  pray for paris

u really think religion will make it better

religion is what caused the attacks

religion makes the world a scary place and people using religion to try and make it better

thats why i think its stupid

how about donate for paris

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation

Bluepatchx

November 15, 2015, 11:24:10 AM #10 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:38:07 AM by Bluepatchx
Quote from: Cooky on November 15, 2015, 11:08:11 AM
religion is what caused the attacks

Lets not confuse the actions by a group of extremists, who happen to be "Muslim" and use "Islam" as an excuse to kill, as justification that religion triggered this tragic event. Every religion will have their extremists, and as the Christian Crusades did in the 12th to 14th century, the claim that they've killed someone in the name of their religion and God is a false validation of their actions. To that extent, it wasn't their religion that drove them to commit these actions; it was their affiliations and conscious choice to use the weapon.

To blame a religion for the murder of hundreds of people is simply unfair. No prominent religion in the world promotes the use of violence. People promote and commit the violence. People who want control (i.e. Churches stemming out of the Dark Ages), and unfortunately we have yet to fully make a break-away from this concept of preaching in religious conversations and buildings.

(click to show/hide)
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

Cooky

I'm a strong believer that the actions of a few does not define an entire religion. Its pretty much common sense. If muslim terrorists bomb Paris it doesn't mean all muslim are terrorists. But just cause not everybody who believes in that religion does end up committing terrorists attacks doesn't mean the few who made this attack didn't do it for religious motives. They shouted allahu akbar as they committed the attacks. Thats Islamic for 'god is the greatest'.  So yeah while it sounds nice to sit there and say it was only a few bad eggs and religion isn't to blame -  just a few using religious motives to do bad things is still worth blaming religion for in the same way people blame guns for the times when someone shoots up a school. You can disagree, thats fine. Its certainly a controversial issue. But to call my argument 'unfair' is just plain ignorant.

z0co2

November 15, 2015, 03:56:37 PM #12 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:01:40 PM by z0co2
Quote from: Cooky on November 15, 2015, 03:32:17 PM
I'm a strong believer that the actions of a few does not define an entire religion. Its pretty much common sense. If muslim terrorists bomb Paris it doesn't mean all muslim are terrorists. But just cause not everybody who believes in that religion does end up committing terrorists attacks doesn't mean the few who made this attack didn't do it for religious motives. They shouted allahu akbar as they committed the attacks. Thats Islamic for 'god is the greatest'.  So yeah while it sounds nice to sit there and say it was only a few bad eggs and religion isn't to blame -  just a few using religious motives to do bad things is still worth blaming religion for in the same way people blame guns for the times when someone shoots up a school. You can disagree, thats fine. Its certainly a controversial issue. But to call my argument 'unfair' is just plain ignorant.

Blaming a religion is the stupidest thing I've heard in my whole life. Guns using as an example even more, those things are made by humans think about what you are saying. That's like giving the fault to your couch for having pain in your back. You choose yourself to sit in a way that makes your back hurt (Just using a example). All they do is using religion as an excuse to justify there own actions. The mind of these "creatures" are not the same as you and I. You think that if religion didn't exist these things wouldn't happen anymore? If you do then you are the ignorant one.

I don't understand why you have to blame it at something when the fault is at humanity itself.

R.I.P. My thoughts go out to the family & friends of lost ones.

Cooky

I do blame humanity. But I also put a lot of blame on religion because that is the motive behind all of these attacks. You can't deny it. But I'm not trying to just hate on religion. That is not how I meant to come across. But rather point out how silly it is to go to religion for help after a terrorist attack motivated by religion just happened. Its times like these where religion really sucks. And to pray about it just seems silly to me. its like shooting some rounds at the firing range in honor of school shooting victims. I think you all misinterpreted what I said as a whole and you're all focusing on one line. Dont pray for paris. Donate. Thats how you can help.

Cooky

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-