BoutCheetah » Forum » Other BoutCheetah Stuff » Suggestions » No Chat Mode {nc}

No Chat Mode {nc}

Started by Cooky, November 12, 2012, 04:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooky

New Room Tag: {nc}  (No Chat Mode)

users cannot use the in-room chat or in-game chat when in this room

users can only whisper

I thought of this because of having fun in pvp but it getting ruined by mo9 calling me names and people being unfriendly

Selene

Block their names or report them.

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 12, 2012, 04:41:27 PM
Block their names or report them.

or I could just use {nc} mode  ::)

ZxEnvyxZ

Quote from: Cooky on November 12, 2012, 04:40:38 PM
New Room Tag: {nc}  (No Chat Mode)

users cannot use the in-room chat or in-game chat when in this room

users can only whisper

I thought of this because of having fun in pvp but it getting ruined by mo9 calling me names and people being unfriendly
by doing this, you are making everyone suffer by not being able to talk, and mo could just be unfriendly to you through whisper, maybe it would be a better choice to have the ability to block people in game with the command @block ____.

Cooky

November 12, 2012, 04:52:10 PM #4 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:52:59 PM by Cooky
Quote from: ZxEnvyxZ on November 12, 2012, 04:50:39 PM
by doing this, you are making everyone suffer by not being able to talk, and mo could just be unfriendly to you through whisper, maybe it would be a better choice to have the ability to block people in game with the command @block ____.

'making everyone suffer'  uhhh im pretty sure no one is forcing them to join the room lol
and if he was unfriendly to me I could kick him

and I dont like blocking people, its unfair to them and to me. What if they want to sell me something.. or just apologize?

Selene

Just block them if they're pissing you off. Report if its needed.

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 12, 2012, 04:53:46 PM
or just use {nc} mode  ::)

also I think blocking people is unfair

Madprox

Quote from: Cooky on November 12, 2012, 04:54:49 PM
Quote from: Selene on November 12, 2012, 04:53:46 PM
or just use {nc} mode  ::)

also I think blocking people is unfair

GM Selene told you to block them, that's what the block feature is for.
Why invent something new when there is already a solution for the problem mentioned?

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Cooky

November 12, 2012, 05:09:49 PM #8 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:10:11 PM by Cooky
I do not feel blocking people is a good solution to the problem

it is an extreme measure and its overkill in my opinion

yes I want them to stop calling me names and picking on me
no I dont want to not be able to see what they are saying

Selene

Quote from: Cooky on November 12, 2012, 05:09:49 PM

Report them. Thats why we have a section called "Report a Rule Breaker".

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 12, 2012, 05:10:58 PM
Quote from: Cooky on November 12, 2012, 05:09:49 PM

Report them. Thats why we have a section called "Report a Rule Breaker".
but thats silly because what if they are annoying you but not breaking any rules? also, reporting them implys that the incident has already happened. With {nc} mode there would simply be no incident.

Selene

Don't play with them then. Tell them to stop.

ZxEnvyxZ

Quote from: Cooky on November 12, 2012, 04:52:10 PM
Quote from: ZxEnvyxZ on November 12, 2012, 04:50:39 PM

'making everyone suffer'  uhhh im pretty sure no one is forcing them to join the room lol
and if he was unfriendly to me I could kick him

and I dont like blocking people, its unfair to them and to me. What if they want to sell me something.. or just apologize?
i don't really get what you are trying to say, no one is forced to Join the room, so aren't you so you could have left, if you didn't want to leave, others might not want to leave too nc is like forcing those who are innocent and minding their own business to get punished and not be able to talk just like the person who ACTUALLY did the bad offensive talking

Pokeh

Quote from: Cooky on November 12, 2012, 04:40:38 PM

lolwat

DarkShadow89

I think it would be cool to have a @Block and possibly a {nc}.

I see how they're both effective in different ways.
<br />BoutCheetah: DankBudz420 | 150 | Vanquish<br />
Quote from: yeritsyaboy1 on July 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM<br />Food For Thought .<br />

Cooky

November 12, 2012, 05:22:31 PM #15 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:24:15 PM by Cooky
so far, Selene, your solution to the problem of getting picked on in pvp to the point where you dont want to play is..

'block them'
'report them'
'dont play with them'
'tell them to stop'

I will start with the first

'block them'
This is unreasonable. Yes I want them to stop picking on me, but I dont want to completely block them off and not be able to see what they are saying. What if they are spreading rumors about me? What if they are insulting me and I wont be able to see and therefor will be unable to screenshot it and report it? Also, what if I am in a game with 7 other people I know pick on me a lot. You expect me to block all? Then what if they try to tell me to unready or to go change my equipment or kicked? I wont see it and I will be kicked. How is that fair to me?

'report them'
This is not a solution to the problem at all because this is something you do AFTER the problem has already occured. Also, people can pick on you and annoy you to the point you want to leave the room without breaking rules.

'dont play with them'
I dont feel this is a good solution either, and is also unreasonable. There is not a infinite amount of people to pvp. The majority of the day there is either 0 or only 1 pvp room. The highest I have seen is like 4-5. There are a minority of people who actually pvp regularely. By telling me 'dont play with the people who annoy you' you are further shrinking the amount of people to play. In another game with 10x the playerbase this would be a valid solution, but in this game, its not. Also, what if there is only 1 pvp room and I am not the room master and someone I dont like joins, if I take your advice and leave, then I have no other choice of pvp rooms to pick from and I end up on the losing end of the situation. ie: the annoying person wins

'tell them to stop'
Tell me something I dont know? Obviously I tell them to stop. Lets face it people in this game who really like to get on other peoples nerves will not listen to 'stop' unless its told to them by a staff member. I have warned that I would report and still people will continue to get on my nerves on purpose. This also is not a solution because of the fact that this is something you do AFTER the incident has already happened.

So please come up with a different solution, because the ones you provide just arent going to work.

Thankyou

Selene

Well I don't get picked on though lolz.

Just tell them to stop.

Cooky

November 12, 2012, 05:25:22 PM #17 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:33:02 PM by Cooky
Quote from: Selene on November 12, 2012, 05:24:03 PM

Just tell them to stop.
Selene, sometimes you really make me want to smash my monitor with my keyboard

If you dont get picked on, if you cant relate to the situation.. then why do you continue to throw solutions out there that dont work? Just stay out of it if you cant help, please. I know your trying to help, but your just not.

Also, when someone obviously had their feelings hurt and is clearly a little frustrated, it doesnt make them feel good when you say 'lolz'
That makes it seem like you could really care less about my situation and what happens
Funny cause your the one who made the post in general pvp section about being respectful in pvp.

ZxEnvyxZ

And people could whisper so they would be able to flame you through whisper, and if your solution for that is to make no whispering, then how would he be able to whisper you to say sorry

mo9

Quote from: Cooky on November 12, 2012, 05:25:22 PM

Just tell them to stop.
Selene, sometimes you really make me want to smash my monitor with my keyboard

If you dont get picked on, if you cant relate to the situation.. then why do you continue to throw solutions out there that dont work? Just stay out of it if you cant help, please. I know your trying to help, but your just not.
anger issues right there
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Cooky

November 12, 2012, 05:28:39 PM #20 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:31:38 PM by Cooky
Quote from: ZxEnvyxZ on November 12, 2012, 05:26:39 PM
And people could whisper so they would be able to flame you through whisper, and if your solution for that is to make no whispering, then how would he be able to whisper you to say sorry
I feel that people would not go to that length
It would be a pain for them to have to click the box, type in the persons username, then click the other box, type their message, then click the other box and go back to 'All'.. all during a pvp match or before the game starts.

Also it makes it a hell of a lot easier to report someone because then you know for a FACT that they were saying it to you and you only.

Quote from: mo9 on November 12, 2012, 05:28:20 PM
anger issues right there
please stay out of this thread if you are not going to contribute

Pokeh

Quote from: Cooky on November 12, 2012, 05:25:22 PM

Just tell them to stop.
Selene, sometimes you really make me want to smash my monitor with my keyboard.

i can't read that without hearing your accent in my head and laughing >_<

NeoKiller

November 12, 2012, 05:39:50 PM #22 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:40:13 PM by NeoKiller
Well, people can also annoy you through whispers so why does it matter if you can chat or not ?
If they're annoying you in chat, just ingore it.
People will stop being mean when they see that you don't care.

I personally don't like the idea of no chat rooms.

Also you're reporting so many people, 1 more won't make a difference I think.
Trust me mo will stop after being banned a couple of days.

ZxEnvyxZ

Quote from: NeoKiller on November 12, 2012, 05:39:50 PM

Also you're reporting so many people

Cooky

November 12, 2012, 05:42:45 PM #24 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:44:06 PM by Cooky
Well, people can also annoy you through whispers so why does it matter if you can chat or not ?
I alread explained why I believe that would not be a problem
If they're annoying you in chat, just ingore it.
People will stop being mean when they see that you don't care.

Also you're reporting so many people, 1 more won't make a difference I think.
Trust me mo will stop after being banned a couple of days.

hes not going to be banned in fact selene says she wont even talk to him because calling me 'cok' could have been a typo and they ment to say 'cook'

inb4 people who like to annoy me see this and always call me cok cause they know they will get away with it

Quote from: ZxEnvyxZ on November 12, 2012, 05:41:53 PM

Also you're reporting so many people
I can understand quoting the idea of not liking no chat rooms, but why the part about the 'also you're reporting so many people' part? What are you impyling?

Also if people dont like the idea of no chat rooms then they dont have to join
its as simple as that

NeoKiller

November 12, 2012, 05:46:01 PM #25 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:47:28 PM by NeoKiller
Can't be a typo when it happens everytime, if Selene doesn't unerstand it she's biased.

Still I don't think that's a good idea, and I believe people would go so far whispering...
If they're in a no chat room they don't have to click at all chat after whispering you since they can't type in normal chat anyways.
So they stay at your name and keep whispering you.

Selene

November 12, 2012, 05:46:25 PM #26 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:47:47 PM by Selene
No proof Neo.

I'm far from being biased.

NeoKiller

Quote from: Selene on November 12, 2012, 05:46:25 PM
No proof Neo.

I'm far from being biased.
No proof of mo saying it at all or no proof that he did it on purpose?

Cooky

when he said cok the first time I assumed it was a typo so I didnt do anything
then he said it a 2nd time, but it was at the end of the game I could not screenshot in time before the scores popped up
I only have a screenshot of when he said it the 3rd time (after I warned him not to) and of course this was when he said *cook afterwards

Also he called me an idiot but the game ended right before I could screenshot it

So I really have no proof

only way would be to talk to the people in the room and ask if they saw him saying it

Here are the people:

daluzman123

+1 Nice idea.

I call horse-poop on Selene not being bias, I've seen a ton of ways when you've shown favoritism and bias acts.

~Johnny

Selene

November 12, 2012, 05:50:41 PM #30 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:50:58 PM by Selene
Cooky I spoke with him.

Stay on topic please and thank you.

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 12, 2012, 05:50:41 PM
Cooky I spoke with him.

Stay on topic please and thank you.
thankyou very much Selene

NeoKiller

November 12, 2012, 05:53:55 PM #32 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:56:19 PM by NeoKiller
I'd suggest you close this thread since I doubt it'll happen and you make a new thread in "report a rule breaker" as soon as they start annoying you again.

mo9

i only typo's twice anyway -1 i don't like this idea 
ZeaL Rank 1 BvB, just because

vv secks box

Cooky

Please do not close this topic

123bomb123

+1. Yes, Cooky. This is great. I hate rude comments in game.
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

Cooky

Quote from: 123bomb123 on November 12, 2012, 06:00:36 PM
+1. Yes, Cooky. This is great. I hate rude comments in game.

*reads post*

*sees who posted it*

*re-reads post*

KillerPig

the block feature wont work inside a room stop saying to use block feature lmao

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Allie

Quote from: KillerPig on November 12, 2012, 08:34:07 PM

It don't?
It will soon.

Styx

Just make a better reputation.

Adamp

Quote from: Allie on November 13, 2012, 08:14:02 AM

It doesn't?
It will soon.
fixed

cybercjt

Normal / Low
IGN: LT.Surge / Psycho_Patch
Level: 172 / 7
Guild: None / None

Thx to Pig for the Raichu sig. :D

Badass PvPer I guess so.. XD

KillerPig

Quote from: Adamp on November 13, 2012, 08:33:28 AM
Quote from: Allie on November 13, 2012, 08:14:02 AM

It doesn't?
It will soon.
fixed
stfu grammar feg adampt

Quote from: Styx on November 13, 2012, 08:16:42 AM

Just make a better reputation.
l0l

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

DarkShadow89

I think, in a way, its kind of our RIGHT to be able to @Block people.

Most games have an ignore feature, this would benefit greatly.
So i can just block spammers so i dont get annoyed :/

Still think {nc} is a good idea, why not? Doesn't seem like it would hurt.

It may not SOLVE the situation, but i dont see how it could do the opposite, might as well just add another command. Lol right?
Quote from: yeritsyaboy1 on July 24, 2012, 08:30:40 PM<br />Food For Thought .<br />

nourr993

why did i read Cooky's post now my mood's effed  how do i block cooky's post i want to go on this forum in peace cuz he's a uhH UHHM UUUGH a baby (selene he called me cok ,selene look what these people said,selene blabla i'm gay....)
and -the sum of all +1s -9999999999
Server   :High   / Low
Name   :Morocco   / Morocco
Level   :221   / 160

Quote from: Dewo on September 20, 2012, 03:11:35 PM
Worst Thread Maker: nourr993

Cooky

Quote from: nourr993 on November 13, 2012, 05:31:58 PM
why did i read Cooky's post now my mood's effed  how do i block cooky's post i want to go on this forum in peace cuz he's a uhH UHHM UUUGH a baby (selene he called me cok ,selene look what these people said,selene blabla i'm gay....)
wow major disrespect

DarkShadow89

Quote from: nourr993 on November 13, 2012, 05:31:58 PM

Whether or not Cooky's a bitch or not, he still has the right to report what he wants, not too mention hes not the only "baby" on this game, and not only will this command benefit Cooky, but many others.

You truly are the worst thread maker, please think before you post. It doesnt ONLY benefit Cooky.

nourr993

ya ya right how do i block his posts

DarkShadow89

Quote from: nourr993 on November 13, 2012, 05:43:30 PM
ya ya right how do i block his posts

Simple, you dont ****ing read the thread.

nourr993

oh well i might just ignore him

ZxEnvyxZ

Quote from: Cooky on November 12, 2012, 05:28:39 PM
Quote from: ZxEnvyxZ on November 12, 2012, 05:26:39 PM
Also it makes it a hell of a lot easier to report someone because then you know for a FACT that they were saying it to you and you only.
Quote from: mo9 on November 12, 2012, 05:28:20 PM
anger issues right there
if you are going to report him, just do it at the start, they would have to say your name or somehow indicate they were talking to you to even have you offended, so you don't really need more proof than a few insults to get them reported/warned. you don't need to go through all this trouble for yourself to report them.

Allie

Ok well, this thread isn't going well.
I just want to say, this isn't going to happen, I appreciate the suggestion but because it's turning into a flame thread, I'm gonna lock it.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-