how the ****

Started by paranoia, November 06, 2013, 04:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustRK

Quote from: Allie on November 06, 2013, 08:35:24 PM
Quote from: JustRK on November 06, 2013, 08:30:22 PM
lots of stuff

some were right, some were wrong.
first, jrharbort didn't do anything off the forums. he was demoted pretty much before BC came about due to his support for ************** with tok, who, to my knowledge, was demoted for rebelling a decision by TheHistorian dude. Excuse if any of my BOTS knowledge is a bit fuzzy, i could have a few details mixed.

Second, tricky was with us the entire time. He was a staff member of BotsCheetah, the hacksite for BOTS before BC was even created. Gramps you are right though, I think. He moved on the second version of BC, after it came back up. At this point, BOTS was a sinking ship and everyone knew it. Some people decided still to avoid BC at all costs, because we were the ones who killed BOTS. Some still don't, but most have changed their mind.

TheHistorian was a cool guy, very father-figure like know it all due to being one of the oldest (in terms of age) members of the community at the time.  He was highly regarded by BigWig Marks (Howard Marks CEO) who had a strong presence within the forum until the close of 2007 which began the legal documentation for the transfer of most of acclaim games' assets to playdom at which point he made his exit as a regular figure along with several other mods.

I remember meeting most of the well-knowns of todays community through the report a bug forums which put me in line to become a mod for acclaim later to find out that information previously mentioned about the switch to playdom which led to my billet being declined as they had nothing more to offer me. Only staff from higher up knew this (except for me which they gave a heads up about a year early) to prevent the community from crumbling even more as acclaim coins were still being sold in stores across the US and generated thousands of dollars despite the companies liquidation.

That's also the time when santa and allie became very popular figures for diminishing all other opponents for supremacy of Bots acclaim servers.

Rossbach

Histo was a dumb greedy *** that fked up the BOTS!! community.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on November 06, 2013, 07:27:14 PM
I quit my rl job because I moved and decided to move with kenny (until he decided not to live with me) and make it a full-time job, but Kenny lost interest.

minimal updates previously because I was too busy working, now because Kenny doesn't feel like coding.

reading this part made me really sad.

If bout cheetah were to ever end, it would be one of the saddest days of my life. I never realized until now how important you 2 are in my life.

Hopefully you figure things out. If u were both working full time on this.. I can only imagine how far the game would come

Yz

lots of stuff

first, jrharbort didn't do anything off the forums. he was demoted pretty much before BC came about due to his support for ************** with tok, who, to my knowledge, was demoted for rebelling a decision by TheHistorian dude. Excuse if any of my BOTS knowledge is a bit fuzzy, i could have a few details mixed.

Second, tricky was with us the entire time. He was a staff member of BotsCheetah, the hacksite for BOTS before BC was even created. Gramps you are right though, I think. He moved on the second version of BC, after it came back up. At this point, BOTS was a sinking ship and everyone knew it. Some people decided still to avoid BC at all costs, because we were the ones who killed BOTS. Some still don't, but most have changed their mind.

i was also on the other serv dont forget. i was with you the entire time but not always on this server

and yeah histo ruined bots forums

@toast don't forget the spam bot protection that got implemented
DISCORD killyzkill

Thornz

Wow, this is all really great info! Thanks for sharing! Especially Allie....

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Iridion

tl;dr new bc cb/ob best version of bc ever never forget

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

paranoia

Allie were there legal issues with you where the cops had to step in as well? Maybe like kenny?
EGK!

Allie

Quote from: paranoia on November 07, 2013, 06:17:43 PM
Allie were there legal issues with you where the cops had to step in as well? Maybe like kenny?

no, i never personally ran the DoS program nor revealed any personal information about myself except to extremely trustworthy members of the community.
worst thing they could get me on is leadership of an illegal hack group, which they wouldn't have had enough to actually get a police visit for (or warrant it, most likely).

paranoia

What was your original job?
EGK!

Toast

Quote from: Yz on November 07, 2013, 05:09:54 AM
lots of stuff

i was also on the other serv dont forget. i was with you the entire time but not always on this server

and yeah histo ruined bots forums

@toast don't forget the spam bot protection that got implemented

yes, i haven't. :p
the thing is though, that section is completely dead so i'm not even sure how it all works anymore.

Allie

Quote from: paranoia on November 07, 2013, 11:41:12 PM
What was your original job?

network administrator.
setting up networks, making sure they're all up, office in the router room, etc.
(i assume by original job you mean last one, that ive had for most of BC)
original job was a computer technician, intern so i didnt get kicked out of school.

-Speedy-

How long did it take you to break away from Bots and make Bout Cheetah?

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Allie

Quote from: -Speedy- on November 08, 2013, 01:05:03 AM
How long did it take you to break away from Bots and make Bout Cheetah?

idk what you mean by that,
I played BOTS since 07, BC was made in 09 when auron released enchanted bots.
it's been here for almost five years now.

Pokeh

Quote from: Cooky on November 07, 2013, 04:53:43 AM
I quit my rl job because I moved and decided to move with kenny (until he decided not to live with me) and make it a full-time job, but Kenny lost interest.

minimal updates previously because I was too busy working, now because Kenny doesn't feel like coding.

If bout cheetah were to ever end, it would be one of the saddest days of my life. I never realized until now how important you 2 are in my life.

Hopefully you figure things out. If u were both working full time on this.. I can only imagine how far the game would come

lol allie's already said if bc is to ever die for any reason then they're going to make a program to make your own bots server and it will be so easy anyone can make a bots server with a few clicks.

the point was they didn't want **** to have a monopoly after bc dies and then **** would have to deal with 100s of bots servers

paranoia

Quote from: Pokeh on November 08, 2013, 04:10:10 PM
Quote from: Cooky on November 07, 2013, 04:53:43 AM

lol allie's already said if bc is to ever die for any reason then they're going to make a program to make your own bots server and it will be so easy anyone can make a bots server with a few clicks.

the point was they didn't want **** to have a monopoly after bc dies and then **** would have to deal with 100s of bots servers
Damn pokeh much info bro
EGK!

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-