April 26, 2024, 04:44:40 PMLatest Member: onefungi420
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic »  how the ****

how the ****

Started by paranoia, November 06, 2013, 04:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paranoia

November 06, 2013, 04:11:12 PM Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:13:13 PM by paranoia
was BC started? Like what made them wanna make this business, how did they promote it? Where they worried about copyright stuff?
like did they pay a lot of money to make this at the very beginning.
EGK!

ultranoob123

BC was made just as bots died, so alot of people missed their favourite game, then a new version rises out of the dust... It probably had a bit of hype when it was first created
Slaughterking/Slaughterlord

toast <3

JustRK

Quote from: ultranoob123 on November 06, 2013, 05:01:25 PM
BC was made just as bots died, so alot of people missed their favourite game, then a new version rises out of the dust... It probably had a bit of hype when it was first created

It didn't really rise out of the dust, they DOS'ed the heck out of Bots Acclaim and slowly converted many players over to the old bc. Then bots died and sometime later this version came out with that original player base as well as with the new wave of players who had no where to go. I remember being level 200 in the older version of bc and when everything reset it made me want to quit, but as they say no one ever quits and now I'm more active than ever  ;D

paranoia

EGK!

xXassassinXx

Uhhh idk anything about bc's beggining but.....rk where u get that kool moving fire dog?
I LIKE TWAINS!!!
bully exterminator,Flaming master :F ;D~~~~~~~

Iridion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

JustRK

Quote from: xXassassinXx on November 06, 2013, 05:28:18 PM
Uhhh idk anything about bc's beggining but.....rk where u get that kool moving fire dog?

It's a sprite  :) just save one to your computer with the right resolution and you can use it as your avatar.

ultranoob123

Im pretty sure its a growlithe

toast <3

Reviax

Quote from: ultranoob123 on November 06, 2013, 05:40:41 PM

Looks more like Arcanine to me.

ultranoob123

Quote from: Reviax on November 06, 2013, 05:42:40 PM
Quote from: ultranoob123 on November 06, 2013, 05:40:41 PM

Looks more like Arcanine to me.
You would be correct, couldn't remember what the evolution was called D:

toast <3

paranoia

What are you guys rambling about I want more information on BC history ::)
EGK!

Allie

Quote from: Iridion on November 06, 2013, 05:28:29 PM
allie pls do ur thing

righty

At the end of BOTS, an ex-staff member Tok and a random hacker Auron worked together on a private server named BOTS Evolution. Tok decided to derp out and Auron released a horribly coded source that barely worked at all. Many people took the source and tried to make it work, we happened to be the only ones who succeeded.

We hacked all the other private servers at the time, and then hacked BOTS to the ground and stole their users. DDoS'd the BOTS servers so it was down 100% (originally started with DoS, but they just started ip banning) and orange text spammed our link while it was up. Yeah, we were pretty immature back then, but hey, look where we are now.

Originally was entirely free to play, but a lulz game. We never really intended it to ever be a serious game, but eventually BOTS actually died after our year and a half of trying to shut it down. Zirak, who was on our team at the time, suggested we try to make money off it. At this point, it was still a hobby for free, though poorly hosted because it was entirely f2p. We made a horrible membership system that didn't really work, enough to get a VPS for awhile, but eventually evolved into a system that actually worked.

Eventually, we started making money, and decided to change it from a hobby to an actual job. In time, I quit my rl job because I moved and decided to move with kenny (until he decided not to live with me) and make it a full-time job, but Kenny lost interest.

That's where we are now, minimal updates previously because I was too busy working, now because Kenny doesn't feel like coding. I probably left out a lot, if you have any questions I can answer.

Madprox

Quote from: Allie on November 06, 2013, 07:27:14 PM
Quote from: Iridion on November 06, 2013, 05:28:29 PM
allie pls do ur thing

righty

(click to show/hide)
I loved your reply. "Rightyyyy", and a huge clear explanation. Way to go! *High-Fives*

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

123bomb123

but..... who's auron !????!??!?!??!?!???
IGN: MisterZ

ZeaL - Rank 1 in antagonizing, just
because.

Rub me out like genies, won't concede til I'm graffiti
Quote from: Yz on January 14, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
mrz is like top 40 and would probly be like
"fuk yeh n00bs im god bow to god''

JustRK

Quote from: 123bomb123 on November 06, 2013, 08:00:06 PM
but..... who's auron !????!??!?!??!?!???

Bots was riddled with hackers.  The most famous spearhead against them was a staff member by the name of JrHarbort.  He cracked the whip in the community from 07-09 and the game held it's ground fairly well. JrHarbort lost his power after it was clear that he had interest in a private server of some sort (I can't exactly recall this part, maybe allie can). But shortly after his loss of power it opened the gates of destruction as now the hackers were free to roam the game and the player base dwindled as allie and santa (known as redeyes) put out bc and at first the likes of myself, tricky, gramps, etc swore to sink with the ship. Eventually we came to our senses and joined the old bc which was mainly run through what ever allie and santa had for resources. I disappeared shortly after the reset to find tricky had risen to the rank of admin.

Uhm. I'd explain more stuff, but I gotta bounce :P

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-