March 19, 2024, 02:27:03 AMLatest Member: ArthurDic
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Future Updates » A reply to your suggestions - looking for feedback

A reply to your suggestions - looking for feedback

Started by Allie, October 16, 2014, 03:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

October 16, 2014, 03:09:30 AM Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:55:08 PM by Allie
This is a topic of ideas we got from you, and are willing to bring to the game depending on your feedback.
Please tell us your thoughts on each idea.

The max level will be reduced to 135 (exactly half of what it is now, the experienced required to hit 135 will be the same as 270, etc).
Stats will be unaffected by this change.
With this change, we will increase max level to either 140, 145, or 150 (280, 290, or 300 in current game).

Experience gained will now have an additional factor: you will get half experience if the level is above the formula [lvl*1.2+12], and you will get 1 experience if the level is above the formula [lvl*1.2+24].
For example, a level 50 will get half experience at maps 72 or higher, and 1 experience from maps 84 or higher [50*1.2+12/24].
Meanwhile, a level 200 will get half experience at maps 252 or higher, and 1 experience from maps 264 or higher [200*1.2+12/24].
This will become 6/12 if the level reduction update takes place.

Stay with me here, this is going to get complicated (PvP related),
At the start of every month (the first), our database will have a set total of X (we're thinking 40) "marks". These marks can be randomly given to you at a low rate if you manage to win an individual PvP game, and will stop dropping after all of the marks are given out
If you get a mark, you're now flagged with a mark in the room. Anyone who manages to win a game with a marked player (or players) will get a point per mark. These points will be viewable via a new interface either in the lobby or a pvp room.
The player with the most points at the end of the month will get a new item, called the MVP flag. It will have the stats of the reaper, and will ONLY be given out once a month to the person with the most points.

Bot stract will be wiped entirely and made untradeable.
Players will now receive bot stract coins on their second, fourth, sixth and seventh day of the week.
Specifically, 10 on the second, 20 on the fourth, 30 on the sixth and 40 on the seventh. This adds up to a total of 100 if you login 7/7 days a week.
Members will receive 2.5x as many bot stract as normal players (25 on the second, 50 on the fourth, 75 on the sixth and 100 on the second, adding up to 250).
Bot stract will then be redeemable on the Zylon Shop interface for zylon coins at a rate of 5 stract to 1 coin. This means 20 free coins a week for non-members, 50 for members.

The higher level armors will have a value that you can sell to the shop for gigas.

Potential welcome back and/or daily/bi-daily login rewards on a future date.

Gora from map 258 can no longer be pushed. Pushing will result in an auto-lose.

Massive ban removal of everyone who was banned before a certain date (we're thinking around summer of last year).

What is released depends on your feedback. Let us know what you think of these ideas, as they are all what's currently planned for next month.

Cooky

medchiller

October 16, 2014, 03:27:00 AM #2 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:32:52 AM by medchiller
Max level thing sounds interesting but I'm just wondering it's purpose?

Experience idea would make lower levels actually play the levels instead of leeching off high levels and hardly enjoying or playing the game at all and for that I like the idea.

PvP Monthly event sound really interesting! Many players have been wanting a monthly event that has some sort of prize at the end.

Bot scract revamp sounds really cool like really really cool but there will obviously be an increase in rares in the game so I don't know if it's within the best interest of the games economy. (Maybe you're trying to reduce the cost of the rares but I don't know lol)

Higher level armors being shop sell-able is a must imo, been something that has been planned for a long time and most of the community would enjoy having it.

Rewards sound pretty cool as long as their value isn't outrageous.

Gora being unable to be pushed might be a good idea, I like it but I don't know how the rest of the community (grinders primarily) would like it.

221 and 235 as 4 man raid. YES!!! If you were to do any of these I would want this one the most!

Ban removal is kinda iffy tbh, we spend all this time trying to get rid of these hackers and then we unban them all. I think that there should be some restrictions on who and for what people get unbanned.

Cooky

pretty much agree exactly with meds whole post but im at work and dont have time to type all that on my phone

1337HaxSkill

October 16, 2014, 03:33:32 AM #4 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:21:14 PM by 1337HaxSkill
(click to show/hide)

I approve of the following:

•The max level will be reduced to 135...

•Bot stract will be wiped entirely and made untradeable...
(10 ZC per week isn't enough to get anyone hooked. Take a lesson from most 'freemium' games and lure people in with more ZC. A maximum of 10 per week will get you 200 in something like 10 months, unless you're a complete addict. If you don't up the value, this feature is completely useless and will only aggravate users.)

•The higher level armors will have a value that you can sell to the shop for gigas.

•Gora from map 258 can no longer be pushed. Pushing will result in an auto-lose.
(But instead you should destroy this map and start clean on a map that is larger. I strongly suggest the Jungle map or some other big one. This is part of what's making 258 so troublesome.)

•Reducing 221 and 235 to 4-man. 250 will remain 8-man for the time being.

I strongly disapprove of everything else, especially the flag idea.
You don't see RuneScape or League of Legends doing anything like this.
Why? It's silly to care about 2 or 3 members. We're trying to target an entire audience. You shouldn't waste time with tiny things like this.
It's hardly professional.
...But I'm glad something is finally getting updated.

Also, have you given removing the resolution cap any thought? It's really putting this game in crutches and that isn't helping our player base. Excuse me for saying this, but it's an idiotic move. You have a definite advantage in FPS games with a gigabit connection, but that doesn't mean you throttle every player to 100 KB/s just to "even out the playing field."
The reason people play games is to have fun, most people that play don't really care about competition.

hur9

October 16, 2014, 03:34:09 AM #5 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:22:35 AM by hur90
+1 to all, bans idk
Then the pvp flag make it untradeable and 2nd flag? Top Guild Flag is 1st. So you can use 2 cool flags at the same time(in case you have them ofc).
Quote from: medchiller on October 16, 2014, 03:27:00 AM
Max level thing sounds interesting but I'm just wondering it's purpose?
Harder leveling.
Bye 4.6m bs.

Madprox

Huge reply, I alternated my replies in color, so it would stay easy to read and maintain an overview.

(click to show/hide)

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

sirhamtaro

October 16, 2014, 07:37:46 AM #7 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:39:52 AM by sirhamtaro
This feels like a dream
stuffs actually getting done boys!
Reading that makes me actually want to log in to the game and do something (i dont have a pc atm you see)

anaroy50

i think its be ok to kill gora , but its will be hard in this map.
maybe connect wave 3 to the boss than can lure it to wave 2 and kill him without all nimbas and slammers hit u.
btw gora can be combo by 1 person?

IGN : PT Roy(270)/PT Royster(262)
Guild : Prestige/Legion

Meteor

Yes to everything but the mass ban removal. Maybe unban people that were banned 2-3 years ago but definitely not as close as a year ago.

(click to show/hide)

Rossbach

At the start of every month (the first), our database will have a set total of X (we're thinking 40) "marks".

Considering how many players there are, there is little chance a current player can get those ones. Can you make so it gives marks based on those that last logged in within Y amount of days ago?

@1337

It is 100/ 250 per week.

That is perm Jura after 31.85 / 12.74 weeks PER ACCOUNT, and from what it looks like, Allie did not limit it.

At least fix 235's fire to 1 hit ko.

Omnomnom eating toast.

-Speedy-

I like everything but the level. Can you make max lvl 221 again i just always liked the level 221. Or 200 that was nice looking to the eye as well.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Iridion

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Robocop7ant

Quote from: -Speedy- on October 16, 2014, 12:29:14 PM
I like everything but the level. Can you make max lvl 221 again i just always liked the level 221. Or 200 that was nice looking to the eye as well.
make lvl cap 200 for members and 150 for non members?

if it's a distance between lvls people maybe think it's better to purchase membership?
or if this not happening, is members gonna be 135 and non members x lvls?
<br />

1337HaxSkill

October 16, 2014, 06:07:39 PM #14 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:14:07 PM by 1337HaxSkill
Quote from: Rossbach on October 16, 2014, 12:23:56 PM
@1337

It is 100/ 250 per week.

That is perm Jura after 31.85 / 12.74 weeks PER ACCOUNT, and from what it looks like, Allie did not limit it.

Are you sure?

Quote from: Allie on October 16, 2014, 03:09:30 AM
Bot stract will be wiped entirely and made untradeable.
Players will now receive bot stract coins on their second, fourth, sixth and seventh day of the week.
Specifically, 10 on the second, 20 on the fourth, 30 on the sixth and 40 on the seventh. This adds up to a total of 100 if you login 7/7 days a week.
Members will receive 2.5x as many bot stract as normal players (25 on the second, 50 on the fourth, 75 on the sixth and 100 on the second, adding up to 250).
Bot stract will then be redeemable on the Zylon Shop interface for zylon coins at a rate of 10 stract to 1 coin. This means 10 free coins a week for non-members, 25 for members.

10 ZC per week.
If you think 318 weeks of non-stop gameplay is somehow acceptable, you don't know much about appeasing players.
Even if it were 31.8 weeks, the ridiculousness is still laughable. Anyone who plays BoutCheetah every day for the better part of a year should not be rewarded, he or she should be sent to some sort of institution for addicts.
And keep in mind the actual figure for getting a free Jura trans is much, much higher. Something like 6 or 7 years.

...Tell me my math is wrong.

Players need instant gratification for their actions.
I recommend adding some very inexpensive items to the Zylon Shop and multiplying the current Bot-Stract rewards by 10.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-