May 23, 2024, 02:51:03 AMLatest Member: MichaelAvend

Staff team-

Started by Materger, February 09, 2015, 04:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madprox

Quote from: FalseProphet on February 09, 2015, 05:11:49 AM
apart from Santa, Max at times and that's mainly all i PERSONALLY see.
Just an addition to that, I do see Medchill and Oreos on quite often, just usally when i'm about to log off, so different timezones.

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Materger

Personally don't think a staff should log if they aren't going to actually be there, or if they do they should use an alt. So if someone tries to contact them via. importance and/or need help they can knowingly get a response quite promptly. It's not lack of staff of inactivivity. It's more all staff are from similar timezones. So this becomes an issue when it becomes nighttime, food, social hours etc. I believe it's handy having young staff amongst the team also, as they are young and high spirited so that's a plus side to the staff team as-well as the older more mature and knowledge-able staff.

They are a good team when they work together, but it somewhat lacks at times when it comes to communication there isn't a bond quite highly apart from Santa, Max at times and that's mainly all i PERSONALLY see. When people see their names they shout and praise like oh yay staff, how's it going, can you help me with this, that oh they're awesome and hound them constantly with questions and curiosities, needs more build like this amongst the two imo. But i could just be waffling :) my thoughts and honesty.

If there is more staff, perhaps consider timezones so you're not going to bung more people into the same area.
Interesting. Would you agree that if there were more mods that the players would have an easier time getting assistance? Or do you think it would be the same with a few new mods ?

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

FalseProphet

Quote from: Materger on February 09, 2015, 05:17:52 AM
Personally don't think a staff should log if they aren't going to actually be there, or if they do they should use an alt. So if someone tries to contact them via. importance and/or need help they can knowingly get a response quite promptly. It's not lack of staff of inactivivity. It's more all staff are from similar timezones. So this becomes an issue when it becomes nighttime, food, social hours etc. I believe it's handy having young staff amongst the team also, as they are young and high spirited so that's a plus side to the staff team as-well as the older more mature and knowledge-able staff.

They are a good team when they work together, but it somewhat lacks at times when it comes to communication there isn't a bond quite highly apart from Santa, Max at times and that's mainly all i PERSONALLY see. When people see their names they shout and praise like oh yay staff, how's it going, can you help me with this, that oh they're awesome and hound them constantly with questions and curiosities, needs more build like this amongst the two imo. But i could just be waffling :) my thoughts and honesty.

If there is more staff, perhaps consider timezones so you're not going to bung more people into the same area.
Interesting. Would you agree that if there were more mods that the players would have an easier time getting assistance? Or do you think it would be the same with a few new mods ?

depending on the staff and community's choice as-well as the timezones, then yes it could be easier and better.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Robocop7ant

Quote from: Materger on February 09, 2015, 05:12:50 AM
Quote from: Robocop7ant on February 09, 2015, 05:07:29 AM
staffs need to be more active.

You can allways count on max, he will answe,  and get online if he isn't at work ^^

1-2 active moderators wouldn't hurt i think.
If More staffs is active, i think it would bring more players on too :)

But also need for a new head GM,  would be good.

Nice, nice, nice. Do you think there's a way to get staff to play more or be more active? Maybe a few more events with staff members.
If adding pvp/bvb would bring some old players on, i would ask the current staff to hold events?
Could bring both parts active ^^

Bringing more players into the game means more people write in lobby,  and more moderating lobby?

(trying to come up with som ideas).
<br />

Materger

@FP- True, now would you rather see a younger more energetic mod or an older, serious, but knowledgeable mod?           @robo- do you think players would benefit from a more active staff with the low amount of players or do you think because of the low amount of players that a need for staff isn't needed as much?                               

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

medchiller

Think we can agree it's MedChill's fault. Case closed.Mat's a gook

Madprox

Quote from: Materger on February 09, 2015, 05:33:40 AM
@FP- True, now would you rather see a younger more energetic mod or an older, serious, but knowledgeable mod?           @robo- do you think players would benefit from a more active staff with the low amount of players or do you think because of the low amount of players that a need for staff isn't needed as much?                               
@first question: I'd personally like matured, adult staff members over younger ones, but that'd be pretty hard to come acros, so young talents would be what we'd get probably.

Materger

Alrighty, I have a question for everyone. Would a actual training guide be of use to help new staff members adapt into their new roles as staff members be effective compared to just letting them jump into being a staff member out of the blue? I mean having great people skills is an obvious thing that is needed to be a "good" staff member, but I've heard of staff members being dry or even cold toward players at times. Sorta like a bootcamp for new staff members so they can be geared up for what's next. At least from what I can remember from being a staff member was that nothing was really taught to me and I had to ask about certain things to make sure it was te right call or the wrong one. A guide for starting staff members would be beneficial in my opinion. Perhaps even a set of rules that only staff members can follow like never letting things get personal or maybe even keeping it somewhat professional half of the time. I think it would be helpful. ;-(

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

Madprox

Quote from: Materger on February 09, 2015, 05:54:53 AM
Alrighty, I have a question for everyone. Would a actual training guide be of use to help new staff members adapt into their new roles as staff members be effective compared to just letting them jump into being a staff member out of the blue? I mean having great people skills is an obvious thing that is needed to be a "good" staff member, but I've heard of staff members being dry or even cold toward players at times. Sorta like a bootcamp for new staff members so they can be geared up for what's next. At least from what I can remember from being a staff member was that nothing was really taught to me and I had to ask about certain things to make sure it was te right call or the wrong one. A guide for starting staff members would be beneficial in my opinion. Perhaps even a set of rules that only staff members can follow like never letting things get personal or maybe even keeping it somewhat professional half of the time. I think it would be helpful. ;-(
We have a couple threads for staff members to read, that explains everything there is to do in the different positions.
Some one on one time with a veteran staff member and newly recruited one, like ur own private teacher, would be good tho, something we could easily do :)

Materger

Ah, I may have forgotten about that thread. It was different when I became a mod so that's a plus.

squirtle! squirtle! 

-EGK-

sandflop123

Sorry for others gm but I think Oreos is the only GM that trying to make active pvp/base and abit Med.
Rest are just sectoring like everyone else.

Madprox

Quote from: sandflop123 on February 09, 2015, 06:38:25 AM
Sorry for others gm but I think Oreos is the only GM that trying to make active pvp/base and abit Med.
true, i have plans to revive BvB in 2015, possibly also PvP, but not for the moment as i'm pretty busy irl.
Also sector is just what i prefer to play and i don't think you should discredit me as a GM for not playing PvP or BvB actively just because i don't enjoy it as much. (sorry if i misunderstood but i felt like you thought this way)

Robocop7ant

Doesn't need to be Staff members who revive it, but yeah you get more antention from people :)
I'll gladly help with stuff in-game ^^

adding 1-2 mods in-game would maybe bring a heads up in-game, and more people will might come back online , cause they see that it's more active active from the staffs side.

We got enought GMs on forum/game

What do you think could bring veterans back and/or new players into this community?
<br />

Madprox

Quote from: Robocop7ant on February 09, 2015, 06:50:36 AM
What do you think could bring veterans back and/or new players into this community?

- Active playerbase.
- PvP/BvB revived.
- Monthly events.
- Holiday events.
- New content, like maps, modes, not nessescarily items.

sandflop123

Quote from: Madprox on February 09, 2015, 06:41:45 AM
Quote from: sandflop123 on February 09, 2015, 06:38:25 AM
true, i have plans to revive BvB in 2015, possibly also PvP, but not for the moment as i'm pretty busy irl.
Also sector is just what i prefer to play and i don't think you should discredit me as a GM for not playing PvP or BvB actively just because i don't enjoy it as much. (sorry if i misunderstood but i felt like you thought this way)
actually u dont enjoy it becouse u lose all the time but if u practice and would stop coming with excuses that ur bad u will get better,alot better and ofc if u want it.
and no,i dont see u as bad gm just cuz ur a sector guy.Just try to revive pvp/bvb and i'm sure ppl will come back atleast most of them

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-