April 16, 2024, 02:17:41 AMLatest Member: alexis27
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Why did BC die ?

Why did BC die ?

Started by Killer454, December 26, 2016, 06:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer454

I'm being serious here, haven't played seriously since 2014
What the hell happened to everyone ? There used to be tons of people online 2 years ago and now only 10-20 in the weekened ? I havern't seen any negative changes which may have caused people to stop playing.
Is it due to the lack of new players ?

daluzman123

It's dead because no one cares about it.

Bluepatchx

December 26, 2016, 06:38:45 AM #2 Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 06:54:46 AM by Bluepatchx
It's dying because Santa and Allie aren't around enough and they no longer pay for larger updates (e.g.  Met was paid for the Raid sets.)  I've got at least 3 new sets and various items ready to go.
Without them,  it is virtually impossible to update the game.
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

Meteor

Quote from: Bluepatchx on December 26, 2016, 06:38:45 AM
It's dying because Santa and Allie aren't around enough and they no longer pay for larger updates (e.g.  Met was paid for the Raid sets.)  I've got at least 3 new sets and various items ready to go.
Without them,  it is virtually impossible to update the game.
I was paid for virtually everything else but not that lol.

(click to show/hide)

hawk5005

December 26, 2016, 10:26:48 AM #4 Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:29:37 AM by hawk5005
It's a repetitive game with no updates, the only reason people still played was because of nostalgia, but even that died out after a while.

Whenever there's a "big update" people still come back to try it out, but leave shorty after.
People nowadays go for big games with shiny graphics, so getting brand new players is next to impossible and old players have kind of grown out of this game. No matter how you look at it, a revival is pretty much impossible. The game's just gonna wither and die slowly. Sounds familiar.

Bluepatchx

^ What he said

And I mean, this game can technically be made into an open world (not in this engine ofc, but it's entirely possible). However, I'm certainly not going to spend time doing that for free.

Eat4two

I think your hint was clear in your first post. $$

Not enough commitment to keep this game alive and even if it had been handled better, it's unlikely to have attracted many new players. Those that have no connection can't enjoy for the nostalgia and why would they choose to play it with the competition of other games. With updates it would have probably been more longlived with the old players sticking around longer, but everyone gets bored and quit eventually. It's an old game.

Yz

you can just summarize it with what eat4two said in the end. it's an old game. new players weren't gonna find it and the rest of us ran outta drive.
DISCORD killyzkill

Bluepatchx

Quote from: Eat4two on December 26, 2016, 10:41:37 PM

I was actually hinting at the fact they've tried to ask me to do it for free before. It's terrible mismanagement.

And as far as competition against other games go; of course. But the premise of this game (Stage-based beat-em up) actually has a place in the market right now as older styled, retro-feel games are coming back into fashion. They just need to inject some time and a decent team into re-utilizing the assets.

daluzman123

If only someone had a large sum of money that can be freely invested into reviving Boutcheetah.

If only someone.

Yz

Quote from: Bluepatchx on December 27, 2016, 12:43:35 AM

I was actually hinting at the fact they've tried to ask me to do it for free before. It's terrible mismanagement.

And as far as competition against other games go; of course. But the premise of this game (Stage-based beat-em up) actually has a place in the market right now as older styled, retro-feel games are coming back into fashion. They just need to inject some time and a decent team into re-utilizing the assets.

game was dead before then. advertisements always been the issue because new players can't find the game, what's content matter when everyone already quit?

Quote from: daluzman123 on December 27, 2016, 03:16:38 AM
If only someone had a large sum of money that can be freely invested into reviving Boutcheetah.

If only someone.

never really been the issue
DISCORD killyzkill

daluzman123

Quote from: Yz on December 27, 2016, 06:21:21 AM
Quote from: Bluepatchx on December 27, 2016, 12:43:35 AM

game was dead before then. advertisements always been the issue because new players can't find the game, what's content matter when everyone already quit?

Quote from: daluzman123 on December 27, 2016, 03:16:38 AM

If only someone.

never really been the issue

Having someone with the money to invest will surely encourage other people to revive what was once dead.

I was looking towards re-creating a bots; as I've already contacted a few programmers and server hosters and a single investor, but the files are missing a client so I'm awaiting information regarding the next step.

There's a lot of people whom would love to play bots acclaim, but don't know there's boutcheetah, nor bots.zylon

Bluepatchx

You wouldn't be allowed to brand it as "Bots Acclaim"  even if you got your team together. It's a copyrighted name and logo. Granted it went under and was bought out by another company, you still wouldn't be allowed to brand it as that.

Also, it requires a bit more than just programmers and a server host. You need a modeler/animator, gfx artist, etc. It's much more complex than most people imagine. If you don't have someone who knows what they're doing, you end up with a very messed up game with broken functionality (take a look at the Dark Meto Gun as an example)

And as I said in my previous post; you need to make this game into something more than what it currently is. You need to look into other engines, dev software, etc. (which costs a lot.)  As it stands, the nostalgia of this game won't give you the income required to run it permanently. Also, an investor is only good for starting it up - no investor will place money into something that doesn't give back.

In other words, if you want something that will survive on it's own and become self sufficient, you will be making a game from scratch. And even with dedicated supporters, it will take a good year or two. Otherwise you're throwing money down a bottomless hole and it becomes a lengthy and very painful venture.

daluzman123

December 28, 2016, 03:40:18 AM #13 Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:43:20 AM by daluzman123
Quote from: Bluepatchx on December 28, 2016, 02:12:18 AM
You wouldn't be allowed to brand it as "Bots Acclaim"  even if you got your team together. It's a copyrighted name and logo. Granted it went under and was bought out by another company, you still wouldn't be allowed to brand it as that.

Also, it requires a bit more than just programmers and a server host. You need a modeler/animator, gfx artist, etc. It's much more complex than most people imagine. If you don't have someone who knows what they're doing, you end up with a very messed up game with broken functionality (take a look at the Dark Meto Gun as an example)

And as I said in my previous post; you need to make this game into something more than what it currently is. You need to look into other engines, dev software, etc. (which costs a lot.)  As it stands, the nostalgia of this game won't give you the income required to run it permanently. Also, an investor is only good for starting it up - no investor will place money into something that doesn't give back.

In other words, if you want something that will survive on it's own and become self sufficient, you will be making a game from scratch. And even with dedicated supporters, it will take a good year or two. Otherwise you're throwing money down a bottomless hole and it becomes a lengthy and very painful venture.

I've managed a lot of projects which have created a lot of bridges of connections, so none of this will be of concern, nor issue.

Also, I know that bots acclaim is copyrighted, It was just that people know "Bots" as "Bots Acclaim".

If I have a lot more free time after closing out of a few business deals, I'll invest quite a bit into creating a proper game that won't die after a couple of year(s).

Depending on how you market and "sell" a game to people, it may last a life time, but I digress.

The main topic is that the game Allie invested her time in, is dying.

Edit: What I just noticed is that when someone creates a "Is this game dead" thread, the whole forums gets a lot more active, and then it dies once again.

Bluepatchx

December 28, 2016, 04:27:22 AM #14 Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:29:24 AM by Bluepatchx
Cool. I'm just saying it's a lot more complex than what most people think. Was really just throwing my two cents in because I've been in this industry for a little over 8 years.

And it's pretty awesome, you've worked on so many projects at 20 :) kudos to you. Must be impressive what you've got on your resumé lol.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-