April 23, 2024, 10:48:09 AMLatest Member: BadKing2
BoutCheetah » Forum » BoutCheetah Community » General Discussion » Why did BC die ?

Why did BC die ?

Started by Killer454, December 26, 2016, 06:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caspian

Also the team behind the game must be able to work together at the highest levels or it will break down eventually.
Dedicated BOTS player

Member and guild leader of Elysium.

daluzman123

Quote from: Bluepatchx on December 28, 2016, 04:27:22 AM
Cool. I'm just saying it's a lot more complex than what most people think. Was really just throwing my two cents in because I've been in this industry for a little over 8 years.

And it's pretty awesome, you've worked on so many projects at 20 :) kudos to you. Must be impressive what you've got on your resumé lol.

It's ironic that you state that.

I've taken off any projects in which I contributed to in any kind off all my resumes as it didn't seem to make a difference in impact when it came down to if I had my diploma from highschool.

Corporations are really stingy regarding education so I've just continued to stay freelance as a lot of people don't ask for a resume.

I'm sure if the "team" behind the game came back from being MIA there may be a movement towards repopulating the game.

Bluepatchx

December 28, 2016, 06:25:56 AM #17 Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:28:25 AM by Bluepatchx
Still, free-lancing so much that you're confident in your connections at 20 should mean you're guaranteed a job in no time. So I'd put them back on the resumé, it'll show your diversity in skill.

A little secret about this industry: Skill/expertise > a high school / uni degree.

Not to say that a degree isn't worth anything, but what you learn in theory in a classroom for 4 years can be learned in 6 years of hard work. Plus experience out weighs any paper theory you have. I only did my degree because it's nice to say you've got a "Masters of Science in Game and Play Theory"  lol.
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

daluzman123

Quote from: Bluepatchx on December 28, 2016, 06:25:56 AM
Still, free-lancing so much that you're confident in your connections at 20 should mean you're guaranteed a job in no time. So I'd put them back on the resumé, it'll show your diversity in skill.

A little secret about this industry: Skill/expertise > a high school / uni degree.

Not to say that a degree isn't worth anything, but what you learn in theory in a classroom for 4 years can be learned in 6 years of hard work. Plus experience out weighs any paper theory you have. I only did my degree because it's nice to say you've got a "Masters of Science in Game and Play Theory"  lol.

Ha.

I was looking for a best-buy job, and they said I'd be an asset to the company and I aced all the interviews, however I got outweighed by someone with a frigging G.E.D!

Oh well, let's hope BC becomes alive again.

Bluepatchx

Though a Best Buy recruitment req. would be vastly different to any requirement in the gaming industry. They're looking for different skill sets entirely. But yeah, sucks lol

Pokeh

Quote from: hawk5005 on December 26, 2016, 10:26:48 AM
People nowadays go for big games with shiny graphics
Yeah like Minecraft

Meteor

(click to show/hide)

unseengamer

Quote from: Bluepatchx on December 28, 2016, 02:12:18 AM
You wouldn't be allowed to brand it as "Bots Acclaim"  even if you got your team together. It's a copyrighted name and logo. Granted it went under and was bought out by another company, you still wouldn't be allowed to brand it as that.

Also, it requires a bit more than just programmers and a server host. You need a modeler/animator, gfx artist, etc. It's much more complex than most people imagine. If you don't have someone who knows what they're doing, you end up with a very messed up game with broken functionality (take a look at the Dark Meto Gun as an example)

And as I said in my previous post; you need to make this game into something more than what it currently is. You need to look into other engines, dev software, etc. (which costs a lot.)  As it stands, the nostalgia of this game won't give you the income required to run it permanently. Also, an investor is only good for starting it up - no investor will place money into something that doesn't give back.

In other words, if you want something that will survive on it's own and become self sufficient, you will be making a game from scratch. And even with dedicated supporters, it will take a good year or two. Otherwise you're throwing money down a bottomless hole and it becomes a lengthy and very painful venture.
Sooooo should we use the unreal engine 4 and rebuild this game from ground up? :p  do things how they need to be with coding people wrote from start not editing lines of code like now :P   make the game look way better with the UR4 engine, Yes it will take some time. but with the right team, and Motiviation, I can almost be positive that the game would take back off again.

Bluepatchx

Quote from: unseengamer on December 31, 2016, 11:29:44 PM
Sooooo should we use the unreal engine 4 and rebuild this game from ground up? :p  do things how they need to be with coding people wrote from start not editing lines of code like now :P   make the game look way better with the UR4 engine, Yes it will take some time. but with the right team, and Motiviation, I can almost be positive that the game would take back off again.

Full explanation:
(click to show/hide)

TL;DR
Lots of effort. Many nights of no sleep. Need people who like working with each other

Optimism

Quote from: daluzman123 on December 28, 2016, 03:40:18 AM
Quote from: Bluepatchx on December 28, 2016, 02:12:18 AM
You wouldn't be allowed to brand it as "Bots Acclaim"  even if you got your team together. It's a copyrighted name and logo. Granted it went under and was bought out by another company, you still wouldn't be allowed to brand it as that.

Also, it requires a bit more than just programmers and a server host. You need a modeler/animator, gfx artist, etc. It's much more complex than most people imagine. If you don't have someone who knows what they're doing, you end up with a very messed up game with broken functionality (take a look at the Dark Meto Gun as an example)

And as I said in my previous post; you need to make this game into something more than what it currently is. You need to look into other engines, dev software, etc. (which costs a lot.)  As it stands, the nostalgia of this game won't give you the income required to run it permanently. Also, an investor is only good for starting it up - no investor will place money into something that doesn't give back.

In other words, if you want something that will survive on it's own and become self sufficient, you will be making a game from scratch. And even with dedicated supporters, it will take a good year or two. Otherwise you're throwing money down a bottomless hole and it becomes a lengthy and very painful venture.

I've managed a lot of projects which have created a lot of bridges of connections, so none of this will be of concern, nor issue.

Also, I know that bots acclaim is copyrighted, It was just that people know "Bots" as "Bots Acclaim".

If I have a lot more free time after closing out of a few business deals, I'll invest quite a bit into creating a proper game that won't die after a couple of year(s).

Depending on how you market and "sell" a game to people, it may last a life time, but I digress.

The main topic is that the game Allie invested her time in, is dying.

Edit: What I just noticed is that when someone creates a "Is this game dead" thread, the whole forums gets a lot more active, and then it dies once again.

I remember a few years back we hunted down the CFO of the company that bought the original copyright from Acclaim (Orange Games) and attempted to purchase that copyright after we saw their initiatives with the game were heading very southward. He didn't respond to our offer on Facebook >.>.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Yz

very possible he thought it was a scam ^ fb pages get offers all the time. such a sad way for that saga to end though
DISCORD killyzkill

Zeromartu

Hey everyone!
Today I came back after a few years to see if something has changed. I noticed that the game was almost dead. I remember the good times with full servers, etc. and I just want to say that maybe STEAM is a good solution. There are lots of people looking for something F2P and I think that with all the recommendation system it has and all the people that surf the store, there is still a chance to get this game alive again. I read that Daluzman123 said something about remaking the game. It would be a big opportunity to put it in the market with other F2P games! Now BC is a bit hidden: If you don't really know that the game existed as BOTS!! or someone has told you about it, you will hardly find it.
I'm not into developing and stuff so this is just a noob suggestion. I'd really like to see a remake of this game on steam's frontpage as a recommendation, new players will come and surely old players would like to taste it again.
Note: sorry if my english is not accurate ;D.
Have a good day!

Bluepatchx

Quote from: Zeromartu on January 24, 2017, 02:56:47 PM
Hey everyone!
Today I came back after a few years to see if something has changed. I noticed that the game was almost dead. I remember the good times with full servers, etc. and I just want to say that maybe STEAM is a good solution. There are lots of people looking for something F2P and I think that with all the recommendation system it has and all the people that surf the store, there is still a chance to get this game alive again. I read that Daluzman123 said something about remaking the game. It would be a big opportunity to put it in the market with other F2P games! Now BC is a bit hidden: If you don't really know that the game existed as BOTS!! or someone has told you about it, you will hardly find it.
I'm not into developing and stuff so this is just a noob suggestion. I'd really like to see a remake of this game on steam's frontpage as a recommendation, new players will come and surely old players would like to taste it again.
Note: sorry if my english is not accurate ;D.
Have a good day!

Can't for legal reasons.

hawk5005

It wouldn't be the first private server to hit steam.

drake222

Did Bc fully die because I can't even log in it just shows me logging in forever and doesn't load

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-