April 23, 2024, 09:43:39 AMLatest Member: BadKing2
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » League of Legends

League of Legends

Started by Xx Itz Ian, October 24, 2012, 10:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yz

^i disagree, thresh does everything, his kit is overloaded and everyone in d1 thinks riot messed up when they made him. morgana is only op when you hit every binding, but if someones good enough to hit every binding they are good enough to play thresh to the level where he's just the best. no other support can save teammates like he can

Quote from: HyperShadic6 on May 05, 2014, 05:49:39 PM
Not true. It depends on your adc. Thresh is good for someone who dies really easily, like ezreal, but for someone who can manage a little by themselves thresh isn't as useful. Besides, blitzcrank has better grab, and knock airborne, and deals a **** tonne of dmg with ult. Soraka is also op, mainly because she can silence, but she is also very useful for champions who have a low mana pool, and base themselves around mana (omg I'm becoming my brother T.T )

blitzcrank blows and is aids, all he has is a pull really everything else in his kit sucks. as a support his ult should have been better utility. thresh is infinitely better because he brings everything more to the team that blitz doesn't. blitz is a classic ban in bronze 5-3 and never anymore after, soraka is good but nowhere near op status for support
DISCORD killyzkill

spiderstar

Both Thresh and Morgana have their pros and cons.

Morgana Pros:
-Her bind has good damage + a long snare
-Shield is basically an anti CC against Leona + Thresh stuns (although I believe Thresh can still go in on you and flay)
-Ulti is mobile + can zhonays with it and still be active
-Taking the AP gold item (I forgot the name) is really effective with morg cause it's just easy af to proc it with her W.
-If you land a bind on an incoming jungler it makes the gank a lot harder for your opponents due to its long duration.

Cons:
-If you don't land your binds, you're pretty much useless except for your ult.
-Some champs have a pretty easy time getting out of her ult (Lee Sin, Ziggs, etc)
-If you time your shield incorrectly then it's also pretty much useless.
-As mentioned in the bullet above, you have to time well with Morg if you're against a good support who understands Morg's shield.
-Not really an "all in" type of champion who can just hard engage unless you flash ulti.

Thresh
Pros:
-Autos hurt with E passive
-YOU CAN GRAB HIS MOTHER FKING LANTERN
-His hook is also a slight stun
-If opponent is hooked you can time it appropriately to make the duration longer by pressing Q again and then flaying.
-Great disengage with E as well as ult
-Great engage with his Q-Q-R and then E the enemies into the walls.

Cons:
-Similar to Morg, if you miss your hooks it can be crucial due to the fact that your hooks are on a rather long CD.
-His lantern doesn't protect from CC but it compensates by allowing other champs to grab the lantern into safety.
-For some reason, people really don't like grabbing the lantern....
-Ulti isn't mobile
-It's very tempting to go all in as a Thresh but if you play it wrong, then it can be a crucial mistake for your team.

I think both supports are very strong in their own ways.
I personally prefer a Thresh support when I play adc because most people who suck at landing hooks are at least knowledgeable of this and therefore compensate for it by flaying then hooking.
However, if I play support I prefer Morgana because she can actually carry some games (essentially another AP Mid with the crazy damage output). 
Playing Morg puts me in a better position to carry a game rather than Thresh who is imo better as a utility support champ.

-Speedy-

I like morgana but i find her to get boring after a while. I have never played thresh but if you have someone who can hit there skillshots with him then he can be an op support.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

FalseProphet

I play on EU West, feel free to add me. DevilzNextOfKiN
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^ / FalseProphet

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Yz

eh, everyone loving morgana then you get sad when you remember no one played her until she was played in LCS to counter leona. there was no reason for her to spike in popularity when she's been this strong for so long so i feel she's way more on the fotm side of things
DISCORD killyzkill

Pein

i'm thinking about coming to lol's forum

Yz

Quote from: Pein on May 07, 2014, 05:14:53 AM
i'm thinking about coming to lol's forum

none of us really go there, but i know they're all really angsty and if you call them wrong about anything they flip ****. go over there and call anyone OP and every1 will yell at u
DISCORD killyzkill

sirhamtaro

morg support has been good for a year or two
just unconventional
unconventional can be hard to do when people will bash you for it
so now that pro's play it we can play it
same with everything
happens when the pros do it
like how xpeke played kass
after worlds it was permabanned (tho it was strong) >_<
this is how people think
sadly

Yz

Quote from: sirhamtaro on May 07, 2014, 06:51:05 AM
morg support has been good for a year or two
just unconventional
unconventional can be hard to do when people will bash you for it
so now that pro's play it we can play it
same with everything
happens when the pros do it
like how xpeke played kass
after worlds it was permabanned (tho it was strong) >_<
this is how people think
sadly

shit game :(
DISCORD killyzkill

Cooky

really amazing video  a must watch for league of legends fans

Frame of Mind - Cinematic League Montage

spiderstar

Quote from: Cooky on May 07, 2014, 10:23:23 AM
really amazing video  a must watch for league of legends fans

Frame of Mind - Cinematic League Montage

Pretty cool, nice post Cooksters.

Favorite play (mainly cause I was there :P):

Favorite Video by Riot (Much Airbender Nostalgia):

::)  TSM Highlight #1

Ramk1ng

i like the video cooks, looks good ( i know its not urs) ehm, so any1 got some tips or tricks / opinions about miss fortune / jinx?

I already know my way around with miss fortune ( adc mainly) but jinx took my interest when she was free to play, anyone?

Yz

Quote from: Ramk1ng on May 08, 2014, 12:03:10 PM
i like the video cooks, looks good ( i know its not urs) ehm, so any1 got some tips or tricks / opinions about miss fortune / jinx?

I already know my way around with miss fortune ( adc mainly) but jinx took my interest when she was free to play, anyone?

whats ur ign and on what serv? ill see if i can give u any tips based on how uve been building them
DISCORD killyzkill

Ramk1ng

Quote from: Yz on May 08, 2014, 12:13:05 PM
Quote from: Ramk1ng on May 08, 2014, 12:03:10 PM

whats ur ign and on what serv? ill see if i can give u any tips based on how uve been building them

ign same as here Ramk1ng

i play on eu west but ill be able to play tomorrow in 20 hours from now or tonight after 4 hours

Madprox

I love Thresh waaayyyy more than Morgana.
I also hear from others (silver/gold div) that they say Thresh is the better support to have mainly for the crazy possible ganks with flash/lantern/hook.

Also, SICK play by Faker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvchSpF5cRc

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-