March 29, 2024, 05:43:36 AMLatest Member: BlueFox
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Updates » New Feature: Weekly Events & Customization Update

New Feature: Weekly Events & Customization Update

Started by Allie, November 16, 2015, 02:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluepatchx

November 26, 2015, 09:53:58 AM #60 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:44:18 AM by Bluepatchx
Again, the point of these new sets being dropped with a possibility of 'not' being your Bots part is all part of the gamble. You'd actually want to consider getting more than 1 set over all, that way you can have 1 set for grinding, 1 set for raiding and 1 set for pvp, for example. Whether it be in the same bot type or all 3 sets for 1 bot type.

Feeling bad is a matter of opinion. There's nothing stopping you from using a TC and converting into the armour, and the back. Sure, it takes time and gigas or ZC to get the TC's, but it's possible. This set is not designed to be 'easy to get'. The Stat choice you have makes it a really unique opportunity, and just because it's not handed on a silver platter to players,  does not directly mean it needs to be fixed to be so. It's only equivalent  to RT2 stats, and for that reason, the means in which players can ascertain this armour is fairly well balanced.
- - - - - My portfolio: http://jsvanbreda.cynderian.com/ - - - - - 

Allie

Not to stop the conversation, but feel free to continue debating.
We're paying attention to your feedback.

power1surge

Quote from: asmit10 on November 26, 2015, 09:30:04 AM
I think almost everyone would agree that giving out things easily doesn't make the game fun in the long term. I don't think that's what players want.

Look at the situation that was brought up, though.

"I got a part that I can't use. Please fix."

Let's say it's a 3% chance to get one of the armor set parts.

That's someone getting the wrong part 2 times before he gets the right part (in theory). This makes the player feel bad when they get the reward, despite it supposedly being a cool prize, before they finally get a part that they can use. That's how it works now.

Or you could set the drop rate to 1%, and make it automatically match your bot type. Then it takes the same amount of time (in theory), and the player never has to feel bad for getting something they can't use.

I think the same broda  ;D :D >_<
the period of time is not what makes it fun to play, but the new items since very long time ago that there is, and when there is still so much to acquire complicate lose your grace. I'm one of those players who really goes active because it is the only game I play I like. But there are many times in the game, even if it hurts gets boring as there are no new things and when there are complicating enough. I think to make an event of a very long term, and still with a percentage of 0.03% luck it will not make people return to the game. I do not mean with intent to offend or I say I do not like the event I am very grateful, and I say it as a personal opinon and active and loyal player "Among the few players that is becoming"
I think you can make things a lot better since they have demonstrated several times: D

asmit10

Quote from: Bluepatchx on November 26, 2015, 09:53:58 AM
This set is not designed to be 'easy to get'. The Stat choice you have makes it a really unique opportunity, and just because it's not handed on a silver platter to players,  does not directly mean it needs to be fixed to be so.

Let's examine the situation you presented, good sir.

Why it's better for the game as a whole if a change is made

1. Laying it out

(click to show/hide)

2. Current setup

(click to show/hide)

3. The setup that i'm suggesting

(click to show/hide)

4. Conclusion

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

Bluepatchx

November 26, 2015, 11:33:22 AM #64 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:44:03 AM by Bluepatchx
I don't entirely agree with that analysis, but as Allie has said, it's all being taken into consideration. I was merely pointing out the thought process behind the current system :

"The point of these new sets being dropped with a possibility of 'not' being your Bots part is all part of the gamble......"

ZeXeZ

After 2 weeks of this Event, its time to post my opinion:

1. Make it so we can get our bot type parts. If people want other bot type sets they will use tc to change them.
2. As Allie said its a rare armour, but the first week there was at least 4 people if not more, who got 1 part. The drop rate should be drastically lowered.
3. Limit the drops to:
New armour (3% drop)
Exchange coupon (7% drop)
Gigas coupon (70% drop)
Transform coupon (5% drop)
Snowball (15% drop)
(Dont need to flood the game with lots of items).
4. Add a recolour option to meto gun, and lanterman trans.
5. Rename it to quest or challenge, events have there own dates and this is perm feature.
6. Add a lobby command of @event (@quest/@challenge). Allie confirmed that theres gona be way to do that on forums, but not everyone uses the forum, and in game option would be more convenient.

This would make it more interesting, but it would be a pain to add in lol, but any way its just an idea:
Getting chests from the same level over and over reminds me of gora grind. I would love to see 30 random challenges that would cycle each moth.
Example: You log in on Monday type @event and it shows that today yo have to kill 10 codes in 17 map, you do it and 1 out of 4 days this week is complete. Then you log on Tuesday and see that today you have to destroy 20 barrels on map 121, you do it and 2 out of 4 days are done. And etc.
Those wont be set to repeat with the same frequency, and the challenge could be repeated twice in a week or even more.

I m really enjoying that admins finally got back to bc, and trying to improve it. Thank you :)

power1surge

The set is the maximum +8?
OMG Im too much happy  ;D :D :P

Bluepatchx

+1 --> +8 is just a naming convention. Just allows it to be different stat sets. It doesn't mean +1 is better than a +8 set, for example.

alexaguila

ok so im having trouble with the event in the low server I've played more than 50 games already since Wednesday and not a single chest has dropped is it just because I have terrible luck or because I finish the stage to fast or maybe because im using this new arm??
Any help will be greatly appreciated

IGN's High: OG Aguila (Silence), OG God Kush (Silence II), PT AGUILA

IGN's Low: RDT Aguila (Redtopia), DesertEagle

My Shop: https://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?action=marketplace;channel=0;ma=viewshop;shop=4911205

Allie

Quote from: alexaguila on December 04, 2015, 04:37:05 PM
ok so im having trouble with the event in the low server I've played more than 50 games already since Wednesday and not a single chest has dropped is it just because I have terrible luck or because I finish the stage to fast or maybe because im using this new arm??

This has been fixed.
It was a bug that needed to be reported.
You're a little late though. Even if you do today/tomorrow/sunday you won't have enough.

ZeXeZ

Quote from: Allie on December 04, 2015, 05:04:25 PM
Quote from: alexaguila on December 04, 2015, 04:37:05 PM

This has been fixed.
It was a bug that needed to be reported.
You're a little late though. Even if you do today/tomorrow/sunday you won't have enough.

that was a bug so... give him a prize? and can you post the trans forms of the new sets, thanks

alexaguila

Thank you allie I was able to get all of them today now, I cant remember if I got Monday if so ill be able to make it

[/quote]

that was a bug so... give him a prize? and can you post the trans forms of the new sets, thanks
[/quote]

Thx for the back up exe
IGN's High: OG Aguila (Silence), OG God Kush (Silence II), PT AGUILA

IGN's Low: RDT Aguila (Redtopia), DesertEagle

My Shop: https://boutcheetah.zylongaming.com/index.php?action=marketplace;channel=0;ma=viewshop;shop=4911205

Bubbabear

What about all the other bugs in previous times, or the bugs/glitches in raids which allow people to get their sets.. if they are just bugs shall we just revoke more people's sets, if the case is we are also rewarding for those who missed out on stuff because of bugs?

As-well as this you need to factor in there may not be a way of checking who actually tried earning chests, and may just make up an excuse or lie saying they were playing also and got no rewards.
"Time Heals Almost Everything, Give The Time, Some Time"
IGN: LordBubba / Bubbabear ^^

Quote"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

opuiq3

Quote from: Bubbabear on December 05, 2015, 02:30:57 AM
What about all the other bugs in previous times, or the bugs/glitches in raids which allow people to get their sets.. if they are just bugs shall we just revoke more people's sets, if the case is we are also rewarding for those who missed out on stuff because of bugs?

As-well as this you need to factor in there may not be a way of checking who actually tried earning chests, and may just make up an excuse or lie saying they were playing also and got no rewards.

Allie could always just check logs, but yeah i agree with the first part.

^yw allie

Robocop7ant

This event.... why the fck do i get so crappy prizes?

check the logs , 1 snowball last week , and 1 this week.. random wow...
<br />

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-