May 01, 2024, 09:21:28 AMLatest Member: Dragunov
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Oh King...

Oh King...

Started by Optimism, January 01, 2011, 02:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 01, 2011, 11:38:52 PM
...if he knows your future, he knows your path; therefore, he knows whatever decision you make before you make it. Thus, you have no free will, as it is pre-determined. If you can't understand this, then I'm sorry.

Only certain facets of life lack absolute truth. The mechanisms of action of select medications have been documented as absolute truth. If you're dying of a heart attack, beta blockers/nitrate/ace inhibitors, etc. will be given to save your life.

I zoned out and accidentally put my response in your post. Fail lulz.

It is not predetermined.
Just because He CAN control my next move doesn't mean He WILL. Although He knows my next step, He will allow me to put my foot down as though He had never known. Just because He knows what I will do doesn't mean hes controlling it. Do you understand..?

Allie

Quote from: Xrow on January 01, 2011, 11:58:05 PM
It is not predetermined.
Just because He CAN control my next move doesn't mean He WILL. Although He knows my next step, He will allow me to put my foot down as though He had never known. Just because He knows what I will do doesn't mean hes controlling it. Do you understand..?

YOU'RE NOT RESPECTING HIS AUTHORITY BY CAPITALIZING HIS "He's".
>:\
Xrow is turning atheist.

Optimism

January 02, 2011, 12:05:35 AM #17 Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:15:14 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on January 01, 2011, 11:58:05 PM
It is not predetermined.

You're failing to understand this concept. Because he knows what you are going to do, it is predetermined. There aren't two choices, because he knows what route you will choose. This meaning, in reality, there is only one path -- the path he knows you will take. Therefore, you have no free will. There is no choice. It is a paradox. If he knows your decision, there is no decision to make. There aren't two paths if there is foreknowledge of your choice -- only one path.

I'm thinking about touching a metal bar. Because god is all knowing, he knows whether I will or will not touch this bar. Therefore, there is no free will if there is foreknowledge of the decision I will make. He knows this decision, and, because of this, the alternate choice would NEVER have been made. There is no such thing as free will, if you believe in Yaweh.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 12:05:35 AM
You're failing to understand this concept. Because he knows what you are going to do, it is predetermined. There aren't two choices, because he knows what route you will choose. This meaning, in reality, there is only one path -- the path he knows you will take. Therefore, you have no free will. There is no choice. It is a paradox. If he knows your decision, there is no decision to make. There aren't two paths if there is foreknowledge of your choice -- only one path.

I'm thinking about touching a metal bar. Because god is all knowing, he knows whether I will or will not touch this bar. Therefore, there is no free will if there is foreknowledge of the decision I will make. He knows this decision, and, because of this, the alternate choice would NEVER have been made.

Ur queer!
Knowing =/= contolling!!
Just because He KNOWS you have crabs doesn't mean He CONTROLS your contraction of it! GET IT?!?!??!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!r?!?1?!?!?!?
Predetermined is an incorrect term, foreknown is correct. D:<

"I'm thinking about touching a metal bar. Because god is all knowing, he knows whether I will or will not touch this bar. Therefore, there is no free will if there is foreknowledge of the decision I will make. He knows this decision, and, because of this, the alternate choice would NEVER have been made."

He knows whether or not you will touch it based on your decision to touch it or not. He knows you will choose to touch it, therefore He knows you will touch it. If you were to choose not to touch it, He then would know that you would not touch it.
UNDORSTAEND?
Just admit your wrong ya queer ;3.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 12:20:19 AM
Ur queer!
Knowing =/= contolling!!
Just because He KNOWS you have crabs doesn't mean He CONTROLS your contraction of it! GET IT?!?!??!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!r?!?1?!?!?!?
Predetermined is an incorrect term, foreknown is correct. D:<

"I'm thinking about touching a metal bar. Because god is all knowing, he knows whether I will or will not touch this bar. Therefore, there is no free will if there is foreknowledge of the decision I will make. He knows this decision, and, because of this, the alternate choice would NEVER have been made."

He knows whether or not you will touch it based on your decision to touch it or not. He knows you will choose to touch it, therefore He knows you will touch it. If you were to choose not to touch it, He then would know that you would not touch it.
UNDORSTAEND?
Just admit your wrong ya queer ;3.

So does he know two decisions? No, there is only one decision that he knows; therefore that decision is predetermined. Always. Therefore, you do not have free-will. Ever.

He knows of ONE choice you will make and one choice only.

http://faiz.kera.la/2008/09/22/the-paradox-of-free-will/
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Nooo noo noo sir, we have already established that He is omniscient, therefore He knows ALL POSSIBLE decisions.

On top of this, He ALLOWS all possible decisions as well.

But the only outcome is the one you decide on.

Now, He also knows that you would decide on this outcome, regardless of the others.

But He did NOT dictate this outcome, you did.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 12:28:05 AM
Nooo noo noo sir, we have already established that He is omniscient, therefore He knows ALL POSSIBLE decisions.

On top of this, He ALLOWS all possible decisions as well.

But the only outcome is the one you decide on.

Now, He also knows that you would decide on this outcome, regardless of the others.

But He did NOT dictate this outcome, you did.

So if he knows everything before I am born, why should I live my life? Why not send me straight to heaven or hell? This is the paradox...you have no free will, as your life is already understood as complete by god. ONLY one decision could be made throughout your life with regard to each circumstance. God knows what you will do before you do it. There is no "choice". There is only what will occur if an omniscient god exists.

You are born and pre-destined to enter heaven or hell. Simple.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Allie

its a big universe
i wish i could care for 7 billion people while making planets and stars and taking care of quadrillions upon quadrillions of other life forms out there at once

Xrow

Allie

ur dumb opti
i have amazing logic that makes no sense but ur dumb opti

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 12:32:38 AM
Opti your dumb ;|

Answer. Why not just send me to hell or heaven?

I'm god. You think you have options. I put your decision in a hat each and every time before you make a decision. Then I reveal this decision to you after you complete your "choice". I'm correct everytime. Do you have free will? No, because I already know what you are going to do before you do it...

Thus, I created you either damned or saved. If pre-destination exists, free-will does NOT exist. If god exists, by logic, free will does not exist due to his omniscient. It is labeled as a paradox for reasons you still fail to understand.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

HEY-O!

So your life is predestined and you have no free will?
If this is true of an Omniscient God, why would He force you to turn from Him to atheism?
Not because HE chose to, but because YOU chose to.

= free will.

Allie

Xrow can't read Opti.
Give up.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 12:36:29 AM
HEY-O!

So your life is predestined and you have no free will?
If this is true of an Omniscient God, why would He force you to turn from Him to atheism?
Not because HE chose to, but because YOU chose to.

= free will.

Exactly, King? Why would he? This is a common contradiction to religion. Why would god pre-destine someone to be damned or saved? I only have choice if god doesn't know the answer...how can you not grasp this?

QuoteIf he really has the knowledge of everything, he knows how our life is going to start, how we are going to live that and how that is going to end. He is aware of the complex decision tree that we are going to traverse in our life and if his knowledge is complete in all the sense, he knows the leaf node of the tree at which our life will finally end. So if he is all knowing, we do not have free will. We are just the actors of the play written and directed by him...

There is only one future. If there were two, then god wouldn't be all-knowing. You are bound by this one future. Because there is only one future an alternate decision was never a possibility. If it were, there would be two futures and god would have the probability of being incorrect, which is contradictory.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 12:34:39 AM
Answer. Why not just send me to hell or heaven?
Because thats your choice to make. He knows your choice, but He will not choose it for you. Understand?

I'm god. You think you have options. I put your decision in a hat each and every time before you make a decision. Ah, indeed. But it is still MY DECISION (flaw in your argument there), and thus I used free will to choose it. Then I reveal this decision to you after you complete your "choice". I'm correct everytime. Do you have free will? No, because I already know what you are going to do before you do it...

Thus, I created you either damned or saved. If pre-destination exists, free-will does NOT exist. If god exists, by logic, free will does not exist due to his omniscient. It is labeled as a paradox for reasons you still fail to understand.
Ah, untrue. God created us knowing whether or not we will follow Him, thus whether or not we will be damned or saved. He didn't choose for us to accept or deny Him, but He allowed us the means with which to make our own choice on the matter.

Answer me this, Opti. If Christianity is correct, are you damned or saved?

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-