May 01, 2024, 09:23:21 AMLatest Member: Dragunov
BoutCheetah » Forum » Other » Off Topic » Oh King...

Oh King...

Started by Optimism, January 01, 2011, 02:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimism

January 02, 2011, 12:45:42 AM #30 Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:48:37 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 12:42:19 AM
Exactly, King? Why would he? This is a common contradiction to religion. Why would god pre-destine someone to be damned or saved? I only have choice if god doesn't know the answer...how can you not grasp this?

There is only one future. If there were two, then god wouldn't be all-knowing. You are bound by this one future. Because there is only one future an alternate decision was never a possibility. If it were, there would be two futures and god would have the probability of being incorrect, which is contradictory.

View the bold (apparently you can't make this correlation -- regardless if it is my decision outside of gods plan, only one future exits, meaning, I HAVE NO FREE WILL). If two futures exist, god is not omniscient (contradiction, although here, I would have free will). Undeniable. A god associated with any religion isn't possible (its 100 percent refutable, as stated previously). The paradox of the garden; the paradox of free will; the paradox of unconditional love; etc. Contradiction=fallacy=not true.
- Opti -
- Sanctuary Founder | PvP King -
- Retired -

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 12:45:42 AM
View the bold. Undeniable. A god associated with any religion isn't possible (its 100 percent refutable, as stated previously). The paradox of the garden; the paradox of free will; the paradox of unconditional love; etc. Contradiction=fallacy=not true.

Of course there is only one future, but multiple decisions are made in order to reach whatever this future is, and thus there are many possible futures.

All of these futures are possible, but only one is actual BECAUSE of the choices YOU MAKE.
Although God knows the actual one, he is did not PREDESTINE it!

Optimism

January 02, 2011, 01:02:27 AM #32 Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:06:04 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 01:00:03 AM
Of course there is only one future, but multiple decisions are made in order to reach whatever this future is, and thus there are many possible futures.

All of these futures are possible, but only one is actual BECAUSE of the choices YOU MAKE.
Although God knows the actual one, he is did not PREDESTINE it!

You've just failed. There, lies the paradox. If there are indeed multiple futures, then god is not all knowing (omniscient). He would have to guess at what you will do. However, because god knows what you will do, there is only one future, not many. Thus, he is all knowing and you, friend, lack free will.

Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 12:45:42 AM
View the bold (apparently you can't make this correlation -- regardless if it is my decision outside of gods plan, only one future exits, meaning, I HAVE NO FREE WILL). If two futures exist, god is not omniscient (contradiction, although here, I would have free will). Undeniable. A god associated with any religion isn't possible (its 100 percent refutable, as stated previously). The paradox of the garden; the paradox of free will; the paradox of unconditional love; etc. Contradiction=fallacy=not true.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 01:02:27 AM
You've just failed. There, lies the paradox. If there are indeed multiple futures, then god is not all knowing (omniscient). He would have to guess at what you will do. However, because god knows what you will do, there is only one future, not many. Thus, he is all knowing and you, friend, lack free will.

You are stupid >_>.
First of all, I am not stupid, which is why I said POSSIBLE FUTURES.
Of course there is only one future in the end, but your own choices create it.

Optimism

January 02, 2011, 01:11:15 AM #34 Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:13:18 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 01:09:08 AM
You are stupid >_>.
First of all, I am not stupid, which is why I said POSSIBLE FUTURES.
Of course there is only one future in the end, but your own choices create it.

LoL? The simple fact that you used the word possible (I was hoping you would -- and wow, its in bold, even better), means that this possibility would exist for god as well (god would have to choose between multiple possible futures), WHICH MEANS, he cannot be all knowing (contradiction). But, because god is all knowing, only one possible future exists. Multiple possibilities = statistical chance for incorrectness (fallibility in an infallible god). If god knows the future, then only ONE can exist if this god is all knowing. You must get this by now. Simply because you believe there to be multiple possibilities and thus futures, doesn't mean god sees it this way as well. If he does, this is no god (fallible).
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Wtf are you not getting o.O?
God wouldn't have to choose shit, you would..

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 01:19:25 AM
Wtf are you not getting o.O?
God wouldn't have to choose shit, you would..

One future. One possibility. One choice. Disprove this statement, or you have no free will. If you mention the phrase, multiple possible futures, then you've entered the paradox. God is no longer god.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Opti your honestly being f*cking stupid >_>
Every time you have more than one choice in any matter, there are multiple possible futures.

Here is an example. If you do not understand it after this, I am done.
Example:
You walk into a restaurant, and on the menu are 3 choices. The choices are as such: 1. Bacon, 2. Pancakes, or 3. a Muffin. You consider the options, and choose bacon. After you have eaten the bacon, you leave feeling great, to go on with your life.
Now, although God knew you would choose the bacon, He did not FORCE you to choose the bacon. If you had decided to choose pancakes, He would have known you would have chosen it, but He wouldn't have FORCED you to choose it.
Just because you choose bacon over pancakes doesn't mean God is controlling you. Nothing was stopping you from choosing a muffin or the pancakes.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 01:28:26 AM
Opti your honestly being f*cking stupid >_>
Every time you have more than one choice in any matter, there are multiple possible futures.

Here is an example. If you do not understand it after this, I am done.
Example:
You walk into a restaurant, and on the menu are 3 choices. The choices are as such: 1. Bacon, 2. Pancakes, or 3. a Muffin. You consider the options, and choose bacon. After you have eaten the bacon, you leave feeling great, to go on with your life.
Now, although God knew you would choose the bacon, He did not FORCE you to choose the bacon. If you had decided to choose pancakes, He would have known you would have chosen it, but He wouldn't have FORCED you to choose it.
Just because you choose bacon over pancakes doesn't mean God is controlling you. Nothing was stopping you from choosing a muffin or the pancakes.

Since god knew you would eat the bacon, you only have one future and thus, one possibility (no choice). The muffin and pancakes are irrelevant. You think you have a choice; however, because god knows your choice (one future), those possibilities never existed as viable options. If they were viable, you would have three futures and thus, god would have a 33.333 repeating chance of guessing which you would select. If this is the case, you have free will and god is not god (fallible). You keep forgetting this is a paradox. I've summarized the paradox for you here.

PARADOX

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=692&q=define%3A+paradox&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

No your retarded.
Use your damn brain.

One future doesn't = one possibility.

Optimism

Quote from: Xrow on January 02, 2011, 01:42:14 AM
No your retarded.
Use your damn brain.

One future doesn't = one possibility.

lolwut?
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 01:43:15 AM
lolwut?

It pertains to your former post.

Read queer
"Since god knew you would eat the bacon, you only have one future and thus, one possibility (no choice)."

Optimism

January 02, 2011, 01:51:18 AM #42 Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:54:55 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 01:34:52 AM
Since god knew you would eat the bacon, you only have one future and thus, one possibility (no choice). The muffin and pancakes are irrelevant. You think you have a choice; however, because god knows your choice (one future), those possibilities never existed as viable options. If they were viable, you would have three futures and thus, god would have a 33.333 repeating chance of guessing which you would select. If this is the case, you have free will and god is not god (fallible). You keep forgetting this is a paradox. I've summarized the paradox for you here.

PARADOX

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=692&q=define%3A+paradox&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

You should re-read. Everything you need to know to understand this concept is there. Everything. You need to use the rest of the statement in order to understand that sentence...I took the liberty of italicizing it for you in-case you mis-read, again. If there is one future, there is one possibility when decision making is involved. If not, why not? This is where you fall apart logically.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Xrow

Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 01:34:52 AM
Since god knew you would eat the bacon, you only have one future and thus, one possibility (no choice). NO. You only have one damn future because you only made one damn choice. understand? The muffin and pancakes are irrelevant. Ah, but they are not. They represent other possible choices, and thus other possible futures. The choice you choose represents your future, but as you could only make one choice, you have only one future. You think you have a choice; however, because god knows your choice (one future), those possibilities never existed as viable options. Refer to my former statement. If they were viable, you would have three futures and thus, god would have a 33.333 repeating chance of guessing which you would select. The ****? You would have three POSSIBLE futures, not three ACTUAL futures. If this is the case, you have free will and god is not god (fallible). You keep forgetting this is a paradox. I've summarized the paradox for you here. Not. Looking. At. Link. Because. I. Am. Right.

....Admit. You. Are. Wrong.

Optimism

January 02, 2011, 02:00:51 AM #44 Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:03:57 AM by Optimism
Quote from: Optimism on January 02, 2011, 01:11:15 AM
LoL? The simple fact that you used the word possible (I was hoping you would -- and wow, its in bold, even better), means that this possibility would exist for god as well (god would have to choose between multiple possible futures), WHICH MEANS, he cannot be all knowing (contradiction). But, because god is all knowing, only one possible future exists. Multiple possibilities = statistical chance for incorrectness (fallibility in an infallible god). If god knows the future, then only ONE can exist if this god is all knowing. You must get this by now. Simply because you believe there to be multiple possibilities and thus futures, doesn't mean god sees it this way as well. If he does, this is no god (fallible).

Re-read. I've explained this already. What am I trying to tell you here? Answer this question. If you can't, you aren't entertaining the thought required to understand the concept. I'm serious; answer that question. What is the paradox of free will? The paradox of free will is real. It exists in philosophy. You are refuting something already substantiated. Why? Because you can't understand the concept. If you can repeat it to me in your own words, then you understand it and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Many faithfuls conquer this paradox exists extensively.

You simply denying anything that doesn't fit into your way-of-life. This is unhealthy and prohibits progression of human thought and empathy for fellow man.
- Opti -
- Retired -

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-