April 27, 2024, 05:33:29 PMLatest Member: fsglgsll

Feed back

Started by Kevin, July 24, 2011, 04:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

July 24, 2011, 04:49:27 AM Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:53:02 AM by Kevin
Since there's no feed back section, I'm placing this here. And I'm ranting, if you don't know what a rant is, please find the definition of it before reading. Enjoy.

About the +6 and +7 update.

It's not that I dislike it, okay it is that I dislike it. It's a horrid update and the fact that you (Allie and Opti) felt it was necessary to add such, well it was more than just a bad decision. Now on to why I think it was a bad update. When Elektra came out, the max was ++, okay fair enough. Then later on came the +5 ok fair enough, what in gods name makes you think +7 is high enough? Why not go to +8 or +9 since we're already more than half way there? Go ahead, add on to this horrible update and make everyone happy. The fact that you couldn't simply add new armour is WAY beyond me, HELL let's try to get up to +20 and forget about the model editor that MADE ME (KEVIN) WANT TO COME BACK completely. But hey, that's why you guys are the head honchos right? Heh, Opti and Allie, I like you both alot, and if I didn't tell you how I felt about this, I'd consider myself an ass kisser like back in the Judge_Kevin days, days pass and people grow so if you can't take this little criticism, question your ability to run a private server.

It's ridiculous. It really is.

tl;dr below
1. You couldn't create a new piece of damn armour? Zylongaming: Let's put that AWESOME model editor in the closet and add 16 +'s to armour we already have!
2. You think this benefits our economy? <-- Laugh extra hard
3. This doesn't effect lower armours? The hell it doesn't, you can't control hackers so how the hell do you know. There will be 200 sets in NO TIME. Considering it took me about 20 minutes to find +5, OH YEAH it's a lot more rare. Gtfo with that bs.
4. Taking away the flashing effect.  <-- So people basically spend all of their gigas on the +5 only to be kicked in the nuts, HOW WONDERFUL.
5. You couldn't make a new effect. <--Aren't companies supposed to know how to 'MAKE ADDITIONS' to their game? Maybe that's 2010.

End rage, now for my suggestion:

Make all armour up to +15!!@!%@$

asmit10

Nice.. i wonder why allie / opti hasn't posted ALL the reasons this "benefited" bc. Instead of just saying "we thought it was best"
Quote from: cybercjt on May 27, 2012, 02:27:31 PM
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh
The internet is a great place to grow up. Just make sure you keep growing.

LightRequiem

July 24, 2011, 05:00:54 AM #2 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:03:53 AM by LightRequiem
Hello BoutCheetah community,

The administrators have decided to release both +6 and +7 body, arm and head parts for surge, ram and patch. The release will commence at some point later tonight. The reason for this release, as mentioned in alternate threads, is to repair a somewhat overflowing market with regard to giga amounts. These parts cannot be acquired via drops. Only through the combination of +5 parts can one obtain a +6 part and subsequently, to obtain +7 parts, the combination of three +6 parts must occur. In relation to repairing the market, each combination coupon will now cost 6.5 million gigas to purchase -- this will force an influx of gigas from player to system, reducing outstanding giga amounts throughout the community. In addition to the primary purpose of the release of these parts (market repair), the newly added items also give current high level players additional incentive to play the game -- the acquisition of these new items will be anything but easy.

+1/+2/+3/+4/+5 parts will now have standard effects (no dark shadow or blue flashing effects). Moreover, +6 will now represent the dark shadow effect and +7 will display the blue flashing (blinking) effect  formerly represented by +4 and +5 parts respectively. Because +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 parts are obtained via sector drops, it is only natural that no special effect additions are placed on these parts (none-rares). Given that +6/+7 are substantially harder to obtain, the effects aforesaid are allotted to these items, in large part, due to their rarity. We would have released new effects for each item, preserving the former effects of +4/+5 parts; however, keeping a long story short, the coding elements within the database didn't allow for this. We hope the BoutCheetah community enjoys this substantive update!

Kind Regards,

GM Optimism

asmit10

that's all? that's a very good sentance on why this had to happen.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Yoshi91

They did. If you guys would just read.

Main objective:
1. Reduce/balance the Gigas amount.
2. Have an objective level 200 players can aim to reach.
3. Other stuff I'm too sleepy to remember.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also don't like the removing of the dark and flashing effects from +4/+5 parts.
I suggested earlier (in-game) for modded +6/+7 parts, but I considered it myself and remembered the numbers of armor that than would need modded work on....Plus, Allie didn't reply to that suggestion in the lobby.

asmit10

I hear that they only give +60 stats from +5 .... if that's right then what's the point of getting +7?
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Rossbach

Allie was trying to find a way to deplete all the +5 and came up with this.

Omnomnom eating toast.

asmit10

Quote from: Rossbach on July 24, 2011, 05:09:58 AM
Allie was trying to find a way to deplete all the +5 and came up with this.

... Fail Excuse Is Fail.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Kevin

Quote from: LightRequiem on July 24, 2011, 05:00:54 AM
Hello BoutCheetah community,

The administrators have decided to release both +6 and +7 body, arm and head parts for surge, ram and patch. The release will commence at some point later tonight. The reason for this release, as mentioned in alternate threads, is to repair a somewhat overflowing market with regard to giga amounts. These parts cannot be acquired via drops. Only through the combination of +5 parts can one obtain a +6 part and subsequently, to obtain +7 parts, the combination of three +6 parts must occur. In relation to repairing the market, each combination coupon will now cost 6.5 million gigas to purchase -- this will force an influx of gigas from player to system, reducing outstanding giga amounts throughout the community. In addition to the primary purpose of the release of these parts (market repair), the newly added items also give current high level players additional incentive to play the game -- the acquisition of these new items will be anything but easy.

+1/+2/+3/+4/+5 parts will now have standard effects (no dark shadow or blue flashing effects). Moreover, +6 will now represent the dark shadow effect and +7 will display the blue flashing (blinking) effect  formerly represented by +4 and +5 parts respectively. Because +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 parts are obtained via sector drops, it is only natural that no special effect additions are placed on these parts (none-rares). Given that +6/+7 are substantially harder to obtain, the effects aforesaid are allotted to these items, in large part, due to their rarity. We would have released new effects for each item, preserving the former effects of +4/+5 parts; however, keeping a long story short, the coding elements within the database didn't allow for this. We hope the BoutCheetah community enjoys this substantive update!

Kind Regards,

GM Optimism

@LightRequiem

If Allie and Opti think this is going to help the economy (I mentioned that in my rant in case you didn't read it at all and I'm assuming you didn't seeing as you just copy and pasted) they are insane. Once you get players in the 'billion' rage, there's not much you can do.

Aimed towards anyone:
If you think I'm going to grind 24 hours for a month to get some fail armour that has +60 compared to +5, your ****ing incredibly dumb.

asmit10

If you think I'm going to grind 24 hours for a month to get some fail armour that has +60 compared to +5, your ****ing incredibly dumb

I think this goes for everyone that knows that it only has +60 stats.
Shegoat
i'm 6 according to Dillh

Kevin

Basically a poor excuse to cover up them not being able to actually edit models and make new armour (unless I'm proven wrong).

Allie

I see your fail logic and I'll point out where it fails and how this just seems to embarrass you and everyone who agrees with you.

Your point that we've added up to +7, why not add more?
This was the first plus we've added from the original game, and it was done with intent and purpose, I fail to see how you interpret this as we have the intention of adding more +'s.
I see where you're getting at, but the history of this point is just terrible; we've only done it once and you immediately claim that we have the intention, or might as well, add insane numbers such as +15.

Your point that we might as well have added new armors..
Tell me, what would this have helped?
Would this have helped the huge amount of +5s (the max upgrade) people have?
Of course it would, so we should've just done that!
Would it have helped, in the long run, to deplete some gigas from the game?
Of course, who wouldn't spend the 50k coins per part or grind for a new armor, then delete their gigas intentionally to help deplete gigas.

All of you say it's not worth grinding and wasting all the money on +7.
So tell me, why are you complaining about it?
It's hardly op'ing things much more than they were previously -- our intentions were clear and you can't say it won't help the overall game giga inflation unless you've tried this on your own private server with this many people already - have you?

I'd suggest you just quit this rant, if even I can blow through your absolutely terrible logic, Opti can 15 paragraph wall of text it.
You can dislike it all you want, but once you start publicly trying to say that myself and/or Opti are bad staff members (most of the other staff members agreed on this -- we didn't do it privately) just because we did something that was necessary that you don't like, you've gotten one - rep at least from me.

And if you find making new armors easy, why don't you do it?
Contribute to our community by model editing for us -- I'm sure you're so good at it since you're trying to rush a project that's been worked on since May.
You seriously can't expect we're going to no life the model editing portion of the client -- Matt has been working on it in his spare time and when the project is complete new armors will be possible.
There are plenty of things we haven't worked out in creating new models in most places -- gun and head are easy since they are only one model segment.

Iridion

you guys have the habit of ruining the game and ruining the game more trying to fix the first ruined stuff. :)

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Allie

I fail to see how this ruins the game.
Instead of complaining about +6/7, accept that it exists and either go get it or don't care about it.

Yz

I am a massive bitching QQer when it comes to OP stuff but I personally think +7 was a nice touch, its not THAT op and there's a lot of gigas.. D:
DISCORD killyzkill

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-