March 28, 2024, 04:10:33 PMLatest Member: Danch
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Future Updates » Administrative response regarding the Guild situation

Administrative response regarding the Guild situation

Started by Allie, July 05, 2012, 11:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

First off, I'd like to say thank you to everyone whose been given feedback. This entire situation has basically been exploded almost as far as I'd expected it'd be. Here's a quote from MSN to summarize the past few days.

桜 says:
besides.
you're not really quitting.
lulz.
It's just a publicity stunt.
Do you think I'd actually risk you.
If I just "gave in" and wiped it it wouldn't have gone public.
sean aka gramps says:
It was not a stunt, i was gone
桜 says:
not for you.
it was all a game to me though.
You actually believe you're quitting, everyone freaks the **** out and gives me feedback.
I use this feedback to create a new system.
You come back, everyones happy.

Your feedback has helped me to develop a new system. It will be briefly described here: let me know what you think.

To start, all guilds will be wiped; their current GP will be added to a Guild Hall of Fame -- only top 100. The top 5 guilds will ALL receive a Guild flag -- a great flag recognizing your work to your guild. For the rest of you, it's alright, you can always remake your guild afterwards.

At this point, no guilds will exist. What you'll notice is that level 100 is now required to make a new guild, and the cost is 10Million gigas. You may be saying "That's way too much", but let's be honest, check out those rankings, 1643 people have at least 10Million gigas and over 9935 people have reached level 100. Is that too much?

Once the guild is made, you will restart at 10 max guild members. You will immediately be able to purchase guild expansions for a reasonable price of 50Million gigas each. A lot? If you're a respectable guild owner you should be able to afford it -- especially since you only need two. Max guild members will be 20 -- just enough to have a nice active guild, but tight enough to induce competition. If it's too little, than sorry for you -- it may be expanded someday if our player base expands, but as it is 20 is perfect to allow for all the active players to be in your guild. Best of luck to you there.

Now for the guild points aspect..I'm going to talk about this later, but first I want to mention an important EXP change. This affects all three modes -- sector, pvp and base. Sector EXP rates will be cut in half; this means what you'd currently earn in hard mode is what you'll earn in easy. This is due to obviously absurd rates of EXP and GP able to be obtained. If you want nice rates, you'll always have survival, which will be giving an extra bonus too!

Survival rates, as they will stay the same, will give a new bonus along with the armors. With a full set of Tier 2 armor, you will receive an additional 15% EXP bonus. With a full set of Tier 3 armor, you will receive a massive 40% EXP bonus. This bonus works for all modes, Sector, Survival, PvP and Base.

Then, we'll move on to PvP..the EXP rates are going to increase dramatically. As PvP obviously is a stronger test of skill than Sector ever will be, it's only fair that it gets a large EXP income, right? Well, base EXP rates will change to 125% of your opponents level (decided by the final killer, not the one with the most points [might change someday]). All additional EXP changes will then take effect. For example, killing a level 200 (at any level, mind you) will render you 250 exp base, then as a member will turn into 500 for this single kill, and with a Tier 3 set totaling 700. For that single kill! Note that along with this, we're not going to let you farm. There's an additional timer; at 30 seconds you'll gain a total of 10% EXP, at 60 seconds you'll gain a total of 20% EXP, at 180 seconds (3Minutes) you'll gain a total of 60% EXP, and at 5 minutes you'll get the full 100%. In addition to this, pushing cuts EXP receive from that kill in half.

Now, BvB. The EXP rate method is very similar to PvP -- for every player kill you will receive 40% of their level (ie 80 EXP for a single kill of a level 200). Kills for mercenary render EXP equal to 20% of the owners level (ie 40 EXP for a level 200). The base itself will be worth half of the total level of the opponent (ie 400 if the other team is a team of 200s [adding up to 800]). Once the game is complete, the winning team will obtain another 15% EXP bonus to all EXP gains. This of course is the Base EXP and then has the multipliers. The timer for this is set to 5 minutes for up to 4 players in the room, then rises to 10 for 5-8 players. The amount is the same formula - every 10% of the total amount of time gives 10% of the EXP.

Now I'll introduce a new concept -- Guild Wars. This can be accessed using the new qualifier, {gw}. Doing this will activate a state of {gmo} where up to four of your guild members may enter. For the opposing guild, the first player to enter will have their guild locked into the room -- this means only guild members of the second guild may enter, and only up to four. There is no requirement that the amount of any guild has to equal the other, so 4v1 guild wars, etc are possible. Guild war can be initiated on either PvP or BvB, following the same EXP rates, however in a Guild War, the winner gets twice as much GP as they would a normal game. The loser, of course, will receive half the GP of a normal game. This is to induce competition -- however GP gain is entirely normal if the other guild has less than 1/10 of your guild GP. For example, if you have 10,000,000 GP total, and your opponent has 900,000 GP, GP gain is normal. This is to prevent farming.

Now for the overall part -- Guild Points. First off, this will be dividing Guilds in three. You will have three separate Guild Points (though what's displayed on the Guild menu is the total GP, all three added into one). This, of course, is Sector Guild Points, PvP Guild Points and BvB Guild Points. All three are separate and show up differently on the rankings. This enables there to be four different Guild rankings -- Main rankings (overall Sector, PvP and BvB added together), Guild Sector Rankings (Only including Sector GP), Guild PvP Rankings (Only including PvP GP) and Guild BvB Rankings (Only including BvB GP). This truly allows for guilds to be Sector, PvP or BvB guilds -- choose carefully what you want you want your guild to be.

For the rankings, it will be divided up newly, naturally. The Guild rankings will have six sections: Main, Sector, PvP, BvB, Guild Wars and Hall of Fame. If you've read this far, you should know what all six are, past that I leave the rest to what you already know. Sector rankings will not be modified, nor will any player EXP (though getting EXP in the future will be more or less difficult, depending on your skill.

And for the sake of not driving myself insane with this almost 7,000 character post, I'm going to post it now. Please give me feedback after you've read it all, I don't want any tl;drs. You all receive credit for giving me feedback -- this is my solution to our guild problem. Thanks for reading, the few of you who did.

And another proposal made afterwards being released at the same time is an addition to Tier armors.
If you're not a Survival player, no problem. Tiers will be released for PvP and BvB aswell.

These specific parts will be one per mode (as in a level 1 will get the same tier armor as a level 221), however the stats will scale with your level. The Tier armors will be untradeable, and obtainable in PvP and BvB randomly from other players/base. At level 221, the Tier 3 armor will be similar to Elektra+7, though, so you should still try to get that Overload Tier 3 if you can -- but at least you have an opportunity for that 15%/40% EXP bonus with Tier 2 and 3!

daluzman123

Very good idea, Can't wait until it takes place.

+1

~Mod Johnny

Yz

I'm really excited for everything! Some great ideas in here, it'll really improve the game for the better.
DISCORD killyzkill

Dewo

X

MagicXR

droid zylon1

we should have kept in the top 5 ranks tricky lel i want a cool flag. :O btw thanks allie.

frog

yeritsyaboy1

Wow , This Is Gunna Be Amazing ! I Do Agree The Sector Exp Rates Were A Little Over The Top . However , The Reduction Will Hinder Alot Of Leechers And Will Take More Devotion To Reach The Max Level Cap . I Cant Wait For Guild Wars Too . Im All For This ! (:

- SparkyRobo
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.

Quote from: Materger link=topic=26991.msg276178#msg2

rettknight

July 05, 2012, 11:40:57 PM #8 Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:41:34 PM by rettknight
I've read it all and I loved the new system, this is awesome. And I will finally be able to play more PvP/BvB Since I don't personally like sector as much.. And now this gives me a reason to use my tier3 instead of my bladium haha. :3.. Great !
By the way, by when would this be performed? o;

IGN: RetKiss | Ret | | -Ret- | Gora

Zap1173

Extremely good but more than 20 members.

Cutting exp rates in half for sector is complete BULLSHIT Tons of people will quit this game.
Also if your saying pvp and bvb will be the best exp rates in the game.
What will happen to the new people who join? It will take them a shit load of time to get up to a considerable pvp/bvb level
+1 for guild stuff
-1 for exp rates

zomniethe4

Zom

Jeffalo13

I'M ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR

speedy101

i like this all exept the sector thing i find this unfair as all PVP/BVBers will be great but what about the people who suck at pvp/bvb and all they do is sector like come on sector is fine how it is LEAVE IT.
IGN:OGSpeed
LVL:non mem172 member 221

zomniethe4

Max Players 15!
More Guilds, more guild wars, more competition, more spark, more drama, more lalala.

Zom

jinhongzhu

Allie I love this new change in the game especially when u mentioned the Guild Flags :3. Altought, I think you should increase the amout of people in the guild. Perhaps change the max members to 25 people. Other then that I love this new change. Please think about changing the max members allowed.

Creator Of Mid-Air Block <--Corr told me to put this k.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-