April 20, 2024, 10:58:09 AMLatest Member: kurskmWet
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Future Updates » Administrative response regarding the Guild situation

Administrative response regarding the Guild situation

Started by Allie, July 05, 2012, 11:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokeh

Allie

@CodePurple
I don't see anything constructive there, but I will rebut what you brought forth.

First off, I'm not eliminating Sector. It will always be the main method of EXP gain no matter what we do -- I'll bet my administrative position on that. The EXP gain is already extremely high, the only thing I am doing is balancing it out -- you can get the same amount of EXP as you did one month ago by just playing hard mode. Sector is easy as hell, you can complete hard mode.

And about those who complained about rank#1, I don't understand where you're getting that. To be honest, our Guild system is broken and needs a competitive edge. This has nothing to do with a rank, but competitiveness is what keeps a game going, and this game has none.

20 people in guilds are completely fair -- BOTS had 30 and everyone was happy with that. Why isn't it 30? Because our playerbase is significantly lower than BOTS was. The only reason you have a problem with it is because it's 50 right now; and we realize that was a mistake.

Max player count in guilds now costs significantly less, so that's all I really have to say about guild expansions.

Survival is there for a reason, its EXP rate will seem higher now that Sector isn't so high. It's worth training on if you like sector. The tier sets are also very worthy of getting -- especially with the XP rate modifier on them.

As for "all pvpers/bvbers" are getting the benefits, think of it as a wake up call. The game has multiple modes -- try the other ones out. Everyone sucks at PvP/BvB here. The reason is because everyone crawls into Sector without trying to get better. You will get good if you practice, and now is as good a time as any.

GavinGill

Quote from: Zap1173 on July 06, 2012, 12:00:14 AM
What will happen to the new people who join? It will take them a shit load of time to get up to a considerable pvp/bvb level
Honestly, a lot of people here suck at PvP/BvB so it won't be too hard for newbies. I'm not trying to be ****y, I'm pretty bad at PvP myself and too rusy to even be considered decent at BvB at this point, but the majority of people here really are terri-bad at PvP/BvB. The more they play, the more they'll improve. And the only way to entice players to PvP/BvB, is to give them better EXP rates than sector. People can still do those ridiculously easy sector runs for EXP and GP, even with it cut in half it's still more than the amount we were given on BOTS!! (I think).

Quote from: mic99 on July 06, 2012, 12:13:25 AMthe whole guild reset is dumb too, why reset the guild cuz u got babies tht cant play the game.
It was reset because the people that don't know how to play are the ones that are making it rank 1, while anyone with skill is sidelined and has to quit because there's no competition. At all.

Quote from: mic99 on July 06, 2012, 12:13:25 AMno1 will play sector, u will have ppl that are gods at PvP and others tht suck (me)
1. Why would they stop doing sector? It's still the only way to get drops and still the easiest way to get EXP.
2. Then learn how to play the ****ing game.

Quote from: mic99 on July 06, 2012, 12:13:25 AMALSO how the fk is a lv 1 supposed to play PVP against a lv 221 to get raised a lv?
Why would a level 1 play against a level 221? Does that make sense to you?

I'm not going to bother replying to the rest of your post because it'd just drive me to drink. And I hate drinking. >_>

Quote from: speedy101 on July 06, 2012, 12:26:43 AM
i like this all exept the sector thing i find this unfair as all PVP/BVBers will be great but what about the people who suck at pvp/bvb and all they do is sector like come on sector is fine how it is LEAVE IT.
Then those people should learn how to play the other 2/3 of the game, shouldn't they? And if you like to sector, then keep playing sector. No one's stopping you.
-----
I'm with everything except the part about having to pay that much for a guild expansion. That being said though, I don't know how long it take to get those many Gigas here so I guess I can't complain. So I guess that about covers everything. If 20 members isn't enough, we always increase it to 25 or 30 later on down the road but for now, it should be good. You might want to announce this a week or two in advance through the updater btw.

I'll probably be playing regularly this summer. ^^

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is
done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

speedy101

i dont find forcing people to play a game mode is fair
IGN:OGSpeed
LVL:non mem172 member 221

Yz

It's obviously not forcing, you still may play Sector.

Here's how it is now - Sector has loads of EXP, PvP and BvB has little EXP.

Here's how it will be - Sector will have decent EXP, PvP and BvB have semi-decent EXP.

Sector is still the best mode for power-grinding and no one is forcing you to do anything.
DISCORD killyzkill

speedy101

y not just raise pvp a bvb exp i find no point in changing sector exp do you know how long it takes one person with no DM gun to do 228 on hard its about 2 games of easy which is more then fair

sasuke6548

Lel, now a guild PVP team actually gonna be doing something.

GavinGill

Quote from: speedy101 on July 06, 2012, 12:55:07 AM
i dont find forcing people to play a game mode is fair
Promoting is not the same as forcing. Encouraging players to play the other two modes isn't going to kill sector. If anything, it makes the guild rankings more fair for the PvPers and BvBers, instead of simply catering to the sector grinders.

Quote from: speedy101 on July 06, 2012, 01:01:12 AM
y not just raise pvp a bvb exp i find no point in changing sector exp do you know how long it takes one person with no DM gun to do 228 on hard its about 2 games of easy which is more then fair
Because that would hardly do anything to get people to PvP/BvB more. We've tried it in the past, and it doesn't make enough of a difference for it to bring about any sort of meaningful change.

The entire point of this change was to promote the game's stability. It's been dying because people are getting burnt out on sector and since there's no one to PvP/BvB, they quit. Once there's an active PvP and BvB community established, we won't have to worry about players quitting due to boredom 9which is currently the biggest issue with this server atm).

speedy101

you already promoting with guild wars. exp wont promote people to play pvp or bvb. so y change the exp rates on sector if it didnt affect people before you just support y changing exp wont do anything thanx

GavinGill

I think you should re-read my post, I've already answered those questions and from the looks of it, it seems like you didn't understand what I was saying.

spiderstar

Pokeh

so you'll only be earning pvp/bvb gp if you use {gw} or whenever you win (individual or team), you get gp for your guild for that mode?

speedy101

I understand perfectly your saying you tried using exp to promote it before and it didnt work so im saying what makes you think dropping the exp in sector will do anything it won't all it will do is make people quit. im saying leave sector exp raise pvp/bvb exp and use GW. that will promote pvp/bvb even without dropping sector exp and its more then fair for sectors and pvp/bvbers.

Blessed

so tempted to come back just for the guild war part... ::)

Vs.

enriquecarlo

;D cool  ! >:(  but now i want tier 3 set more than yesterday  ( yesterday I was dieing for one set )
I

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-