April 28, 2024, 03:25:44 AMLatest Member: lmhbk1234

About FWS.

Started by ZeroUH, November 20, 2012, 10:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selene

November 21, 2012, 06:55:34 PM #45 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:57:29 PM by Selene
Quote from: Cooky on November 21, 2012, 06:54:08 PM
Quote from: Selene on November 21, 2012, 06:50:26 PM
I made the black list. If people get warned they will be added to the list.

It took me a long time.

By saying it took a long time you are implying that there was lots of people to add to the list but the list was supposed to start yesterday, and I know there surely couldnt have been that many warned people in 1 day to warrant it 'taking a long time' . I dont understand... why would it have taken a long time?
It explains how the black list works and how you should take action before warning and moderating. If you saw the topic you would understand.

Purple

I can't help but notice there was no response to my statement, I assume that means that you're either waiting for allie to post why my reasoning is invalid or you just have no counter argument. Either way, make black list public please.

^**** im special xd

Selene

Quote from: Purple on November 21, 2012, 08:38:47 PM
I can't help but notice there was no response to my statement, I assume that means that you're either waiting for allie to post why my reasoning is invalid or you just have no counter argument. Either way, make black list public please.
Why do you want to see who is on the black list? When you see someone who is warned you know he/she is on the black list.

Cooky

Quote from: Selene on November 21, 2012, 08:44:36 PM
Why do you want to see who is on the black list? When you see someone who is warned you know he/she is on the black list.
the same could be said:

Why do you want to hide the black list?

KillerPig

just show it omfg

making everything so unnecessarily complicated

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Rossbach

Quote from: KillerPig on November 21, 2012, 08:48:12 PM
just show it omfg

They believe it is professional to hide things from the public. Anyways, lets see how long this "FWS" will work for.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Selene

Quote from: Rossbach on November 21, 2012, 09:00:16 PM
Quote from: KillerPig on November 21, 2012, 08:48:12 PM
just show it omfg

They believe it is professional to hide things from the public. Anyways, lets see how long this "FWS" will work for.  ::)
Long time.

KillerPig

sounds like another idea thats gonna fall flat but lets just see

heheheheheheeh

IGN: KillerPig (H) | NinjaPig (H) | ShadowPig (H) | KillerPig (L)
LVL: 225 | 225 | 225 | 44
GUILD: ZeaL | CourageCrew | Lil Optis | -

Purple

I'm sorry that not everyone may have a perfect memory. Can you remember EVERYONE who was warned within the past 2 years? Let's say this "FWS" project actually lasts, how can you expect people to remember that they've been warned 1-2 years ago? You just can't. That means that they could use "I didn't remember that I got put on the black list" as an excuse, and you would have no way to prove that they actually did remember. I actually can't believe you couldn't figure this out on your own.

^**** im special xd

Cooky

November 21, 2012, 09:07:10 PM #54 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:09:15 PM by Cooky
Im just not understanding one thing..

The counter arguement to 'this is stupid, u should make the list public' is 'if you want to see who is on the list its easy just look at who gets warnings'... but.. if it is easy and anyone can just see who gets warnings.. then why bother making it private? Thats like saying your making a list of all the days it rains but making it private.. whats the point? What is there to hide? If someone wanted to they could just keep track of all the days it rains, but that would be a huge hassle. All this does is make an inconvenience for users on the forum.

Rossbach

November 21, 2012, 09:10:01 PM #55 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:12:32 PM by Rossbach
Quote from: Purple on November 21, 2012, 09:04:11 PM

I'm sorry that not everyone may have a perfect memory. Can you remember EVERYONE who was warned within the past 2 years? Let's say this "FWS" project actually lasts, how can you expect people to remember that they've been warned 1-2 years ago? You just can't. That means that they could use "I didn't remember that I got put on the black list" as an excuse, and you would have no way to prove that they actually did remember. I actually can't believe you couldn't figure this out on your own.

They simply will say that is not an excuse. Ross can see someone getting warned 3 times for going off topic, then 5 years latter that person goes off topic again and gets muted, because the staff noticed that person already got 3 warnings according from what was noted in the blacklist.

Quote from: KillerPig on November 21, 2012, 09:03:52 PM

heheheheheheeh

Just because Ross said; "anyways, lets see how long this "FWS" will work for," this pops up.   ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Purple

Quote from: Rossbach on November 21, 2012, 09:10:01 PM
Quote from: Purple on November 21, 2012, 09:04:11 PM

They simply will say that is not an excuse. Ross can see someone getting warned 3 times for going off topic, then 5 years latter that person goes off topic again and gets muted, because the staff noticed that person already got 3 warnings from the blacklist.

Quote from: KillerPig on November 21, 2012, 09:03:52 PM

heheheheheheeh

Just because Ross said; "anyways, lets see how long this "FWS" will work for," this pops up.   ::)

If they actually just said "that's not an excuse" I would give the forum community less then 2 years before it became non-existent.

^**** im special xd

Selene

If they haven't been on for a long time we would not mute them. The warnings would start all over again.

K so I decided to make it public. Give me at least 10 minutes though.

Rossbach

November 21, 2012, 09:19:24 PM #58 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:33:18 PM by Rossbach
Just to note, adding a new "FWS," will not help staff crack down on rule breakers. People will still go off-topic and staff will not notice it like always, letting that person get away. Plus the fact that they may warn a person more than the times they stated in the "FWS" topic. (Someone gets 2 verbal warnings.)  If staff want this to work, start cracking down on the  rule breakers like the report a rule breaker section. That section is getting over-moderated, while the other sections are getting under-moderated.  ::)

Quote from: Selene on November 21, 2012, 09:17:03 PM
If they haven't been on for a long time we would not mute them. The warnings would start all over again.

Then it is the exact same as before. A person can get warned, show they learned, get un-warned, wait it out for a bit, then go break it again. According to what you said, even if they got warned before, after a amount of time the warnings will start over. This is the exact same as the old system, except it won't be for only 3 days.

Omnomnom eating toast.

Selene

November 21, 2012, 09:38:35 PM #59 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:42:11 PM by Selene
So I removed the "Black list" from "Report Discussions" in staff section and the two topics in "Important information".

For now on when we staff think you have learned your lesson we will remove your warning, mute or moderation.

Sorry.

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-