April 26, 2024, 12:49:28 PMLatest Member: AudreaHind
BoutCheetah » Forum » Zylon Gaming » Announcements » Community Poll - Results

Community Poll - Results

Started by Allie, September 23, 2013, 10:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie

We have closely looked at your feedback, and have decided to go ahead with both updates (although on a smaller scale).

We are going to first update sector. This will probably include things ranging from two to four new maps, to removing the 65535 xp cap, allowing you guys to level much faster.

After the sector update is released (planned for about two weeks from now), we will begin on the base update. With this update we'll bring you guaranteed new features, although what they are are TBA, as the entire update is essentially a research project. Things that you may see from this update include multiple bases in a single game, new maps, and a rework of base/merc stats and ai.

During the sector update, we will probably call upon a few of you base enthusiasts to help get started on the merc rework with Kenny while I continue on the sector update.

We hope you guys are as satisfied with this decision as we were.

lara538

first post  :P

sector first, k no prob i voted for base but ill wait gladly :)
Thanks ang and spidey for the sigs! :3

(click to show/hide)

medchiller

I like this plan! We can level, play the new sector maps while the few base players help with the base update and then it can be finished. Great plan, can't wait to see the result! :D

jinhongzhu

I'm just glad your updating base.
Do you have anytime when the base update may come?

Creator Of Mid-Air Block <--Corr told me to put this k.

tincan

Mmmk ima level to 225 and start playing more often.
Thanks allie for making the base update. I love you cutie. :-*
TinyBot aka TinyPatch

hur9

Cool.
im base enthusiastic i can help kenny on the work
if you guys let me help obv

MasterMerc

Quote from: hur90 on September 23, 2013, 11:32:23 PM
Cool.
im base enthusiastic i can help kenny on the work
if you guys let me help obv
LOLWUT

prob gonna be corr/lyfe/pig
#stopmegatron2k15

pippie

oh gawd... this post is making me want to quit LoL and play BC all day

Bombz

I am satisfied with this decision.  :)

Madprox

IGN: GM Max | Level: 270 | Guild: Utopia

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on September 23, 2013, 10:57:19 PM
We are going to first update sector.

But didn't base win the vote?

Cooky

Quote from: nanak tatum on September 24, 2013, 12:57:35 AM
Yes but Allie saw that there needs to be some way of leveling while waiting for base update. It's smarter to do it this way.

She's not the only one, I was preaching that several times throughout the thread

I'm glad she shares the same view

Cooky

droid zylon1

U put ~they are are tba~. Figured u wanted to know but no big deal. anyways on another note i love where the uldates are going and all the new features

Pokeh

Cooky

sirhamtaro

Quote from: droid zylon1 on September 24, 2013, 01:52:51 AM
U put ~they are are tba~. Figured u wanted to know but no big deal. anyways on another note i love where the uldates are going and all the new features
"what they are,are tba"
is what she really said

Quote from: droid zylon1 on September 24, 2013, 01:52:51 AM
uldates
nice one

multiple bases would be stupid tho poke c'mon man

Pokeh

i dont rly visit any topics other than off topic so i dont keep up.

and it would kinda be cool in 4 way base maps like aerodeck or smth with 8 people

;_;

Robocop7ant

<br />

Experiences

IGN: Rapidash/Experiences/Expeh.
=-Lvl 270-=

Epic xD

Quote from: nanak tatum on September 24, 2013, 03:29:55 AM
Why would it be stupid? It just adds more modes to base and could be fun.
Multiple bases probably WILL be stupid. I can already think of two easy strategies that would smash that game mode. >.>

Basically, I think that regular base will always be better, but with enough tweaking, multiple bases COULD (and that's a big could, especially depending on who helps make it) be alright.

Quote from: KillerPig on June 24, 2011, 07:49:43 AM
I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Pokeh

Have you sorted out the merc priority? How would it work? (Sending merc out to attack, what base would they go after? The weakest? The closest?)

You should totally make the original lv 95/98 map a base map. Setting a base at start, at kow, at codered, and at the box going towards the boss. Perfect (more or less) square for a 4-way base battle. Jumping over platforms would be a limitation for some bases though.

Cooky

Quote from: Pokeh on September 24, 2013, 04:31:35 PM
Have you sorted out the merc priority? How would it work?

well she said the whole base update is more or less a research project so I doubt they have thought of things like that yet. Right now they are trying to figure out what is and what isn't possible. Then they will work from there.

Mario666

Can't wait for the exp cap to be removed. I'll finally be able to use my x2 to it's full potential

mic99

Can't wait for both updates woohoo  :D

Epic xD

Quote from: Pokeh on September 24, 2013, 04:31:35 PM
Have you sorted out the merc priority? How would it work? (Sending merc out to attack, what base would they go after? The weakest? The closest?)

You should totally make the original lv 95/98 map a base map. Setting a base at start, at kow, at codered, and at the box going towards the boss. Perfect (more or less) square for a 4-way base battle. Jumping over platforms would be a limitation for some bases though.
You can get your mercs to go wherever you want by simply hitting the G key multiple times.

Level 98 would be a terrible base map. Once someone gets to your base, you wouldn't even be able to push them. .-.

I've been debating with myself about this for a long time now. No, I'm not leaving BC, but when I get back, I'll be asking the girl I've liked for a long time to go out with me. Wish me luck. Zomg I'm so excited.

Cooky

Quote from: Epic xD on September 24, 2013, 05:54:06 PM
Level 98 would be a terrible base map. Once someone gets to your base, you wouldn't even be able to push them. .-.

So 'how easy it is to push people'  is one of the key factors in determining a good base map?

I now dislike base even more

Epic xD

September 24, 2013, 06:19:24 PM #27 Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:38:44 PM by Epic xD
Quote from: Cooky on September 24, 2013, 05:56:43 PM
Quote from: Epic xD on September 24, 2013, 05:54:06 PM

So 'how easy it is to push people'  is one of the key factors in determining a good base map?

I now dislike base even more
My God, you are such a smart ass.

>never plays BvB
>as a direct result, does not know anything about BvB

Pushing other players consistently is way harder than you think it is. I doubt you could even get a push. >_>

Being able to push someone when they are at your base is a key factor (not that it is easy, but it is possible). If you have 2 or 3 people attacking your base, the only way to kill them before they kill your base (or severely damage it) is to push them. Pushing mercs is also extremely important to how the game is played. If there is a map with no holes (thus, it isn't possible to push mercs), all you have to do is rush your mercs.

Every map but Industrobe sucks ass because all you have to do is rush the base and win. There are no tactics with offense and defense, just simply rushing your mercs and attacking in a group of 4 will allow you to win.

Cooky

Quote from: Epic xD on September 24, 2013, 06:19:24 PM
My God, you are such a smart ass.

>never plays BvB
>as a direct result, does not know anything about BvB

It's way harder than you think it is. I doubt you could even get a push. >_>

I don't like pushing and upon hearing that its a big part of what determines a good base map, I further disliked base mode. Sorry for having a different opinion then yours, but that is far and away not worthy of your rude insults and ranting post. The attitude you are displaying is another one of the reasons I hate base. Seemingly everyone I see who heavily supports base, seems to insult everyone who doesn't feel the same way. No one picks on all the base lovers for not playing sector as much and saying how base is better, but you guys continue to slam everyone who has something negative to say or just doesn't know much about your favorite mode. Consider that for a moment, as I am sure I am not the only one who notices this/feels that way.

Epic xD

September 24, 2013, 06:38:49 PM #29 Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:42:08 PM by Epic xD
Hey, Cooky, I played sector several years ago on Bots. Then, I played sector on Evo because Tok promised me long-term PvP and BvB (which was a lie but that's a different story). And do you want to know something? I was the fastest person to 110. I leveled my Bot from 1-110 in 48 hours of gameplay time, which was the fastest anyone had done it. I was an excellent grinder, and the skills are learned from the old style of sector (lulz 2006-2008) helped immensely with BvB. BvB uses components from both the old Bots sector and PvP.

I believe sector used to be somewhat enjoyable, but the fact of the matter is they made it about having the best stats and just punching everything to death instead of finding the most efficient way to finish the level. This would be done by finding out the necessary mobs to kill and find the fastest way to kill said mobs. That kind of sector is okay. However, the way sector is now is incredibly boring because all you do is hit v-v-v-x ad nauseam.

Cooky

Quote from: Epic xD on September 24, 2013, 06:38:49 PM
Hey, Cooky, I played sector several years ago on Bots. Then, I played sector on Evo because Tok promised me long-term PvP and BvB (which was a lie but that's a different story). And do you want to know something? I was the fastest person to 110. I leveled my Bot from 1-110 in 48 hours of gameplay time, which was the fastest anyone had done it. I was an excellent grinder, and the skills are learned from the old style of sector helped immensely with BvB. BvB uses components from both the old Bots sector and PvP.

I believe sector used to be somewhat enjoyable, but the fact of the matter is they made it about having the best stats and just punching everything to death instead of finding the most efficient way to finish the level. This would be done by finding out the necessary mobs to kill and find the fastest way to kill said mobs. That kind of sector is okay. However, the way sector is now is incredibly boring because all you do is hit v-v-v-x ad nauseam.

thanks for the...story

lots of things in there I agree with, mostly the 2nd paragraph

Allie

Quote from: Epic xD on September 24, 2013, 06:38:49 PMfinding the most efficient way to finish the level. This would be done by finding out the necessary mobs to kill and find the fastest way to kill said mobs.

try raid mode. we're a full week in and we progressed only to the middle of the second wave of 235.

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on September 24, 2013, 06:45:39 PM
try raid mode. we're a full week in and we progressed only to the middle of the second wave of 235.

isn't that largely because most people are undergeared? Its meant for 8 people in 221 sets right?

Allie

Quote from: Cooky on September 24, 2013, 06:47:44 PM
Quote from: Allie on September 24, 2013, 06:45:39 PM

isn't that largely because most people are undergeared? Its meant for 8 people in 221 sets right?

Partially, but in recent times we've gotten 8 people in 221 gear.
At two boxes per drop and not limiting the amount of raids you can do, an 8 man team can gear up in a few days.
It helps that redemption took their time gearing up each other in an orderly fashion instead of ffa.

opuiq3

Do you know what the new xp cap will be? Also, what does the xp cap do or prevent us from doing?

^yw allie

hawk5005

Quote from: opuiq3 on September 25, 2013, 09:34:43 AM
Do you know what the new xp cap will be? Also, what does the xp cap do or prevent us from doing?
The xp cap limitates the amount of xp you get per game. There will probably no new xp cap added, so having membership and Overload T3 will boost you xp quite a lot.

NitroMan171

On the subject of the sector maps, will they be done in the same way as Jura's? As in recoloured/modded maps and mobs? Or are you just gonna change which mobs appear. :3 I'm curious.
4 Million gp? Go on then ;3

Feed Spiffy something spiffing :3

There's a difference between having a good gp score, and having a good guild. :I ~Nitroman

Selene

Quote from: NitroMan171 on September 28, 2013, 05:50:04 AM
On the subject of the sector maps, will they be done in the same way as Jura's? As in recoloured/modded maps and mobs? Or are you just gonna change which mobs appear. :3 I'm curious.
Changed in look.

Iridion

Quote from: Selene on September 28, 2013, 12:12:38 PM
Quote from: NitroMan171 on September 28, 2013, 05:50:04 AM
Changed in look.
i hope to a higher standard than jura's seriously

Quote from: Madproxyes because Iri & Kp can change the rules!
thats how we roll maddie

Allie

currently (hopefully) plan is an entirely new map never before seen, designed by us.
unfortunately, its extremely difficult and may not make it this patch. our ability to do this is in development and just a tiny piece was learned at the end of the raid patch.

that means they'll hopefully come soon, if not this patch.

Cooky

Quote from: Allie on September 28, 2013, 03:01:41 PM
currently (hopefully) plan is an entirely new map never before seen, designed by us.
unfortunately, its extremely difficult and may not make it this patch. our ability to do this is in development and just a tiny piece was learned at the end of the raid patch.

that means they'll hopefully come soon, if not this patch.

wow this is awesome news

Zap1173

its been like 5 weeks, your really late allie :s

Allie

Quote from: Zap1173 on October 31, 2013, 09:44:43 PM
its been like 5 weeks, your really late allie :s

Kenny's been gone for 3 of those 5 weeks.
Accidents happen.

era95

Ty so much for sector update cause it's so hard to level up these days
:)

Reviax

Quote from: era95 on November 11, 2013, 02:27:44 PM
Ty so much for sector update cause it's so hard to level up these days
O_o....

-Speedy-

Is there a new set date to when this update will be released.

#1 *Sector Nub*
-Speedy-, Speedy II, Speedy III

Thornz

Quote from: -Speedy- on November 11, 2013, 05:38:34 PM
Is there a new set date to when this update will be released.

Or even an approximation maybe?

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

droid zylon1

medchiller

Quote from: Allie on November 17, 2013, 12:43:31 PM
Sector updates coming first.
Kenny's working on scroll while I'm working on sector. They should both be released sometime next week or the week after.

Allie

Quote from: nanak tatum on November 18, 2013, 11:33:04 PM
Damn I wonder what the map will look like!!! Since we saw that they have the smart ai from raid/221 zeon, and they can model stuff like removing kowbats head!

The new sector maps will have "smart ai", but we're not planning any sector model edits yet. It was a lot of work just getting that one model to work.
It was more or less a test, a test that was successful and we wish to expand upon in the future.

droid zylon1

qolderman

Quote from: Allie on November 19, 2013, 01:34:17 AM
Quote from: nanak tatum on November 18, 2013, 11:33:04 PM
Damn I wonder what the map will look like!!! Since we saw that they have the smart ai from raid/221 zeon, and they can model stuff like removing kowbats head!

The new sector maps will have "smart ai", but we're not planning any sector model edits yet. It was a lot of work just getting that one model to work.
It was more or less a test, a test that was successful and we wish to expand upon in the future.
sounds awesome!
IGN: Caustic

^thanks cooky <3
Quote from: Cooky on August 03, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
whats wrong with eating a sock

Reviax

Zeon is considered "smart AI"?

Most of the time it just keeps continuously jumping in front of me until I hit it. =/

Thornz

Quote from: Reviax on November 19, 2013, 04:07:36 PM

Most of the time it just keeps continuously jumping in front of me until I hit it. =/

Cause he can jump attack, block bullets, defeat rush, etc....

IGN: FM Thornz [Lv 270]
Quote from: cyc0828He destroy my guild
Not pants

Reviax

Quote from: Thornz on November 19, 2013, 04:09:27 PM
Quote from: Reviax on November 19, 2013, 04:07:36 PM

Cause he can jump attack, block bullets, defeat rush, etc....
But then there's the GC. We can endlessly guard crush him because he has no 6-hit counter. He's the only mob on the map so it's not difficult to get him into a GC position. Once you have him, it's all over for Zeon since there are no other mobs to interrupt you.

Allie

Quote from: Reviax on November 19, 2013, 04:15:30 PM]But then there's the GC. We can endlessly guard crush him because he has no 6-hit counter. He's the only mob on the map so it's not difficult to get him into a GC position. Once you have him, it's all over for Zeon since there are no other mobs to interrupt you.

He has the best and smartest counter.
Unfortunately, the digi animations aren't fast enough to actually get past gc or fast combos.

Rossbach

Quote from: Allie on November 19, 2013, 05:48:39 PM
Quote from: Reviax on November 19, 2013, 04:15:30 PM]But then there's the GC. We can endlessly guard crush him because he has no 6-hit counter. He's the only mob on the map so it's not difficult to get him into a GC position. Once you have him, it's all over for Zeon since there are no other mobs to interrupt you.

He has the best and smartest counter.
Unfortunately, the digi animations aren't fast enough to actually get past gc or fast combos.

Srs Allie, like Ross has been saying before, you never did put counter on Digi, otherwise you broke him.  ::)

Omnomnom eating toast.

Czch

ae ls mando a uno k esta  jugando sucio merece un castigo....cuidando las reglas...

MuzzaFuzza

February 12, 2014, 04:51:22 PM #58 Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:22:04 PM by MuzzaFuzza
Quote from: Czch on February 12, 2014, 04:48:06 PM
ae ls mando a uno k esta  jugando sucio merece un castigo....cuidando las reglas...

Este es el tema equivocado. Por favor, puesto que se informa de un interruptor de la regla con que está dado de pantalla y la descripción del jugador. gracias. También esta es una prueba insuficiente.

(This is the wrong topic. Please post under report a rule breaker with your given screenshot and description of the player. thank you. Also this is insufficient proof.)

mygodZzZ

Cooky

Copyright © ZylonGaming 2009 - 2024
-Terms of Use-